Bitcoin Forum
June 29, 2024, 09:03:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Stay away from Coinbase  (Read 16928 times)
acheos12345

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 08, 2013, 10:29:22 PM

I haven't had any problems with coinbase.  They do have long transaction times at the beginning, but it is a scaling system, much like having to post/wait here.
JBardey

Activity: 26

View Profile
December 08, 2013, 10:41:10 PM

I think best is still bitstamp

Well.... BTC-e is cheap and has been reliable so far.

Probably go with BTC-e too. They don't always have the greatest of rates but getting money into and out of the exchange has always been speedy and hassle-free (EUR, BTC, FTC and LTC deposits/withdraws so far).

They support a lot of external providers and the btc-e e-code things seem to be accepted by places.
nahtnam
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

nahtnam.com

View Profile WWW
December 08, 2013, 10:44:49 PM

Probably go with BTC-e too. They don't always have the greatest of rates but getting money into and out of the exchange has always been speedy and hassle-free (EUR, BTC, FTC and LTC deposits/withdraws so far).

They support a lot of external providers and the btc-e e-code things seem to be accepted by places.

What do you mean cheap? They should be roughly the same price, otherwise you can buy on btc-e and sell on bitstamp.

CoinGeneral

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

The General

View Profile
December 08, 2013, 10:51:35 PM

What do you mean cheap? They should be roughly the same price, otherwise you can buy on btc-e and sell on bitstamp.

BTC-e is basically almost $100 to $200 and sometimes even more cheaper. Only in the USD/coin ratio though. If you are doing coin/coin, then the ratio is about the same as if BTC was valued at $1000.

The reason for the very cheap $$ prices is because it is nearly impossible to deposit any money there, so people are comfortable selling it for a cheap price. So they can get some cheap $$, and use that small amount of $$ already deposited to perhaps profit in the future.

aj85

Activity: 1

View Profile
December 08, 2013, 10:52:35 PM

I was waiting on a deposit couple weeks ago when it never showed up o began to worry . It turns out they ran out of money . Didn't even bother sending me an email had to find it out online.

nahtnam
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

nahtnam.com

View Profile WWW
December 08, 2013, 10:52:56 PM

BTC-e is basically almost $100 to $200 and sometimes even more cheaper. Only in the USD/coin ratio though. If you are doing coin/coin, then the ratio is about the same as if BTC was valued at $1000.

The reason for the very cheap $$ prices is because it is nearly impossible to deposit any money there, so people are comfortable selling it for a cheap price. So they can get some cheap $$, and use that small amount of $$ already deposited to perhaps profit in the future.

So your saying that I can still buy BTC for $200?

beetcoin

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 06:19:23 AM

So your saying that I can still buy BTC for $200?

he probably means cheaper than other exchanges. it's quite amazing how the rates are so close now.. $850-$870 between btc-e, mtgox, and bitstamp.
SouthernTiger

Activity: 56

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 06:46:31 AM

last tonight i saw that price is $737 now the price is $866. so, now the price increase?
CoinGeneral

Activity: 182

The General

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 08:31:29 AM

last tonight i saw that price is $737 now the price is $866. so, now the price increase?

No it obviously decreased  Roll Eyes

/sarcasm

ShameOnYou

Activity: 238

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 08:55:07 AM

i agree generally, i would stay away from coinbase. good luck out there!
SouthernTiger

Activity: 56

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 11:01:53 AM

No it obviously decreased  Roll Eyes

/sarcasm
why?
MetalGuy

Activity: 6

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 06:19:33 PM

Is there any online wallets that doesn't need JS to be turned on?
insertcoolusername

Activity: 42

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 06:21:06 PM

You lose the internet.
cryptocap

Activity: 37

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 06:25:23 PM

If anybody does not want to bother with Coinbase or any exchanges and would like to purchase btc quickly and at a fair rate, PM me or email me at info@cryptocap.com. I'll be glad to help and can provide btc at affair rate and quick turnaround time.
Thanks.
insertcoolusername

Activity: 42

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 06:27:27 PM

If anybody does not want to bother with Coinbase or any exchanges and would like to purchase btc quickly and at a fair rate, PM me or email me at info@cryptocap.com. I'll be glad to help and can provide btc at affair rate and quick turnaround time.
Thanks.

Use escrow with this guy, or lose your money.  Warned
joshraban76

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 06:32:59 PM

coinbase screwed me on a buy when price went up and didnt screw me on a buy when price went down, hmmmmm

\   \  \ \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\◥◣◢◤//////////////// /  /   /
Win88.me ❖ Fair, Trusted Online BTC Gambling ❖
/   /  / ////////////////◢◤◥◣\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ \  \   \
chrisrx

Activity: 1

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 06:36:09 PM

I have used coinbase twice with no problems.  It just takes a few days to get your btc.  Set up an account straight from my bank account.  The few days can be nerve racketing in that the price may change by a lot.

Thanks
hashturbator

Activity: 28

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 07:02:27 PM

I've only had positive experiences with Coinbase. It can be a little annoying waiting for coin to be delivered after placing the order, but they have come through every time for me so far. However, I had just made a few purchases when BTC briefly fell to ~$550 and am waiting until Friday of this week for delivery -we'll see how it goes now as price has risen considerably since. They've also raised my buy/sell limits from 10 to 50 a day; so I've been a happy customer and plan to continue business with them, as long as they fulfill my recent order, of course.
frdeswa

Activity: 3

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 07:33:24 PM

hello
i use virtex to get my coins...
have had no problems....
malaimult

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 09:28:52 PM

coinbase screwed me on a buy when price went up and didnt screw me on a buy when price went down, hmmmmm

can you tell us when that happened?? and was you account flagged as high risk?

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: