Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 07:20:06 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [CLOSED] Casascius silver 1BTC: 1.25[btc] each inc. UK shipping  (Read 1146 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
scotjam (OP)

Activity: 269
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 24, 2013, 12:20:29 AM
Last edit: November 25, 2013, 12:53:02 AM by scotjam

This has been closed shortly after opening due to the relevant coin rolls being sold out at casascius.com - apologies. Original text is below.

I missed the previous group buys for this so here goes:

Group buy for 20 Casascius silver 1 BTC with gold plated B and rim:

1.25 BTC each based on current price (subject to change if Casascius prices change; price changes will need confirmation and payment before order is placed of course). UK tracked shipping included in price; EU shipping is on top (please post your location to check price).

Terms (PLEASE READ):
Delivery: everyone in the group buy will be subject to the risk of non-delivery (I do not guarantee this), but I personally don't see this as a big risk. Casascius has a flawless reputation. When I re-ship them I will use UK tracked shipping which is normally insured up to about £50. I've never seen a UK royal mail tracked parcel get lost, but in the highly unlikely event your coin is lost between me and you, you will get whatever is paid out by the insurance once it is paid out. I will assist you in your claim. I am happy to insure to higher values on request. From my side, please check my trust feedback; I have dealt with similar BTC sums before, no problem.
Customs: I reserve the right to charge extra for customs duties or couriers' "handling fees" to the extent that any are charged to me. Typically I have seen amounts of £10-£20 charged for this kind of transaction. Onward shipping will be withheld until your share of customs is paid; share will be on a per-coin (not per order) basis. Again, this would also be the case if you were buying coins directly yourself (actually it would probably be worse as there is usually a minimum customs / handling charge, and the charge would not be shared between multiple buyers). You will be responsible for any customs charges when I send the coins on to you, but I do not believe this will happen to many locations because most of Europe is free of customs charges from other European countries I believe: http://ec.europa.eu/taxation_customs/customs/procedural_aspects/imports/free_circulation/index_en.htm
Returns: none - I am not a business seller; distance selling regulations do not apply.

For me this isn't really a way to make a substantial amount of BTC, just some compensation for the risk of organising as I will be responsible for making sure everything goes as smoothly as possible. It just saves everyone paying separate postage. If you prefer to buy direct, feel free - I just wanted to save a few of us a few pounds. If I don't get sufficient interest here, I just won't proceed with the GB and will order any coins I want directly.

Please reply in this thread with the number of coins you're interested in. Once we get to 20, I will post a payment address and place the order.

Best

scotjam

Coin reservations list:
scotjam
scotjam
scotjam

Who's next?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
geoffreyqp

Activity: 712
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 24, 2013, 12:22:37 AM

y wouldn't they just buy straight from casascius?
scotjam (OP)

View Profile
November 24, 2013, 12:26:18 AM

y wouldn't they just buy straight from casascius?

That's an easy one - shipping costs.

I include tracked shipping within the UK (and ship at cost to the EU); Casascius will charge 0.15 on top of 1.25BTC for the coin.

Furthermore, any customs / handling charges from the US will be split between buyers which will help (because otherwise there's often a significant minimum handling charge for example).

Thanks for the interest!

scotjam
Magazine

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 24, 2013, 12:27:24 AM

Escrow?
scotjam (OP)

View Profile
November 24, 2013, 12:30:56 AM

Escrow?

I don't mind using escrow, but my trading record is good in situations where others have paid first (see my trust) and ultimately group buy participants need to trust me anyway because the coins will arrive at my address for redistribution; so it is probably easier for me to just place the order directly.

I don't feel strongly either way though, so if this gives people comfort, I'm happy to use escrow I trust (e.g. SebastianJu).

Best

scotjam
scotjam (OP)

View Profile
November 24, 2013, 09:10:29 AM

Please specify when you reply with a group buy order if you would prefer that I use escrow; I will consider this a "vote for escrow". If there is enough demand for it this group buy will take place with escrow (note that escrow will only protect the BTC before the order is placed; once the order is placed the coins will still need to be shipped to me for redistribution, so you still need to trust me).

It probably won't introduce much delay, but it also wont mitigate much risk, so it's up to the group buy participants if they want this. No one who wants escrow will be forced to proceed without it (of course!) but if there is sufficient demand to proceed with a full order without escrow we will do so, and those who want escrow will be part of an additional GB order (which will proceed when there's enough demand for an escrowed group buy).

As an alternative to regular escrow, I'd be happy to register my ID with JohnK, although he is notoriously difficult to get hold of at the moment. Again, please add this when you reply with a group buy order if you want it.

Best

scotjam
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: