Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 07:38:57 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Say No to ASIC LTC/Scrypth please read this &forward topic  (Read 1249 times)
saynotoasicltc (OP)

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 24, 2013, 06:57:29 AM

As we know last day we can read about asic ltc /scrypth pre-order ...

There are lot of us GPU miner (more then asic -btc ),when there are many people involved in this it is more like that ,more people we hear for litecon,probably one of the best scrypth coin that this days is becoming really worth as SILVER.

How we can fight against ltc asic ?

First of ways is not to BUY pre order for THEM (if you read for one comany that is in this days planing pre order -the will not accept LTC for pre order - why? because they just want PROFIT fot them ,they are not interested in people that was put litecoin on the road).

GOLDEN RULE NOT SILVER -REMBER :If nobody buy preorder or even in next few months asic ltc that would be salvation for GPU miners? I think NO (that company will probably mine coins...and have MONOPOL or even FORK the netwoork ).

So secod way to DEFEND -my idea is to contact all pools like (Litecoinorg,Coinotron,Wemineltc,Givemeltc,LiteGUardian,and else polls -sorry i didnt mention all of you ),why contact them ?
The GOAL is to edit all mining scrypth software (cgminer,reaper/guiminer...) to implented a detection of hardwer that is using for mining like AMD,even nvidia(only GPU's) that communicated with POOLs,so if you dosent using GPU can't connect to POOL and mine coins...

This is my idea...If you can supported me on some ways -even donations in ltc in small amounts (example 0.01 )adress is :
LaCh8KLwYDBL4XnQfAEv1kdcGBDrDYsLj7
 amount is not imortant )the goal is to get up team of people that will work(editing sofware for mining with detection and support against asic for ltc) on PROJECT called : Say No to ASIC LTC/scrypth with this two steps ,
if you have some idea to help contact me through this email :saynotoasicltc@gmail.com skype: saynotoasicltc
thanks for reading this I hope that are many people to HELP with this project
SemiMolten

Activity: 86
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 24, 2013, 08:33:57 AM

There are lot of us GPU miner (more then asic -btc ),when there are many people involved in this it is more like that ,more people we hear for litecon,probably one of the best scrypth coin that this days is becoming really worth as SILVER.

First of ways is not to BUY pre order for THEM (if you read for one comany that is in this days planing pre order -the will not accept LTC for pre order - why? because they just want PROFIT fot them ,they are not interested in people that was put litecoin on the road).

GOLDEN RULE NOT SILVER -REMBER :If nobody buy preorder or even in next few months asic ltc that would be salvation for GPU miners? I think NO (that company will probably mine coins...and have MONOPOL or even FORK the netwoork ).

So secod way to DEFEND -my idea is to contact all pools like (Litecoinorg,Coinotron,Wemineltc,Givemeltc,LiteGUardian,and else polls -sorry i didnt mention all of you ),why contact them ?
The GOAL is to edit all mining scrypth software (cgminer,reaper/guiminer...) to implented a detection of hardwer that is using for mining like AMD,even nvidia(only GPU's) that communicated with POOLs,so if you dosent using GPU can't connect to POOL and mine coins...

This is my idea...If you can supported me on some ways -even donations in ltc in small amounts (example 0.01 )adress is :
 amount is not imortant )the goal is to get up team of people that will work(editing sofware for mining with detection and support against asic for ltc) on PROJECT called : Say No to ASIC LTC/scrypth with this two steps ,
if you have some idea to help contact me through this email :saynotoasicltc@gmail.com skype: saynotoasicltc
1) Its scrypt
2) Its not possible for one to design a Scrypt ASIC.
3) The ASIC company is most probably a scam.

PenAndPaper

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 24, 2013, 09:08:19 AM

I agree to you that people should avoid pre orders but if for a example a company like KnCMiner creates an asic for scrypt
don't expect people to boycott it in any way.  Lips sealed
Evil-Knievel
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1168

View Profile
November 24, 2013, 09:13:09 AM
Last edit: April 17, 2016, 09:35:00 PM by Evil-Knievel

This message was too old and has been purged
Ecurb123

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 24, 2013, 09:26:51 AM

Anyway I think it's a pointless battle, of course people are going to buy asic as soon as they can.
Flipke

Activity: 13

View Profile
November 24, 2013, 10:37:32 AM

1) Its scrypt

1. Yes, it is.
2. No, you are absolutely wrong

Totally agree. You can create an ASIC for everything you want. It's just that the scrypt algorithm is a lot more complex to convert whereas AES-256 ASIC designs were already available for years: it was just a matter of putting a shitload of these designs on a single PCB.

Also, why on earth would we not buy Scrypt-ASIC miners ? These things would be 100x more energy efficient than GPUs and they would be a lot cheaper to replace when they die due to overheating.

And last thing: why would I donate something to you ? So you can buy ASIC miners with our LTC ?
Jacce

Activity: 294

View Profile
November 24, 2013, 12:18:37 PM

OP, I don't think you'll have any support in this. What's the problem with ASIC anyway, except many of the companies claiming to sell them are scam? I have a feeling you're just selfish and don't want your GPU to become obsolete.
PenAndPaper

Activity: 252

View Profile
November 24, 2013, 12:44:23 PM

Totally agree. You can create an ASIC for everything you want. It's just that the scrypt algorithm is a lot more complex to convert whereas AES-256 ASIC designs were already available for years

Actually the problem is that it is memory intensive, so as far as i can tell it 's the additional cost of ram that makes it unprofitable to produce. (I 'm no expert on the subject just reading old threads).
If thats the case maybe the rise on litecoin's price will change this.
saynotoasicltc (OP)

View Profile
November 24, 2013, 02:24:58 PM

Many of you people are looking to profit...asic ltc will be sky rocket prices on ebay and so on like in case for btc if you like to risk your money for that -that means one thing GREED...

I am in digital currency not for profit ,for me this is hoby -GPU miners has a lot efort last years give in all (software/pools/exchange/hardware) ,so one can with that asic destroy that in 2-3months?

I think that is NO ok...For me that is NO SELFISH...

all the best people ,who dosent like IDEA (he is planing ASIC-Ltc.all the best with it)

I will try mi Idea,all the best with regards from one man with his small IDEA

nate008

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 24, 2013, 03:01:04 PM

1) Its scrypt

And why couldn't someone build  an ASIC  for LTC?
Do you even have a clue what an ASIC is?

As for the op , you won't be able to stop it.
Flipke

Activity: 13

View Profile
November 24, 2013, 03:32:29 PM

Totally agree. You can create an ASIC for everything you want. It's just that the scrypt algorithm is a lot more complex to convert whereas AES-256 ASIC designs were already available for years

Actually the problem is that it is memory intensive, so as far as i can tell it 's the additional cost of ram that makes it unprofitable to produce. (I 'm no expert on the subject just reading old threads).
If thats the case maybe the rise on litecoin's price will change this.

Good point indeed. Add some additional costs for a memory controller, memory bus and caches and you have a tiny, complex and expensive ASIC Tongue
Rannasha

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 24, 2013, 03:41:19 PM

I am in digital currency not for profit ,for me this is hoby -GPU miners has a lot efort last years give in all (software/pools/exchange/hardware) ,so one can with that asic destroy that in 2-3months?

If you're not in it for profit, then why do you care whether there are ASICs for scrypt or not?
niothor

Activity: 826
Merit: 501

in defi we trust

View Profile
November 24, 2013, 03:46:47 PM

I like this part , and the money goes for....?

▄          ▄▄▄▄    ▄
            ███      ▄██████▀  ▀█▀
            ███     ▄██▀
            ███     ███        ▄█▄   ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄██████▄      ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄█████▄▄        ▄▄█████▄▄
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄  ███     ███        ███   ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄
  ▄████████▄███  ▄█████████▄   ███   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀██▄   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀█▀   ▄██▀       ▀██▄
▄███▀    ▀█████   ▀▀███▀▀▀▀    ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███████████████
███   ▄▄   ▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███   ▀▀   ▄███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ▄    ███         ▄
▀███▄    ▄█████     ███        ███   ███         ███    ███▄▄   ▄▄████   ███         ███    ███▄▄    ▄███    ███▄▄   ▄▄███
  ▀████████▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███     ▀████████▀███   ███         ███     ▀█████████▀      ▀█████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀       ▀          ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀   ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀            ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄▀▀       ▀▀▄▄
  █               █ ▄
 █   █▀▄ ▀█▀ ▀█▀   █ ▀▄
 █   █▀▄  █   █    █  ▀▄
  █  ▀▀   ▀   ▀   █    █
▄▀ ▄▄           ▄▀    ▄▀
 ▀▀  ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀      ▀▄
        ▀▄▄      ▄▄▀▀▄▄▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄
  ▄█▄              ▄███████▄
  ▀████▄▄         ██████▀██████▀
    ▀▀▀████▄▄     ███████████▀
    ▀██▄███████▄▄███████████
     ▄▄▄▀██████████████████
      ▀████████████████████
▀█▄▄     ▀████████████████
  ▀████████████████▀█████
    ▀████████████▀▄▄███▀
       ▀▀██████████▀▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄   ▄▄
              ▄▀ ▀▀█  █
             ▄▀     ▀▀
         ▄▄▄▄█▄
     ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
 ▄▀▄▀              ▀▄▀▄
█  █   ▄█▄    ▄█▄   █  █
 ▀█    ▀█▀    ▀█▀    █▀
  █                  █
   █   ▀▄      ▄▀   █
    ▀▄   ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▄▀
      ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀
New Age of DEFI
A Non-Code Platform for
Decentralized Trading Instruments

▄▄███████████████▄▄
 ▄█████████████████████▄
▄██████████████▀▀███████▄
████████████▀▀    ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄   ███████
██████▀▀     █    ███████
████▀       █     ███████
█████▄▄   ▄█      ███████
████████ ██▄      ███████
▀████████ ▀▄███▄▄███████▀
 ▀█████████████████████▀
   ▀▀███████████████▀▀

▄              ▄
   ▄███▄          ▄███▄
   █████▄  ▄▄▄▄  ▄█████
  ▄████████████████████▄
 ▄██████████████████████▄
 ████████████████████████
██████▀▀          ▀▀██████
█████▀   ▄      ▄   ▀█████
 ████   ███    ███   ████
  ████   ▀      ▀   ████
   ▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
     ▀▀████████████▀▀

▄▄████████████████▄▄
 ▄█████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀█████▄
▄████▀  ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀  ▀████▄
████▀                ▀████
███▀                  ▀███
███       ▄    ▄       ███
██▀      ███  ███      ▀██
██       ▀█▀  ▀█▀       ██
██▄     ▄        ▄     ▄██
▀██▄     ▀▀▄▄▄▄▀▀     ███▀
 ▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
   ▀▀████████████████▀▀
saynotoasicltc (OP)

View Profile
November 24, 2013, 04:22:47 PM

i dont want to PUT money in pocket-I am not programer so I cant edit software(if wouldnt find anybody to edit/software -because owner of cgminer is giving up in gpu's in version 3.8 he is stoping his project ,idea were money would go is to spread this word about this IDEA

like google adwords,banners on pools ,blockchains site-s and so on...

if you have any idea spread the word about this -especially if you are GPU miner

niothor

Activity: 826
Merit: 501

in defi we trust

View Profile
November 24, 2013, 04:25:35 PM

i dont want to PUT money in pocket-I am not programer so I cant edit software(if wouldnt find anybody to edit/software -because owner of cgminer is giving up in gpu's in version 3.8 he is stoping his project ,idea were money would go is to spread this word about this IDEA

like google adwords,banners on pools ,blockchains site-s and so on...

if you have any idea spread the word about this -especially if you are GPU miner

You;re idea is against the principles bitcoin and afterwards litecoin emerged.
You want some people to police the internet , on a smaller scale.
Next miners might ban whoever they want based on their gear , then transactions then...

▄          ▄▄▄▄    ▄
            ███      ▄██████▀  ▀█▀
            ███     ▄██▀
            ███     ███        ▄█▄   ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄██████▄      ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄█████▄▄        ▄▄█████▄▄
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄  ███     ███        ███   ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄
  ▄████████▄███  ▄█████████▄   ███   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀██▄   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀█▀   ▄██▀       ▀██▄
▄███▀    ▀█████   ▀▀███▀▀▀▀    ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███████████████
███   ▄▄   ▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███   ▀▀   ▄███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ▄    ███         ▄
▀███▄    ▄█████     ███        ███   ███         ███    ███▄▄   ▄▄████   ███         ███    ███▄▄    ▄███    ███▄▄   ▄▄███
  ▀████████▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███     ▀████████▀███   ███         ███     ▀█████████▀      ▀█████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀       ▀          ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀   ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀            ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄▀▀       ▀▀▄▄
  █               █ ▄
 █   █▀▄ ▀█▀ ▀█▀   █ ▀▄
 █   █▀▄  █   █    █  ▀▄
  █  ▀▀   ▀   ▀   █    █
▄▀ ▄▄           ▄▀    ▄▀
 ▀▀  ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀      ▀▄
        ▀▄▄      ▄▄▀▀▄▄▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄
  ▄█▄              ▄███████▄
  ▀████▄▄         ██████▀██████▀
    ▀▀▀████▄▄     ███████████▀
    ▀██▄███████▄▄███████████
     ▄▄▄▀██████████████████
      ▀████████████████████
▀█▄▄     ▀████████████████
  ▀████████████████▀█████
    ▀████████████▀▄▄███▀
       ▀▀██████████▀▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄   ▄▄
              ▄▀ ▀▀█  █
             ▄▀     ▀▀
         ▄▄▄▄█▄
     ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
 ▄▀▄▀              ▀▄▀▄
█  █   ▄█▄    ▄█▄   █  █
 ▀█    ▀█▀    ▀█▀    █▀
  █                  █
   █   ▀▄      ▄▀   █
    ▀▄   ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▄▀
      ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀
New Age of DEFI
A Non-Code Platform for
Decentralized Trading Instruments

▄▄███████████████▄▄
 ▄█████████████████████▄
▄██████████████▀▀███████▄
████████████▀▀    ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄   ███████
██████▀▀     █    ███████
████▀       █     ███████
█████▄▄   ▄█      ███████
████████ ██▄      ███████
▀████████ ▀▄███▄▄███████▀
 ▀█████████████████████▀
   ▀▀███████████████▀▀

▄              ▄
   ▄███▄          ▄███▄
   █████▄  ▄▄▄▄  ▄█████
  ▄████████████████████▄
 ▄██████████████████████▄
 ████████████████████████
██████▀▀          ▀▀██████
█████▀   ▄      ▄   ▀█████
 ████   ███    ███   ████
  ████   ▀      ▀   ████
   ▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
     ▀▀████████████▀▀

▄▄████████████████▄▄
 ▄█████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀█████▄
▄████▀  ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀  ▀████▄
████▀                ▀████
███▀                  ▀███
███       ▄    ▄       ███
██▀      ███  ███      ▀██
██       ▀█▀  ▀█▀       ██
██▄     ▄        ▄     ▄██
▀██▄     ▀▀▄▄▄▄▀▀     ███▀
 ▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
   ▀▀████████████████▀▀
Wipeout2097

Activity: 840
Merit: 255

SportsIcon - Connect With Your Sports Heroes

View Profile
November 24, 2013, 05:12:32 PM

You guys can counter-argue whatever you want, but the OP has merit. Centralization of mining, risk of 51% attacks, profit-killing (go see what happens to a coin that tops as most profitable at coinchoose), more single-function "worthless" hardware being produced, etc...

People are not mining the bitcoin network directly and are into alts because GPUs are worthless against asics.

███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██▀       ▀█       ▀████████████        ▀█         █▀       ▀██
██   ▀██▄▄▄█   ██   ████████████   ███   ████   ████   ▀██▄▄▄██
███▄     ▀██       ▄████████████       ▄█████   █████▄     ▀███
██▀▀▀██▄   █   █████████████████   █▄  ▀█████   ████▀▀▀██▄   ██
██▄       ▄█   █████████████████   ██▄  ▀████   ████▄       ▄██
██       ██▀      ▀█████████████    ▀██   █████████████████████
████   ███   ▄██▄   ████████████     ▀█   █████████████████████
████   ███   ████████   ████   █   ▄  ▀   █████████████████████
████   ███   ▀██▀   █   ████   █   █▄     █████████████████████
██       ██▄      ▄███        ██   ██▄    █████████████████████
██████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████                                                             ████████████████████████████████████████████████

████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████          ████████████████                                 ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████████
███████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████
███████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████
►►  Powered by
BOUNTY
DETECTIVE
terman45x

Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 24, 2013, 05:23:20 PM

If you're not in it for profit, then why do you care whether there are ASICs for scrypt or not?

This. It is just greed to try keep mining only on GPUs when there might be more efective miners.
But preorders are bad this I agree.
saynotoasicltc (OP)

View Profile
November 24, 2013, 08:04:26 PM

we will see next year ,most of people will do...

Wipeout2097

Merit: 255

SportsIcon - Connect With Your Sports Heroes

View Profile
November 24, 2013, 08:39:34 PM

This. It is just greed to try keep mining only on GPUs when there might be more efective miners.
lol, honestly, don't bring fake morality into this. We're not in 2011. Today, 90% of the seemly ideological and high-minded arguments in the context of virtual currencies are just pretty basic self-interest.

That said, he replied before to the questions you are asking now, why does he care:
GPU miners has a lot efort last years give in all (software/pools/exchange/hardware) ,so one can with that asic destroy that in 2-3months?

██▀       ▀█       ▀████████████        ▀█         █▀       ▀██
██   ▀██▄▄▄█   ██   ████████████   ███   ████   ████   ▀██▄▄▄██
███▄     ▀██       ▄████████████       ▄█████   █████▄     ▀███
██▀▀▀██▄   █   █████████████████   █▄  ▀█████   ████▀▀▀██▄   ██
██▄       ▄█   █████████████████   ██▄  ▀████   ████▄       ▄██
██       ██▀      ▀█████████████    ▀██   █████████████████████
████   ███   ▄██▄   ████████████     ▀█   █████████████████████
████   ███   ████████   ████   █   ▄  ▀   █████████████████████
████   ███   ▀██▀   █   ████   █   █▄     █████████████████████
██       ██▄      ▄███        ██   ██▄    █████████████████████
██████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████                                                             ████████████████████████████████████████████████

████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████          ████████████████                                 ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██