Bitcoin Forum
July 02, 2024, 05:39:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Simple question on cryptsy  (Read 8498 times)
ohiofarmer (OP)

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
November 24, 2013, 05:17:32 AM

I just created an account on cryptsy, but I'm not sure how to make a deposit there. Does anyone have any idea? Do I just send btc from my digital wallet to the "40-character trade key" that I can see in my cryptsy account? Thanks!

Telosaur

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 24, 2013, 08:07:40 AM

Hey there,

Head into 'Account' at the top of the page and select 'account balances'. Then it should bring up a table with all the currencies - find the currency you want to deposit and on the right hand side of the table you should see an 'X actions' tab. Click on Deposit/Autosell and it'll bring up a dialogue box. Generate a new address and then send your coins to that address. As a precaution, I always send a small amount first to make sure it goes in properly. It may take a small while for the account to register a transaction so don't freak out if it immediately doesn't show up in the 'pending transactions' box.

That should do it!  Cheesy
i3lome

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 24, 2013, 10:58:44 AM

Hey there,

Head into 'Account' at the top of the page and select 'account balances'. Then it should bring up a table with all the currencies - find the currency you want to deposit and on the right hand side of the table you should see an 'X actions' tab. Click on Deposit/Autosell and it'll bring up a dialogue box. Generate a new address and then send your coins to that address. As a precaution, I always send a small amount first to make sure it goes in properly. It may take a small while for the account to register a transaction so don't freak out if it immediately doesn't show up in the 'pending transactions' box.

That should do it!  Cheesy
+1
nexern

Activity: 597
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 24, 2013, 06:17:45 PM

+1
MAbtc

Activity: 826
Merit: 508

View Profile
November 24, 2013, 07:04:06 PM

The trade key is for account-to-account transfers. (e.g. User 1 sends funds to User 2's trade key)
ohiofarmer (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 25, 2013, 02:49:28 AM

Thanks all!! That worked for me. Anyone know how long it takes for your balance to move from pending to available?

Ganefull

Activity: 84

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 03:25:44 AM

Thanks all!! That worked for me. Anyone know how long it takes for your balance to move from pending to available?

on the end of the balances page there is a line which shows you number of confirmations.

...if this post was helpful, i appreciate your donation.BTC: 14FsFhgMyFztgnbCuNAnh3ubPhoY1jGu3b RDD: Raz5zgyvDHcUC9s1KBBxHuuM3Q9etu43oA
ohiofarmer (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 25, 2013, 04:45:54 AM

on the end of the balances page there is a line which shows you number of confirmations.

Thanks! How many confirmations do you need for the transaction to clear? I'm showing 5 right now...

shonca

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 03:16:40 AM

I'm also showing 5 confirmations (took 30 minutes from BTC deposit).

How long until the account is credited on Crypsty?
ohiofarmer (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 30, 2013, 03:30:24 AM

I'm also showing 5 confirmations (took 30 minutes from BTC deposit).

How long until the account is credited on Crypsty?

I've had it take up to two hours before...

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: