Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 01:20:41 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: To people who made, lost or missed the opportunity to make a lot of money  (Read 3032 times)
Kaiji

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

Hoist the Colours

View Profile
November 24, 2013, 01:16:12 PM

If you are not happy with an average amount of wealth millions of dollars won't make you any happier. That is why you see athletes and celebrities taking hard drugs and messing up their lives. Give money to someone who doesn't know real happiness but seeks pride and social acceptance and you will see their lives suffer. You start buying clothes and cars every time you feel down just to get a temporary high while real happiness is more subtle and satisfying. It's also more longer lasting. You have to deal with your issues first before expecting money to solve them for you.

On the other side of the coin only people who had a good amount of money think money isn't important. Tell that to someone who goes hungry everyday or who has to live in an abusive home with no money to escape. For them money is EVERYTHING. It has been said youths who go into gangs and sell drugs do so out of depression. Why else would they join an occupation that almost guarantees a short life or a long prison sentence?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
blacksails

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 24, 2013, 01:23:31 PM

To those of you who think money isn't everything - sadly it is like 99% of it. With money you can get incredible healthcare, buy organs, have less worries about the future, help your friends and family. I've seen numerous people stuck in a shitty situation with a shitty job they can't quit because they have a sick kid, or a guy dying in gospital because the doctors don't care if you dont have money. In my shitty part of the world a woman giving birth can't get painkillers or a single hospital room if she doesn't pay for it. FU poverty!
It's a difference between forced poverty and chosen poverty. Everyone should have the same possibilities in life no matter where you were born, and from there decide where to go in life. To bad that's not how the world is! Sad
uMMcQxCWELNzkt

Activity: 406

View Profile
November 24, 2013, 01:47:55 PM

To say that money is not the most important thing in life does not mean it is not useful or that one should give up any ambitions to earn money. I guess life is probably the most important of all, money is just one aspect of life that helps maintain a living existence. Ultimately everyone should value the idea of life beyond anything else, we are slaves to our own mortality Grin.

Try locking someone in a room with £1000000000 and no access to the outside and that money is useless, the same cant be said for the other "stuff" that we are born with/develop and take for granted.
Martijnvdc

Activity: 322

View Profile
November 24, 2013, 04:28:54 PM

without money all of you would have been dead and buried a long time ago... Without modern medicine you would all be dead already. You wouldn't survive a simple flu.

also, how would you make your own food, when you can't even buy a piece of land to grow it on? The world isn't for free.
Go interview a homeless person and you'll realise how much of a slave to money you are.
I know we all like to think that money is not the most important thing, but it most definetly is.
No healthcare, no health. No money, no food. No money, no roof above your head, no clothes. Good luck finding love when you can't even eat.
To the people who think money is a luxury: you're very much in denial.

However: I would very much prefer a world without money, where resources are distributed to those who need them. I would definetly WORK in such a society. I would work for free.
Sadly, this system wouldn't work simply because this society can't handle such a change. We don't even have the abundance for it either.
eindbaas

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

umad?

View Profile
November 24, 2013, 05:46:44 PM

If no money could bring depression , money can bring happiness.
In my opinion money is hapiness . But its possible that money cant make you happy. Then the problem lay in your hands/brain.
But I agree that money cant give you the same happiness as love.
tsoPANos

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

In math we trust.

View Profile
November 24, 2013, 08:55:45 PM

yeah, but money can make your life easier and happier.
love is much more important though. It can't be bought with money!
2dogs
Legendary

Activity: 1267
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 24, 2013, 09:12:57 PM

Money is just money, it does not bring happiness in life, it only makes it more comfortable

True, that.

But for some of us, it's about the game!
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: