Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 11:19:05 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: When will Visa/Paypal/American Express/etc group together..  (Read 849 times)
beetcoin (OP)

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 24, 2013, 06:10:12 AM

and start lobbying/buying congress out to stop the development of BTC? It seems like there isn't that much interest right now, but if BTC gains traction with a few of the larger retailers.. wouldn't this happen?

They charge quite a bit for transaction fees.. something like 2%-3% on average, right?
Sindelar1938

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 24, 2013, 06:33:06 AM

PayPal is at 2.9% for us, more for international

Question is whether the btc genie can be fit back into the bottle now, lobbying or not

NUFCrichard
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003

View Profile
November 24, 2013, 02:36:29 PM

PayPal is at 2.9% for us, more for international

Question is whether the btc genie can be fit back into the bottle now, lobbying or not
It hasn't been generally accepted so it could easily be stopped. It can at least be returned to just being used by a small libertarian group again, with a price of around $1.
blacksails

Activity: 294

View Profile
November 24, 2013, 02:38:09 PM

When bitcoin gets more widely adopted and they realize it's a serious threat then they'll start fighting it.
First they ignore you. <-We are somewhere
Then they laugh at you. <-around here
Then they fight you.
Then you win.
beetcoin (OP)

View Profile
November 24, 2013, 06:17:30 PM

with BTC's recent price hike and the positive senate hearing, i think BTC is probably on their radar now... and i think they might form something like the RIAA.

i think when that point comes, the BTC community will band together and they wouldn't be very successful though.
pedrog
Legendary

Activity: 2786
Merit: 1031

View Profile
November 24, 2013, 09:44:39 PM

That worked well for RIAA and MPAA.

Hawker
Legendary

Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 24, 2013, 09:59:39 PM

When bitcoin gets more widely adopted and they realize it's a serious threat then they'll start fighting it.
Then they fight you.
Then you win.

I've never got why Ghandi saying that is considered so wise.  He was just fortunate to live under British rule.  His equivalents in the Russian and German colonies said "First they kill you and all your family..."
Wipeout2097

Activity: 840
Merit: 255

SportsIcon - Connect With Your Sports Heroes

View Profile
November 24, 2013, 11:48:11 PM

I've never got why Ghandi saying that is considered so wise.  He was just fortunate to live under British rule.  His equivalents in the Russian and German colonies said "First they kill you and all your family..."
lol! Seriously. You have no idea the kind of whitewashing that exists in history.

███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██▀       ▀█       ▀████████████        ▀█         █▀       ▀██
██   ▀██▄▄▄█   ██   ████████████   ███   ████   ████   ▀██▄▄▄██
███▄     ▀██       ▄████████████       ▄█████   █████▄     ▀███
██▀▀▀██▄   █   █████████████████   █▄  ▀█████   ████▀▀▀██▄   ██
██▄       ▄█   █████████████████   ██▄  ▀████   ████▄       ▄██
██       ██▀      ▀█████████████    ▀██   █████████████████████
████   ███   ▄██▄   ████████████     ▀█   █████████████████████
████   ███   ████████   ████   █   ▄  ▀   █████████████████████
████   ███   ▀██▀   █   ████   █   █▄     █████████████████████
██       ██▄      ▄███        ██   ██▄    █████████████████████
██████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████                                                             ████████████████████████████████████████████████

████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████          ████████████████                                 ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████████
███████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████
███████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████
►►  Powered by
BOUNTY
DETECTIVE
blacksails

Activity: 294

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 09:03:48 AM

Then they fight you.
Then you win.

The brits were not saints either. They have murdered their fair square to.
Ekaros

Activity: 728

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 09:20:53 AM

Then they fight you.
Then you win.

Hmm, looks good for the radical Islamist...

My viewpoint is that it's not just Visa etc.
It's also Amazon, Walmart etc. etc.

12pA5nZB5AoXZaaEeoxh5bNqUGXwUUp3Uv
http://firstbits.com/1qdiz
Feel free to help poor student!
Hawker
Legendary

Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 09:48:34 AM

Then they fight you.
Then you win.

The brits were not saints either. They have murdered their fair square to.

Oh I agree.  There is no way to have an empire with invading places and killing lots of people.  But comparatively speaking, Ghandi was lucky.  In a German or Russian colony, he would not even have registered as a footnote in history.
Kiki112

Activity: 196
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 02:06:07 PM

never, there is no reason for them to group together, even if they did a new agency would come back up because they would have a monopol and raise the prices making the business more profitable and attracting other investors to create a new company which makes my answer nah, it ain't gonna happen Wink

howzar

Activity: 574

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 02:38:08 PM

They might later have a war against bitcoin's which is already growing rapidly and eating from there market,BTC amount already passed WU in amount of money exchanged daily (almost continuously in the last period) and even AMEX in the day of the 1xx millions dollars Bitcoin payment.
Kiki112

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 06:24:19 PM

They might later have a war against bitcoin's which is already growing rapidly and eating from there market,BTC amount already passed WU in amount of money exchanged daily (almost continuously in the last period) and even AMEX in the day of the 1xx millions dollars Bitcoin payment.

where did you get that info?
it sounds a little bit too good to be true, I mean bitcoin  is great and all but more then Western Union? Cheesy
I'm not so sure  Grin

beetcoin (OP)

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 07:05:49 PM

Then they fight you.
Then you win.

what, why would retailers have a problem with this? if they accept bitcoins, it means they don't have to pay the CC/middlemen that 2%-3%.. if they make that much more money, their stock prices would soar due to the volume of business they do.

never, there is no reason for them to group together, even if they did a new agency would come back up because they would have a monopol and raise the prices making the business more profitable and attracting other investors to create a new company which makes my answer nah, it ain't gonna happen Wink

what world do you live in? they charge retailers 2%-3%.. if those retailers were to abandon them, and begin using BTC, they would lose A LOT of money.
Kiki112

View Profile
November 26, 2013, 05:00:32 PM

Then they fight you.
Then you win.

what, why would retailers have a problem with this? if they accept bitcoins, it means they don't have to pay the CC/middlemen that 2%-3%.. if they make that much more money, their stock prices would soar due to the volume of business they do.

what world do you live in? they charge retailers 2%-3%.. if those retailers were to abandon them, and begin using BTC, they would lose A LOT of money.

Western Union is a brand unlike bitcoin, most websites support WU and do not support bitcoin which will definitely make WU more usable and open for more people, where's your point?  Cool

beetcoin (OP)

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 02:51:30 AM

Then they fight you.
Then you win.

Western Union is a brand unlike bitcoin, most websites support WU and do not support bitcoin which will definitely make WU more usable and open for more people, where's your point?  Cool

i still don't understand what your point is... no rhetoric there, i just really don't.

if bitcoin becomes the standard for payments, less people will use visa or paypal.. which means they will lose money. they do not like that.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: