Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 07:40:15 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Stay away from Coinbase  (Read 16927 times)
vabtcinvestor

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 11:50:03 AM

I used them a few times a long time ago and all was fine.. i don't really have the stomach to buy coins on them right now though because of being trapped for 4 days with the coin price locked in.  Fine if the price goes up, but could be catastrophic if there was a sudden drop of a few hundred $.
miken123

Activity: 35

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 01:14:06 PM

We'll 11:54pm came and went. Bank shows no deposits.
Coinbase no longer says the part about "should arrive before 11:54 pm on Dec. 2". Instead there's no such estimate and otherwise the details page shows the same as before (deposit portion claimed to still be 'pending').

Not impressed. Perhaps tomorrow it'll come...

I decided to send an e-mail to Coinbase support this morning and within 3 minutes I had an e-mail response from them! (I was pleased.)

The support guy claims they have done all on their end and it's a case of waiting for my bank to clear the transfer. 

I appreciate his quick response..  Do I believe him that it's all on my bank... well I don't know.. but I'll see what shows up by the end of the day.
miken123

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 05:39:42 PM

We'll 11:54pm came and went. Bank shows no deposits.
Coinbase no longer says the part about "should arrive before 11:54 pm on Dec. 2". Instead there's no such estimate and otherwise the details page shows the same as before (deposit portion claimed to still be 'pending').

Not impressed. Perhaps tomorrow it'll come...

I decided to send an e-mail to Coinbase support this morning and within 3 minutes I had an e-mail response from them! (I was pleased.)

The support guy claims they have done all on their end and it's a case of waiting for my bank to clear the transfer. 

I appreciate his quick response..  Do I believe him that it's all on my bank... well I don't know.. but I'll see what shows up by the end of the day.

Sure enough the money appeared in my bank account between 9/10 am this morning (EST).  A half day later than they claimed but all in all not too bad.  I'll give them the benefit of the doubt since there was a holiday since I ordered.

Overall I'm happy enough with coinbase that I'll do business with them again.
israelazo

Activity: 64
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 05:45:18 PM

i've spent like two hours clicking stuff to get some btc on coinbase, i hope they send them to me!

YinCoin YangCoin ☯☯First Ever POS/POW Alternator! Multipool! ☯ ☯ http://yinyangpool.com/ 
Free Distribution! https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=623937
Bwincoin - 100% Free POS. BL32znRpFMcH62L19V8WR8uvEad2DiDFhk
TheJacob

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 06:06:37 PM

I've got a pending transaction for a small amount. If it goes through should I just avoid coinbase until my account is level 2 for instant transactions?

This whole setup is pretty infuriating. I get that they have to protect against fraud, but they should let you deposit funds to the site, wait the 5 days, and then buy/sell at market rates with the funds you deposited. Instead you have to buy, wait 5 days, and have no idea if the price will tank or they will cancel the transaction.

If you want to wait to verify the funds are legitimate then let me deposit them and buy after they are verified.
Dkulak

Activity: 38

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 06:24:29 PM

I'm new to if you guys have any tips on investing in the new coins coming out or transferring them let me know.
ptjames

Activity: 22

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 06:56:04 PM

So the process of buying through coinbase is a little slow, sure, but they're legit and I've had no problems with them.
Kungfucheez

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 07:02:32 PM

Well I opened up an account with them recently, but since I'm a newb to this whole crypto currency trading, I haven't bothered putting any money in it yet, and I'm not sure I will. At most I would probably just put a few bucks in to test things out, that way if you lose it, or they charge an arm and a leg, it's no big loss
malaimult

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 07:03:01 PM

I'm new to if you guys have any tips on investing in the new coins coming out or transferring them let me know.

i think i'm the oldest member of coinbase from here. I bought from them btc worth 55k when the price was around $200. Never had any problems at all, no delays no canceled transactions etc. (i was ready to think this guys are the best out there) until last month when i bought 40 btc @ a very low price and they cancel my order in the last minute they had to clear my btc.

from now on all my transactions are flagged as high risk, customer support has the standard answers, give all the unnecessary answers like, erase cookies use one account, buy after 2 weeks etc.

I'm not saying i had a very bad experience with them, but when the shit hit the fan they are lost. They have huge holes in helping customers.

And for those who wrote here that you never had any bad experience with them there is something you didn't take in consideration. the word YET

all good things comes to an end.

Happy bitcoin Smiley

2RoyalSox

Activity: 20

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 07:17:41 PM

How fast is coinbase to withdraw BTC into USD to my bank account?
miken123

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 08:08:05 PM

I sold on Tuesday night last week and they claimed I'd get them in 2 business days (which due to Thanksgiving would be Wednesday and Friday of that week).  They even claimed a date of Dec. 2nd and a time.

I ended up seeing the money appear in the bank on Dec 3rd in the morning.  They claimed the slow down was partially due to my bank's own processing of the transfer (can't confirm or deny this) which may have been made worse by the holiday week.
nahtnam
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

nahtnam.com

View Profile WWW
December 03, 2013, 11:24:36 PM

i've spent like two hours clicking stuff to get some btc on coinbase, i hope they send them to me!

This has nothing to do with coinbase themselves... It all depends if the site you were "clicking" on really sends the money...

nahtnam
Legendary

nahtnam.com

View Profile WWW
December 03, 2013, 11:26:32 PM

I sold on Tuesday night last week and they claimed I'd get them in 2 business days (which due to Thanksgiving would be Wednesday and Friday of that week).  They even claimed a date of Dec. 2nd and a time.

I ended up seeing the money appear in the bank on Dec 3rd in the morning.  They claimed the slow down was partially due to my bank's own processing of the transfer (can't confirm or deny this) which may have been made worse by the holiday week.

For me it took 3 days and was sent the day they said it would. The only thibg was that it was about and hour late but that's fine... Smiley

malaimult

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 11:31:41 PM

how is coinbase doing now? still canceling orders?

nahtnam
Legendary

nahtnam.com

View Profile WWW
December 03, 2013, 11:34:07 PM

how is coinbase doing now? still canceling orders?

For me it cancelled the first two. Luckily I bought it when it was 120 and it dropped to 110 by the third purchase...

wolfeen

Activity: 14

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 11:35:13 PM

I have no problem with this work, and I'm still waiting. In October I wanted to Encourage them (some people just asking the same questions I do not answer my emails.).

Represent Bar and in the process I Learned a lot in the beginning, I must be patient, because I'm sure it will be a pressure on the business cash VC.
malaimult

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 11:35:33 PM

so they cancel your orders and now you bought again and it worked?

nahtnam
Legendary

nahtnam.com

View Profile WWW
December 03, 2013, 11:38:17 PM

so they cancel your orders and now you bought again and it worked?

This was about half a year ago... If your order get canceled try buying again if the price drops. If the price increases contact coinbase and tell them that your order got canceled and you want to buy at the same price... Wink

malaimult

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 11:44:02 PM

yea i know the scheme... the problem is they have many demands now and since your message is read by one of the staff members will take a long time.

nahtnam
Legendary

nahtnam.com

View Profile WWW
December 03, 2013, 11:47:52 PM

yea i know the scheme... the problem is they have many demands now and since your message is read by one of the staff members will take a long time.

I'm sure they have thought of this scheme even before reading my post... As far as buying, I don't buy btc. I only earn it...

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: