Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 02:08:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Stay away from Coinbase  (Read 16927 times)
CoinGeneral

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

The General

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 10:01:01 PM

This thread is a joke.

You're all idiots.

Coinbase is not a scam because they have anti-Fraud measure. Coinbase is not a scam because they took away your "theoretical" profit. Coinbase is not a scam because you cannot read their terms of service.

You're all mad that you didn't read before you purchased. Did any of you graduate from high school?

Yeah so why the fuck is my sale still bouncing around 6 days later? It should already be in my bank account! I normally wouldn't care much but it's for 40 btc ~ 33k.  Like WTF...

Calm down, if you have thousands of BTC, 40 BTC is basically nothing  Grin

flipcoin

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 01:11:24 AM
Last edit: November 30, 2013, 12:02:39 PM by flipcoin

With so many negative comments on Coinbase (despite the various positive news pieces/recommendations from the internet), surely there must be a close and better contender. I'm still convinced to use an online and offline wallet to make my BTCs more secure after a while. And while Armory strikes me as a good offline wallet, MultiBit and Bitcoin-Qt should be useful alternatives. I'm happy to hear your thoughts on this though as I personally would like to have a safe wallet for my bitcoins.
smpo

Activity: 9

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 01:34:46 AM

Any suggestion for a newbie like me?
I have heard that localbitcoins is good. Any comments on that?
2double0
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 1105

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 01:55:23 AM

What should I use? Mt gox or camp bx?
2double0
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 1105

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 02:00:15 AM

Any suggestion for a newbie like me?
I have heard that localbitcoins is good. Any comments on that?

I heard localbitcoins is really good too!
max.

Activity: 58

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 02:02:38 AM

The more I search about bitcoin exchanges and websites related to bitcoin the more I find that all is a scam.

Could this be the scam of the century?
miken123

Activity: 35

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 02:27:10 AM

I sold a few last night on Coinbase.  
It says it would take 2 business days to deposit the money - so their estimate is on Monday.
I'll let you know if it goes as smoothly as they say it should - so far so good.

Still waiting on the bank deposit.... Coin base says by 11:xx PM it should be there...  Sure hope so.

Edit for typo
BitcoinWalker

Activity: 127
Merit: 100

$Gangnam works hard, so you don't have to.

View Profile WWW
December 03, 2013, 02:36:46 AM

It says it would take 2 business days to deposit the money - so their estimate is on Monday.
I'll let you know if it goes as smoothly as they say it should - so far so good.

Still waiting on the bank deposit.... Coin base says by 11:xx PM it should be there...  Sure hope so.

Edit for typo

11 something PM is pretty much a nonsense. Banks are closed by 5 PM and usually anything arriving after 3 PM will not be processed until the next day.

Investing with style!

beetcoin

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 02:51:55 AM

my btc should be coming within 30 minutes now.. i bought on the 23rd and it still hasn't arrived yet due to the holidays. hopefully it comes in today. i hope my transaction move a lot quicker after this one.
trny

Activity: 48

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 03:06:48 AM

To be honest, Coinbase has by far been the best method I've ever used to acquire BTC. Granted, I went through all the verifications and got Tier II about a month ago. I haven't really used it since horror stories started appearing, but I'm quite sure I can still buy instantly with no issue. It's unfortunate that OP and others got caught up in the unethical transaction reversals.
ldh37

Activity: 116
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 03:24:04 AM

I just signed up with Coinbase last Friday and the bank verify deposits completed yesterday.  I only created an account to sell some of the btc I've mined.  I've read several horror stories but, it seems like every exchange out there has plenty of them.  Since I went to the trouble to create the account and get level II verified I think I'll go ahead and try to sell a small amount and see what happens.  I will post the results.

I sold BTC0.05 thanksgiving night.  Coinbase said my money would hit my bank account on 12/04.  I still have cautious optimism that the transaction will complete successfully however, I will wait for it before selling any more btc.  Will post an update after 12/04.

Donations Welcome - BTC: 1JUyXPSLgCtmp65LBJjN5MTFRQjWPhxExM
COINBASE - Buy/Sell BTC
DCRnerd

Activity: 10

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 03:25:51 AM

I have used Coinbase to buy since March and I have had no problems. MMV
beetcoin

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 03:52:42 AM

welp, finally received my coins about 9 days after making my order; it was delivered at the scheduled time. kind of a pain waiting that long, but i hope future purchases don't take as long.
cerulean

Activity: 9

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 04:24:08 AM

I thought Coinbase is a nice one but after reading these feedbacks, I had a change of mind. I do hope though that these feedbacks will change their services to their clients.
Tweeter514

Activity: 2

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 05:05:21 AM

I'll add my name to the list of people of who have been happy with Coinbase.
I had to wait out the transaction times, but since there really aren't many options in the US, I'm not complaining.

Yes, their prices suck. Yes, if your a newb and want to signup and buy bitcoins RIGHT NOW, you're going to have to wait.

However, for me, they have been upfront about their policies, and have lived up to what they said they would do. YMMV
miken123

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 05:19:17 AM

Edit for typo

We'll 11:54pm came and went. Bank shows no deposits.
Coinbase no longer says the part about "should arrive before 11:54 pm on Dec. 2". Instead there's no such estimate and otherwise the details page shows the same as before (deposit portion claimed to still be 'pending').

Not impressed. Perhaps tomorrow it'll come...
nahtnam
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

nahtnam.com

View Profile WWW
December 03, 2013, 05:31:42 AM

PM "Olaf (Coinbase)" and tell him your story. He will probably give you the bitcoins at the original price you bought at.

beetcoin

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 05:32:33 AM

been looking for this information.. but does anyone know if it will still take me 4 days to receive my funds (the ACH payment to clear) now that i'm a level 1 and have done a transaction?
miken123

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 05:40:41 AM

been looking for this information.. but does anyone know if it will still take me 4 days to receive my funds (the ACH payment to clear) now that i'm a level 1 and have done a transaction?

Yes it will. I've done 4 purchases (I'm a level 1 verified) and still the wait time on purchases coins.
nahtnam
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

nahtnam.com

View Profile WWW
December 03, 2013, 05:52:53 AM

Yes it will. I've done 4 purchases (I'm a level 1 verified) and still the wait time on purchases coins.

Ya, you need level 3 to be able to buy and sell instantly...

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: