Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 05:55:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Boscombe Pierlytics  (Read 7556 times)
strmir

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 08:11:57 AM

Did anyone succeed in contacting the guys whose photos were on Boscombe website?

I'm asking because the photos had been taken down.
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
descarte

Activity: 195
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 10:39:37 AM

when i search for "Boscombe Pierlytics", this thread comes up first rather than their official website. This is good for newbies as they can read the review first before going to their site.
bitkoof

Activity: 68
Merit: 10

CoinDesker

View Profile WWW
December 20, 2013, 06:40:16 PM

They sent another PR Article today!

Thursday 19th of December 2013

Boscombe Pierlytics announces that the first batch of Boscombe Miner Thunderstorm 1000 at 1 TH/S and Boscombe Miner Firestorm 2000 at 2 TH/S shipping end January 2014 already sold out.

Boscombe Pierlytics expect that the second batch of Boscombe Miner Thunderstorm 1000 at 1 TH/S, Boscombe Miner Firestorm 2000 at 2 TH/S and Boscombe Miner Hurricane 3000 at 3 TH/S shipping in middle/end of February 2014 will sell out very quickly.
The product range of the ASIC Bitcoin mining hardware from Boscombe Pierlytics are available in 3 different units. The range of all Boscombe Miners, Boscombe Miner Thunderstorm 1000 at 1 TH/S, Boscombe Miner Firestorm 2000 at 2 TH/S, Boscombe Miner Hurricane 3000 at 3 TH/S are using a newly developed ASIC chip especially designed for Bitcoin mining which gives more power with improved efficiency reducing the amount of watts required to power the unit. At today's Bitcoin price and network hashing rate, Boscombe Miner Thunderstorm 1000 would return $13140 in just 20 days, Boscombe Miner Firestorm 2000 would return $26300 in just 20 days and Boscombe Miner Hurricane 3000 would return $39440 in just 20 days.

About Boscombe Pierlytics:
Boscombe Pierlytics are Bitcoin mining hardware manufacturers, their range of Bitcoin mining hardware from 1 TH/S to 3 TH/S. They also work on developing a new Litecoin mining device which will come soon. For further information, you can find Boscombe Miner at: https://boscombe-miner.com

Be vigilant folks. Good work by the forum members here.

Make sure you send any concerns to your bitcoin news sites ASAP when these issues are found.

tribalmind

Activity: 9

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 06:10:22 PM

I've ordered after I saw this on BitCoin Magazine:

http://bitcoinmagazine.com/8890/new-bitcoin-asic-miner-technology-1-ths-2-ths-3-ths-for-the-bitcoin-mining-market-from-boscombe-pierlytics-now-open-for-pre-order/

And I paid via Bank Transfer. So far it all seems legit, I can login into my account on their site and see my order, got confirmation emails, etc...

Keeping fingers crossed, after reading this thread I'm a bit worried, but I guess it's normal to be wary of a new manufacturer anyway.
Did anyone trust CoinTerra when they first announced? Or BitMine or KNCMiner and the rest...

Has anyone else ordered?

Please tell me you are joking!  Did you read this thread before ordering?  This is a "probable scam".
The Scam List

No I didn't read this hence why now I'm worried. But why would BitCoin Magazine talk so securely about?

Because apparently, Ruben Alexander (the author of the article) is a lazy SOB and simply posted a Press Release directly from Boscombe and claimed it was an "article" that he wrote.  He should be fired immediately.

hey Ruben here. This was a press release handed to me by someone who had too much on their plate. Press releases are simply a company announcing something they are offering or planning to offer. It isn't an in depth review and no research has been done especially when the product can't be reviewed (prerelease) and being made for the first time. The moment someone from the community said the company was a scam I took the article down immediately.

In general, and as a miner, I would never buy a miner based on seeing a press release, advertisement, or review. I've taken the risk with a couple mining companies and have had mixed experiences (super late BFL deliveries + very good KNCminer experiences), but in every case (except with ASICMINER) all miners sent to me were late and a schedule slip in mining always means lost money due to difficulty increases. I have never had the misfortune of ordering product from a company that has gone bankrupt, but this is the risk you face with mining companies selling you product that doesn't exist.

There's still no excuse for not checking the background on this company in advance, so I apologize and will make an effort to look into companies requesting press releases in the future. I'll check the scam list xstr8guy has made if the situation comes up again.

Bitcoin Mag is chock full with intelligent writers, proofreaders, and editors and the reviews and discussions that go on with our articles is inspiring. Every one at Bitcoin Mag is passionate about what they do and truly want every Bitcoin owner to be informed with all that goes on related to digital currencies. I do try to uphold this standard for my peers and for my community with my articles + I hope you understand the context of this slip up and accept my apology.

Appreciate the apology Ruben, and as I mentioned in the comment I tried to leave on the article you posted on Bitcoin Mag I nearly lost ~ $6000. If it wasn't for the guys on this thread and waited a few hours longer they would have had my money. Again thanks to those who sniffed the scam. It cost me about $100 between premium rate phone calls and cancellation fees to my bank to revert the payment I've made.

I've been reading your Mag since it came out more or less and always found it a trustful source of info, that's where I learned about Cointerra, KNC, BlackArrow, etc. But after this I will have to re-think my opinion and hope in the future the whole editorial team would double check press releases before so confidently posting such announcements. The article even had a description of the company and the team and read something like "they have just opened their store but will be delivering in January because production is already underway." I drunk it like water! My fault. I believe your blog is read by quite a few people and I have it in my rss feeds so I look at it daily. I hope I was the only idiot (feel like such a noob) to have based my judgment on your article and impulsively ordered.

No bad feelings, it's clearly my mistake not to have done my own research in the first place but hopefully a good example to others who may jump to ordering a miner based on an article they read online!  Undecided

You are totally right. I shared this thread with the lead editor and we will be doing more checks with companies requesting press releases + asking for adspace. As Bitcoin users start to increase in number, it makes sense there will be more rotten apple businesses trying to scam people.

Don't feel like you are the only one to jump into something prematurely. I've done it and had to learn the hard way. This is why scam lists and these sorts of discussions are important to help folks think and double check things with a trusted community first.

To Reuben Alexander: know and acknowledge that you are or at least were an active part of this scam if it turns out to be that, it was good of you to have identified your mistake and took down that article but honestly, that is as half baked a reaction as was posting it to bitcoin magazine in the first place, the fact is that you throu bitcoin magazine (a trusted source by the community) endorsed this PR, this was not you buying their stuff.

this product only seemed attractive because it was published on bitcoin magazine as i recall it there was no indication that it was posted by a bot

Its with great shame that i acknowledge that i too am a part of this scam because when this PR was posted in the Bitcoin magazine y shared it with someone dear to me who thru listening to my enthusiasm for 2+ years and started asking me for a good mining rig to buy & had been telling them that it seemed to late for the available batches and that he would be better buying bitcoins directly.

He Acted... with a wire transfer... Too late to cancel

know it appears by the info on this thread that he is down some USD$3,600 Do i feel responsible? hell yeah, ABSOLUTELY YES. what is there for me to do? pay him some part of the money that was lost... (any adult giving, transferring, etc.. money its responsible for what they do)

What can you do? it would be nice of you to prove that you were not involved with this people, sadly that is almost impossible

I think you should use your time and effort to investigate whether this is a scam without any doubts, and any individuals involved.
and help bring them to light.

Do some follow up articles in the Bitcoin Magazine and help those that are being seemingly scammed join to consider action

As for your lead editor i think he left you easy with a "do better in the future" because this kind of slip (Zero Check, trusted outlet) in this environment (Sold out batches, prolonged ship dates, burgoing exchange rates) its at least naive and down right suspicious. if you can just apologize what stops you from doing it (if not again) in the future...

so if you ARE sorry dont tell me... SHOW US.

to coin@coin, easy for you to think an apology is sufficient. good for you that you could cancel the deposit. congrats.
gwlloyd

Activity: 50

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 06:26:23 PM

The coins are on the move https://blockchain.info/address/1KvZTJsstRnLi1VirARGfV2BEF2hepCe9C
blacklig

Activity: 504
Merit: 251

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 11:15:36 AM

Grin Grin Grin
msc_de

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 02:54:09 AM

I've ordered after I saw this on BitCoin Magazine:

http://bitcoinmagazine.com/8890/new-bitcoin-asic-miner-technology-1-ths-2-ths-3-ths-for-the-bitcoin-mining-market-from-boscombe-pierlytics-now-open-for-pre-order/

And I paid via Bank Transfer. So far it all seems legit, I can login into my account on their site and see my order, got confirmation emails, etc...

Keeping fingers crossed, after reading this thread I'm a bit worried, but I guess it's normal to be wary of a new manufacturer anyway.
Did anyone trust CoinTerra when they first announced? Or BitMine or KNCMiner and the rest...

Has anyone else ordered?

Please tell me you are joking!  Did you read this thread before ordering?  This is a "probable scam".
The Scam List

No I didn't read this hence why now I'm worried. But why would BitCoin Magazine talk so securely about?

Because apparently, Ruben Alexander (the author of the article) is a lazy SOB and simply posted a Press Release directly from Boscombe and claimed it was an "article" that he wrote.  He should be fired immediately.

i believe the bitcoin magazine, after reading the article, i paid them money.

maybe time to kill them to hell !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
msc_de

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 02:55:24 AM

fuck Boscombe Pierlytics to hell
gwlloyd

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 01:21:26 PM

fuck Boscombe Pierlytics to hell

And Bitcoin Magazine.. I refuse to look at the bitcoinmagazine website or buy their magazine now. There's no excuse for what they did and all they've done is swept it under the carpet. It almost smells like a certain "reporter" got paid for this... they've lost all trust from me anyway and why read news from a source you can't trust at all?
FCTaiChi (OP)

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

decentralizedhashing.com

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2014, 03:41:17 PM

And Bitcoin Magazine.. I refuse to look at the bitcoinmagazine website or buy their magazine now. There's no excuse for what they did and all they've done is swept it under the carpet. It almost smells like a certain "reporter" got paid for this... they've lost all trust from me anyway and why read news from a source you can't trust at all?

Most likely they didn't get paid.  The scammers scoured bitcoin news sources, found everyone who normally reports on new equipment, and sent an announcement letter to everyone they found.  Just looking at the letter and website it was fairly convincing if people weren't being discerning. 
Of course this is no excuse for posting information to the readers who trust you.  There should have been more investigation.  Of course I love breaking new stories, and being the first to do it.  Gets you a lot of hits and new subscribers..  but it's just too dangerous to push a story like this without looking into it.

Mining Equipment Comparison Table                               Bitcoin News                             1nKAizrhGzvLfWBVfX8fGLAs6kxKV7aXM
gwlloyd

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 09:38:10 PM

Most likely they didn't get paid.  The scammers scoured bitcoin news sources, found everyone who normally reports on new equipment, and sent an announcement letter to everyone they found.  Just looking at the letter and website it was fairly convincing if people weren't being discerning. 
Of course this is no excuse for posting information to the readers who trust you.  There should have been more investigation.  Of course I love breaking new stories, and being the first to do it.  Gets you a lot of hits and new subscribers..  but it's just too dangerous to push a story like this without looking into it.

I probably was being a bit hot-headed with the conspiracy stuff. I was (and still to some extent am) angry because I suspect the only check this guy did was Google it, saw other news sites posting it and followed suit. That's unacceptable. Anyone can do that - using automation - decent publications can't and wont use automated news because this will happen. Therefore this guy's reporting is no better than just creating articles straight from CoinDesk's RSS feed with a bit of coding - in fact worse - at least CoinDesk will have checked it out in some manner. Bah, what's done is done, just feeling the need to vent lately.
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: