Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 12:21:28 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Mac wallet for Peercoin?  (Read 2646 times)
blacksails (OP)

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 24, 2013, 12:11:33 PM

Why is there no mac wallet for peer coin? Would be good since the windows version in wine/crossover tells me "WARNING: Checkpoint is to old. Wait for block chain to download, or notify the developers on this issue." It has one connection to the network and that "downloading symbol" is rotating, but it does not download any blocks.
Anyone from the peercoin devs around that can help me? Smiley
elambert
Legendary

Activity: 1696
Merit: 1008

View Profile
November 24, 2013, 12:38:42 PM

First off, I am not one of the Peercoin devs, but I am a big fan of the coin and the dev team. I saw a post recently about adding a Mac client but I do not think this has occurred yet (I too do most of my recreational computing on a Mac). Maxpower is the handle of a community member here who has created many Mac clients where necessary - if you want a more immediate solution, send him a PM and I am sure he would be happy to assist (just throw him some coin as a donation for his effort). Regarding the checkpoint warning, this will show until the whole block chain downloads. Just make sure you have the most recent version and if the block chain downloading seems to get stuck, close the client and then reopen it - this helped me when my download seemed to slow or get stuck. Hope this helps.
blacksails (OP)

View Profile
November 24, 2013, 12:47:57 PM

First off, I am not one of the Peercoin devs, but I am a big fan of the coin and the dev team. I saw a post recently about adding a Mac client but I do not think this has occurred yet (I too do most of my recreational computing on a Mac). Maxpower is the handle of a community member here who has created many Mac clients where necessary - if you want a more immediate solution, send him a PM and I am sure he would be happy to assist (just throw him some coin as a donation for his effort). Regarding the checkpoint warning, this will show until the whole block chain downloads. Just make sure you have the most recent version and if the block chain downloading seems to get stuck, close the client and then reopen it - this helped me when my download seemed to slow or get stuck. Hope this helps.
Thanks for the advices!
I don't have much in any cryptocoins at the moment, so it would not feel right to ask him for help and not donate Sad
I reopened the client multiple times after like 30 minutes sessions where it didn't download, so probably it's something in the code that wine can't understand.
I guess I have to wait for the official client then Sad
Thanks anyway! Smiley
HTML5 Gordon

Activity: 184
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 05:27:16 PM

Thanks for the advices!
I don't have much in any cryptocoins at the moment, so it would not feel right to ask him for help and not donate Sad
I reopened the client multiple times after like 30 minutes sessions where it didn't download, so probably it's something in the code that wine can't understand.
Thanks anyway! Smiley

@blacksails PPcoin-Qt is available for Mac, and I am currently running it on OS X 10.9 with no issues.

You can get it here:  https://github.com/ppcoin/ppcoin/wiki/Installation
blacksails (OP)

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 06:51:06 PM

Thanks for the advices!
Thanks anyway! Smiley

@blacksails PPcoin-Qt is available for Mac, and I am currently running it on OS X 10.9 with no issues.

You can get it here:  https://github.com/ppcoin/ppcoin/wiki/Installation

Oh! Awesome! Many thanks! Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: