Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 03:52:38 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Minor Feature Request  (Read 742 times)
oda.krell (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1007

View Profile
November 23, 2013, 11:33:47 PM

Hey

Big fan of you client. Had one minor request: could you maybe make the total balance of the current wallet that is displayed to be equal to all funds *without* those in addresses that are set to frozen.

Since not everyone wants that, maybe it could be an option in the settings, or maybe even better... the balance could show both, in the style of:

ALL FUNDS (ALL FUNDS - MINUS FROZEN FUNDS)

Does that sound like something you could get behind? The reason is that at least I consider the funds in my frozen addresses really different from the regular funds... some are held there for friends, some are "reservres", and in any case I don't want to consider them part of my actual, normal balance.

Not sure which Bitcoin wallet you should use? Get Electrum!
Electrum is an open-source lightweight client: fast, user friendly, and 100% secure.
Download the source or executables for Windows/OSX/Linux/Android from, and only from, the official Electrum homepage.
escrow.ms
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
November 23, 2013, 11:49:04 PM

+1  Nice suggestion.

PS: They should also add a option to export private key as QR codes so people can easily import their bitcoin address on mobile phone/tablet.
btcven

Activity: 715
Merit: 500

Bitcoin Venezuela

View Profile WWW
November 24, 2013, 08:31:24 AM

PS: They should also add a option to export private key as QR codes so people can easily import their bitcoin address on mobile phone/tablet.

Disclosing any of the private keys would compromised your entire seed, so all your past and future private keys would be compromised.

Admin: rdymac (PGP) | contacto@bitcoinvenezuela.com | @cafebitcoin | Electrum, lightweight bitcoin client
If I've been helpful tip me a coffee! Cheesy1rdymachKZpA9pTYHYHMYZjfjnoBW6B3k Bitrated user: rdymac.
btcven

Activity: 715
Merit: 500

Bitcoin Venezuela

View Profile WWW
November 24, 2013, 08:32:52 AM

Hey

Big fan of you client. Had one minor request: could you maybe make the total balance of the current wallet that is displayed to be equal to all funds *without* those in addresses that are set to frozen.

Since not everyone wants that, maybe it could be an option in the settings, or maybe even better... the balance could show both, in the style of:

ALL FUNDS (ALL FUNDS - MINUS FROZEN FUNDS)

Does that sound like something you could get behind? The reason is that at least I consider the funds in my frozen addresses really different from the regular funds... some are held there for friends, some are "reservres", and in any case I don't want to consider them part of my actual, normal balance.

Having frozen addresses with funds try (!) command in the amount section of the Send tab.

Admin: rdymac (PGP) | contacto@bitcoinvenezuela.com | @cafebitcoin | Electrum, lightweight bitcoin client
If I've been helpful tip me a coffee! Cheesy1rdymachKZpA9pTYHYHMYZjfjnoBW6B3k Bitrated user: rdymac.
oda.krell (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1007

View Profile
November 24, 2013, 04:12:08 PM

Having frozen addresses with funds try (!) command in the amount section of the Send tab.

Thanks for the quick reply.

Just tried it, it fills in the max non-frozen amount it seems.

It's useful, but not exactly what I was hoping for: I guess I'm increasingly using Bitcoin (and with it: Electrum) like I would use a bank account, paying for services, moving between exchanges, etc.

I would be nice if I could see, at a glance, my total non-frozen funds, which are the ones that are really available to me.

But I also can see that there's probably more important stuff to implement than display tweaks like that.

Not sure which Bitcoin wallet you should use? Get Electrum!
Electrum is an open-source lightweight client: fast, user friendly, and 100% secure.
Download the source or executables for Windows/OSX/Linux/Android from, and only from, the official Electrum homepage.
ThomasV
Legendary

Activity: 1896
Merit: 1353

View Profile WWW
November 25, 2013, 06:38:15 PM

version 2.0 will have multiple accounts, so you can choose to freeze one

Electrum: the convenience of a web wallet, without the risks
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: