Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 12:03:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Have a game idea...need info....  (Read 1301 times)
MikeCorleone (OP)

Activity: 391
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 24, 2013, 11:35:42 AM

I have a GREAT game idea, that i really think would do SUPER well. I do not have the coding ability to make it however. I can make the graphical parts, but not the code. What would be a (estimated cost) of paying someone to make this? Also, would it be possible to have partners? If so, how would that work? Also, I don't want my idea stolen,lol there isn't a game like this for bitcoin yet, and would be awesome to be the first.

I know, my questions are leaving a wide space of detail open, but any help would be great!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
birkomester

Activity: 336
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 24, 2013, 02:06:49 PM

What kind of game?
More info please.
MikeCorleone (OP)

View Profile
November 24, 2013, 02:15:57 PM

most of the gambling sites ive came across is all about luck. Well my game is a skill based game. Ideal' would be to make it in flash, (might be easier) that way it can sense someone trying to cheat. I really don't want to just say my idea to everyone. If there are serious people that can partner up/invest/ or whatever, i would be more than happy to tell.
moderate

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

nearly dead

View Profile
November 24, 2013, 04:20:11 PM

most of the gambling sites ive came across is all about luck. Well my game is a skill based game. Ideal' would be to make it in flash, (might be easier) that way it can sense someone trying to cheat. I really don't want to just say my idea to everyone. If there are serious people that can partner up/invest/ or whatever, i would be more than happy to tell.

Right, "sense" cheating..

The only people that will accept partnering with you will be just as clueless about the matter.
MikeCorleone (OP)

View Profile
November 24, 2013, 04:23:29 PM

The only people that will accept partnering with you will be just as clueless about the matter.

What about it? And like i said, if there are SERIOUS people i would elaborate my idea with. I'm not going to just post my idea, that way some asswipe like yourself could jump on it, code it, and go with it. No way. If i have to i'll go to an outside source. This bitcoin community here isn't a friendly one.
moderate

nearly dead

View Profile
November 24, 2013, 04:38:05 PM

What about it? And like i said, if there are SERIOUS people i would elaborate my idea with. I'm not going to just post my idea, that way some asswipe like yourself could jump on it, code it, and go with it. No way.

You really think you are special, don't you ? It is not like every week someone comes up with a secret plan to conquer the world, which cannot be revealed because it is so good.
MikeCorleone (OP)

View Profile
November 24, 2013, 04:52:05 PM

No not at all. But i'm not going to let someone take my idea. That's retarded. Much like your replies to my topic. Where is that ignore button? NM, i found it.
8ennett

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
November 24, 2013, 07:33:14 PM

They have a point. I have the ability to do what you are asking, but honestly the idea doesn't appeal to me without more information. There's no incentive either to persue obtaining further information either as you haven't really told us anything.

People pop up on this forum all the time with great idea's but without the ability to make it come to fruition. I think my suggestion would be, if your idea is so great, why not learn the abilities you need yourself?

It's not exactly an impossible task to accomplish. When I was younger I learned the basics of Flash in a day, mastered it within a couple of months. The exact same story with PHP, PERL, SQL, Python, Ruby, Javascript, JAVA and many others.

If it's worth pursuing, then go for it. If it's not, elaborate.
MikeCorleone (OP)

View Profile
November 24, 2013, 07:40:39 PM

They have a point. I have the ability to do what you are asking, but honestly the idea doesn't appeal to me without more information. There's no incentive either to persue obtaining further information either as you haven't really told us anything.

People pop up on this forum all the time with great idea's but without the ability to make it come to fruition. I think my suggestion would be, if your idea is so great, why not learn the abilities you need yourself?

It's not exactly an impossible task to accomplish. When I was younger I learned the basics of Flash in a day, mastered it within a couple of months. The exact same story with PHP, PERL, SQL, Python, Ruby, Javascript, JAVA and many others.

I have said several times, that is SERIOUS people were interested that i would explain it to THEM. NOT THE WHOLE FORUM
MikeCorleone (OP)

View Profile
November 24, 2013, 07:42:35 PM

I have said several times, that is SERIOUS people were interested that i would explain it to THEM. NOT THE WHOLE FORUM

How would i go about explaining it to honest, serious people? Without letting the entire community know about it? I just dont want the idea to get into the wrong hands and i miss out, i then would have to pull a ulbricht on someone,lol
8ennett

Activity: 14

View Profile WWW
November 24, 2013, 07:49:31 PM

lol ok, I understand your reluctance. I was just trying to let you know the reality of somebody wanting to take this job on.

Why not try a freelancer website? You can create a new project, set a budget and let people bid on it. When the bidding is over, whoever wins can then have the details of the project revealed to them. If someone tries to steal your idea after winning the bidding and you have spilled your entire idea to them, you have legal grounds to sue due to the official contract made between the two of you over the freelancer site.
MikeCorleone (OP)

View Profile
November 24, 2013, 09:03:45 PM

lol ok, I understand your reluctance. I was just trying to let you know the reality of somebody wanting to take this job on.

Why not try a freelancer website? You can create a new project, set a budget and let people bid on it. When the bidding is over, whoever wins can then have the details of the project revealed to them. If someone tries to steal your idea after winning the bidding and you have spilled your entire idea to them, you have legal grounds to sue due to the official contract made between the two of you over the freelancer site.

Good thinking! I just wanted to ask here since it is for bitcoin and all. But i do understand where you are coming from.
snailbrain
Legendary

Activity: 1807
Merit: 1020

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 03:20:27 PM

it's not like this is it?

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=330533.0

navira

Activity: 4

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 04:06:33 PM

I'm a professional game developer who's shipped many top selling games. You won't find devs like me on a freelance site - I don't need money it's just a passion. Feel free to PM me your idea - I'm looking for projects that combine my interests in these fields.

Honestly, nobody steals ideas in this industry until they are released proven and can be cloned. So don't be too paranoid. Success is 99% implementation.

moderate

nearly dead

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 04:13:15 PM

I'm a professional game developer who's shipped many top selling games. You won't find devs like me on a freelance site - I don't need money it's just a passion.

ROFL, thanks for that.
LiteCoinGuy
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1010

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
November 25, 2013, 08:04:04 PM

good luck with that. games and bitcoins are a perfect match Smiley

MikeCorleone (OP)

View Profile
November 26, 2013, 12:37:10 AM

Its not like any above posts,lol.... gesh, a couple people messaged me, and i told, so im sure someone will develope it soon then i will hunt them down.
moderate

nearly dead

View Profile
November 26, 2013, 12:51:41 AM

Its not like any above posts,lol.... gesh, a couple people messaged me, and i told, so im sure someone will develope it soon then i will hunt them down.

And you have 0 evidence that anything that comes out will be based on your secret ideas, because guess what ? They are secret. If you made the idea public, at least you could point people to it, and someone could actually trust you. You need to get some more 10 to 20 years to start grasping the notion that your great idea might not be great at all, and announcing it doesn't actually hurt you.
MikeCorleone (OP)

View Profile
November 26, 2013, 12:57:50 AM

And you have 0 evidence that anything that comes out will be based on your secret ideas, because guess what ? They are secret. If you made the idea public, at least you could point people to it, and someone could actually trust you. You need to get some more 10 to 20 years to start grasping the notion that your great idea might not be great at all, and announcing it doesn't actually hurt you.

How is that? the "FEW" people that have messaged me were told. So i do have something saying that it was mine.I dont really care if i am trusted or not. I havent dont anything not to be trusted. I don't give any information that i dont feel is "NEED TO KNOW" to anyone on here. Friends/ other people i know, knows. I could careless what you think.
Martijnvdc

Activity: 322

View Profile
November 26, 2013, 09:03:53 AM

I can do the coding for you, if you want.
PM me your game idea.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: