Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 01:27:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Just getting in  (Read 475 times)
divenvy (OP)

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 24, 2013, 01:44:38 PM

Hi all,
I first heard about Bitcoin this past summer when the price was around $120.00.  I briefly looked into it and thought it was kind of a novelty that wasn't worth spending too much time on (big mistake).

The big change for me happened last week before the big run up.  I heard that a Senate Committee would have a hearing in regards to digital currency.  I picked up some BTC leading up to that just in case it was good news.  After watching that meeting I knew BTC wasn't just a novelty and would really be something big!  I have picked up several more BTC as well as some LTC and have been reading the news/forum almost obsessively.  I'm on this boat and although looking back I wish I paid attention this summer but still think the value of this technology will greatly exceed my expectations in the future.

One concern for me: 

Are the early adapters who have already made a significant return on their investment going to help the cause by putting back into it?  I believe that hoarding or selfishness may lead to the demise of bitcoin's future.  I just don't see enough of the bitcoin millionaires opening up shops and spreading the word.  This needs to happen in order for this thing to grow. 

Look forward to the future!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Wendigo
Legendary

Activity: 2604
Merit: 1036

View Profile
November 24, 2013, 02:45:28 PM

Some people have billions of dollars right now because they have been messing with coins since 2010 when you can get in the thousands per day,
PenAndPaper

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 24, 2013, 03:10:31 PM

Early adopters with large stacks should definitely start creating businesses around bitcoins.
It's super easy and they can find people with great skills to work for them for bitcoins.

The problem is that being an early adopter doesn't mean that you have an entrepreneurial spirit in you and that's why there are so many hoarders around that their investments are limited to buying asics.
T.Stuart

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

One Token to Move Anything Anywhere

View Profile
November 24, 2013, 03:45:30 PM

Some people have billions of dollars right now because they have been messing with coins since 2010 when you can get in the thousands per day,

In my opinion some of the biggest holders should sell off their stock to drop prices and bring more people in. That's how to go mainstream the quickest way possible. The way it's going at the moment, who wants to join a system where a few people are hoarding much of the wealth to squeeze extra dollars out of those (also relatively new) looking to join  Undecided ? Looking at the charts, volumes, etc., I don't see how this can be sustained without the prices dropping / correcting / whatever technical term you may want to use. Large-scale credible businesses offering a wide variety of uses and advantages for bitcoin are also a must.

███████████████▄▄▄                     ▄█▄     ▀█████▄                     ▄█████▀
████████████████████▄                ▄█████▄     ▀█████▄                 ▄█████▀
              ▀▀█████▄             ▄█████████▄     ▀█████▄             ▄█████▀
                 █████▌          ▄█████▀ ▀█████▄     ▀█████▄         ▄█████▀
                 ▐█████        ▄█████▀     ▀█████▄     ▀█████▄     ▄█████▀
                 █████▌      ▄█████▀         ▀█████▄     ▀█████▄ ▄█████▀
              ▄▄█████▀     ▄█████▀     ▄█▄     ▀█████▄     ▀█████████▀
████████████████████▀    ▄█████▀     ▄█████▄     ▀█████▄     ▀█████▀
███████████████▀▀▀     ▄█████▀     ▄█████████▄     ▀█████▄     ▀█▀
                                    ▀███████▀
                                      ▀███▀
                                        ▀
▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
.◆ ◆ ◆ ONE TOKEN TO MOVE ANYTHING ANYWHERE ◆ ◆ ◆.
▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁
divenvy (OP)

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 24, 2013, 03:56:00 PM

I assume that there are people with large stacks of coins selling those off to pay for their new car, bills, housing etc.  I did hear about a BTC millionaire in NYC that invested into a swanky bar that accepts BTC for payment.  That is great, but those people need to have a voice.  There needs to a stronger movement by all to get this to go mainstream.  I do think the rising price will affect how people look at BTC but given the finite amount of coins that will never change IMO. 

One thing that I don't like are all of the copycat alt coins.  Is there a way BTC can get patents to prevent the spread of alt coins?
Wendigo
Legendary

Activity: 2604
Merit: 1036

View Profile
November 24, 2013, 03:57:59 PM

Its like a stock market, who cares what the price is now, its important to make as much cash as possible with what you have. Noone cares about what you want after all its a business  Grin
blacksails

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 24, 2013, 04:04:22 PM

In my opinion some of the biggest holders should sell off their stock to drop prices and bring more people in. That's how to go mainstream the quickest way possible. The way it's going at the moment, who wants to join a system where a few people are hoarding much of the wealth to squeeze extra dollars out of those (also relatively new) looking to join  Undecided ? Looking at the charts, volumes, etc., I don't see how this can be sustained without the prices dropping / correcting / whatever technical term you may want to use. Large-scale credible businesses offering a wide variety of uses and advantages for bitcoin are also a must.
Nah, you just want cheap coins to make bigger profits! Wink (Don't worry, you're not alone!)
T.Stuart

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

One Token to Move Anything Anywhere

View Profile
November 24, 2013, 05:00:19 PM

Nah, you just want cheap coins to make bigger profits! Wink (Don't worry, you're not alone!)

Well there's an idea!  Grin
But seriously, I don't understand anyone buying in now at $850. Look at the volumes being traded. It's like a ghost town! If you're getting in that close underneath $1,000 why not just wait until then and also get the chance to buy in cheaper with the possible pre-$1,000 crash, because when it breaks $1,000 and sustains that will be an important milestone. And so what if you buy at $1,050 instead of $850 - if bitcoin's going to the "Moon" anyway!

███████████████▄▄▄                     ▄█▄     ▀█████▄                     ▄█████▀
████████████████████▄                ▄█████▄     ▀█████▄                 ▄█████▀
              ▀▀█████▄             ▄█████████▄     ▀█████▄             ▄█████▀
                 █████▌          ▄█████▀ ▀█████▄     ▀█████▄         ▄█████▀
                 ▐█████        ▄█████▀     ▀█████▄     ▀█████▄     ▄█████▀
                 █████▌      ▄█████▀         ▀█████▄     ▀█████▄ ▄█████▀
              ▄▄█████▀     ▄█████▀     ▄█▄     ▀█████▄     ▀█████████▀
████████████████████▀    ▄█████▀     ▄█████▄     ▀█████▄     ▀█████▀
███████████████▀▀▀     ▄█████▀     ▄█████████▄     ▀█████▄     ▀█▀
                                    ▀███████▀
                                      ▀███▀
                                        ▀
▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
.◆ ◆ ◆ ONE TOKEN TO MOVE ANYTHING ANYWHERE ◆ ◆ ◆.
▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: