Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 10:29:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: To people who made, lost or missed the opportunity to make a lot of money  (Read 3032 times)
etheral (OP)

Activity: 41
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 24, 2013, 01:46:49 AM

Money is just money, it does not bring happiness in life, it only makes it more comfortable
uk1
Copper Member

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
November 24, 2013, 01:48:09 AM

so true

Anonylz

Activity: 2562
Merit: 577

View Profile
November 24, 2013, 01:50:56 AM

I am very sorry to say this, because I think you are absolutely right, but there is one point I do not agree on

ITS CURRENCY!!!!

██▄     ▄▄░
▀██▄ ▄██▀
▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████▄
████▀                   ▀████
████       ▄▄█████▄▄  ▀▄   ████
████      ▄██████████▄▀    ████
████      ████████▀▀       ████
████  ▄▀ ▄██▀▀▀   ▄██      ████
████   ▀▀     ▄▄███▀       ████
████▄                   ▄████
▀█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
SECONDLIVE
CHOOSE LIFE      CHOOSE SPACE      CHOOSE FRIENDS
                           Twitter       Telegram      Medium      YouTube      Discord        TikTok         GitHub               
        ▄▄███████▄▄▄
    ▄▄████████████████▄▄
   ████████████████████▄
  ███████▀▀▀█████████████
 ██████▌     ▀████████████
███████▀ ▀▀▄▄██▀▀▀█████████
██████             ▀███████
██████▄             ███████
 ███████▄▄        ▄███████
  ███████████▄▄▄▄█████████
   ▀███████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀▀
   ██████████████████████
g3raint

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 24, 2013, 02:02:34 AM

The only thing we need is sustenance, and if we cannot grow or harvest or keep cattle etc, then we need a means of exchange.

Whether it be shells, or gold or FIAT or bitcoin.

There are skill aplenty in the people of the world, we need a method to exchange our value Smiley

END OF.

G Smiley

------------------------------------------------------
BTC: 1NTs92VRppSsSeYLAXJtP1SxAzBwYk8JeH
------------------------------------------------------
uMMcQxCWELNzkt

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 24, 2013, 02:02:43 AM

My only interest in currency/money/whatever is to have enough to travel the world. I agree though it is not everything.

Some things that top wealth...
Youth
Love
Spirituality
Art
Health
beetcoin

Activity: 434

View Profile
November 24, 2013, 06:53:30 AM

i'm not really interested in being a big millionaire/billionaire.. i just want enough money to not have to worry about money. money does not create happiness, but it does midwife it.

My only interest in currency/money/whatever is to have enough to travel the world. I agree though it is not everything.

Youth
Love
Spirituality
Art
Health

that's what i'd like to do as well. i'd like to be able to travel, without worries, for 6-12 months and return home with some sort of money to keep myself afloat. i'm pretty far from that point right now tho  Sad

i'd probably spend 3-4 months meditating, and the other 8ish months seeing new things.
Sindelar1938

Activity: 490

View Profile
November 24, 2013, 06:57:55 AM

Let's hope we all get to this point sooner rather than later

Good luck guys!

goxed
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1006

Bitcoin / Crypto mining Hardware.

View Profile
November 24, 2013, 07:18:07 AM

Wait for the next bus patiently and  keep yourself prepared Smiley

Revewing Bitcoin / Crypto mining Hardware.
Branzig

Activity: 316

@WizardOfOre

View Profile WWW
November 24, 2013, 07:20:55 AM

Wait for the next bus patiently and  keep yourself prepared Smiley

Excellent advice.

Thank you very much.

-Branzig.

escrow.ms
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
November 24, 2013, 07:23:34 AM

Money is just money, it does not bring happiness in life, it only makes it more comfortable

That's true but sadly everyone running after money these days..
romerun
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1001

Bitcoin is new, makes sense to hodl.

View Profile
November 24, 2013, 07:24:06 AM

Use it wisely
Martijnvdc

Activity: 322

View Profile
November 24, 2013, 09:12:37 AM

I find it strange how so many people see money as "not the most important thing"...
In THIS society, you are nothing without money... You won't even find love without it.
You can't acquire food, you can't acquire a home, you can't feed a family without a currency.
This society even requires MONEY to have HEALTH in the first place. You guys are all slaves to money and you're all in denial, apparently.
uMMcQxCWELNzkt

Activity: 406

View Profile
November 24, 2013, 11:41:33 AM

I find it strange how so many people see money as "not the most important thing"...
In THIS society, you are nothing without money... You won't even find love without it.
You can't acquire food, you can't acquire a home, you can't feed a family without a currency.
This society even requires MONEY to have HEALTH in the first place. You guys are all slaves to money and you're all in denial, apparently.

You can grow your own food, free health care, I am not sure why money is needed to find love?  Homes are expensive, I guess depending on where you live.

Yes money is necessary to get by in most parts of the world but it is still not the most important thing. You can not just buy health, or buy a soul for that matter. The idea of society is BS to me though, it is a simulation of hyperrealites and signs which is what I am writing my thesis on. Smiley
fred1111

Activity: 160
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 24, 2013, 11:50:19 AM

Once you have money to be considered upper middle class in the country you live in, more money isn't going to make you happier, in some cases, it could make you less happy.
kwest

Activity: 476

View Profile
November 24, 2013, 11:57:27 AM

More money = more freedom = more happiness.

I once thought like OP, that money doesn't make you happy. Well, it does. If you can't imagine what you could do if you had x amount more... well, sir, you lack imagination.

Can you be happy without money? Sure. Could you have been happier with money? Definitely. Could you have accomplished more? Absolutely. Are there more important things than money? Yes, of course. Family, friends, health, entertainment, meaningful goals and activities are all more important.

But with money you can: care better for your family, do more things with your friends, get better healthcare, entertain yourself with things like travel and expensive hobbies (motor sports comes to mind), as well as make a big difference in the world by helping the poor.. and there's a reason we need to help the poor and not the rich: they don't have money.
niktitan132
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 24, 2013, 12:33:33 PM

True story!

atc1

Activity: 308

View Profile
November 24, 2013, 12:36:49 PM

Money by itself cannot bring happiness,but I believe it enables the acquisition of items and experiences that bring comfort. Happiness is a conscious choice you make. Once there is enough comfort to enable living without too many worries,one should be happy. It's greed that makes unhappy,but again it's that very greed that makes the world go round.

blacksails

Activity: 294

View Profile
November 24, 2013, 12:40:52 PM

i'm not really interested in being a big millionaire/billionaire.. i just want enough money to not have to worry about money. money does not create happiness, but it does midwife it.

Youth
Love
Spirituality
Art
Health

that's what i'd like to do as well. i'd like to be able to travel, without worries, for 6-12 months and return home with some sort of money to keep myself afloat. i'm pretty far from that point right now tho  Sad

i'd probably spend 3-4 months meditating, and the other 8ish months seeing new things.
You can travel really cheaply you know? Couchsurf, hitch-hike and eat street food/cook your own food! It doesn't have to be expensive to travel!

I agree with OP. We all can be happy without money. Money is actually a great risk if you want to be happy, because if you have lots of money you get distrustful and therefore you miss out on a lot of things. So no, money is not everything!
I really recommend reading Dalai Lamas book "The Art of Happiness". You'll never look at the world in the same way again after reading it! Smiley
blacksails

Activity: 294

View Profile
November 24, 2013, 01:14:51 PM

Money sets you free. It allows you to spend your time how you wish to spend it. Nothing is more valuable than that.
Yeah, but you could also spend your time however you want without money. It's just a state of mind.
EvilPanda

Activity: 658

Small Red and Bad

View Profile
November 24, 2013, 01:14:53 PM

To those of you who think money isn't everything - sadly it is like 99% of it. With money you can get incredible healthcare, buy organs, have less worries about the future, help your friends and family. I've seen numerous people stuck in a shitty situation with a shitty job they can't quit because they have a sick kid, or a guy dying in gospital because the doctors don't care if you dont have money. In my shitty part of the world a woman giving birth can't get painkillers or a single hospital room if she doesn't pay for it. FU poverty!

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: