Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 05:28:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Miners from Pakistan  (Read 18823 times)
Abdussamad
Legendary

Activity: 3612
Merit: 1564

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 11:44:04 PM

I wanted to ask how big/mainstream is bitcoin right now in pakistan?

It is ultra-niche. Barely anyone has heard about it.
nawazish1

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

PXC Research Team

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 01:47:38 PM

But it won't take much time to spread in whole Pakistan just like Dengue Virus. I just went to Buy 4 more GPUs threee days back.

And I fouund one shop keeper who knew about Litecoin. He said many people are coming to buy GPUs these days so that they can mine LTC but most of them don't know how it all works excatly. I shared some info with the shop keeper as well. Smiley Abdussamad I think you & me have very precious knowledge safe in our brains. Cheesy

PXC: PmfFgdwwcXPa1QUmtVJevdPfHhmhztHHCv
BTC: 1P22tVABsd85L7kkpTmohCv5vK2BypFz3H
Phoenixcoin (PXC), a decentralised open source digital currency.
Abdussamad
Legendary

Activity: 3612
Merit: 1564

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 09:12:38 AM

So let's talk about mining specifics, shall we Nawazish? What do you do in summer when it is too hot to run a GPU at full blast and even if you could keep it cool how do you deal with voltage fluctuations? I think it would cost too much to get a UPS for all the mining rigs. Keep in mind that in Karachi at least we have hot weather 9 months of the year with about 3-4 of those being extremely hot. You must run the GPU during a lot of those 9 months if you want to ROI.
Evilish

Activity: 882
Merit: 563

Bitcoin to the moon!

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 12:47:59 PM

But it won't take much time to spread in whole Pakistan just like Dengue Virus. I just went to Buy 4 more GPUs threee days back.

And I fouund one shop keeper who knew about Litecoin. He said many people are coming to buy GPUs these days so that they can mine LTC but most of them don't know how it all works excatly. I shared some info with the shop keeper as well. Smiley Abdussamad I think you & me have very precious knowledge safe in our brains. Cheesy

Lol, which city are you from?
nawazish1

PXC Research Team

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 02:10:14 PM

Same as yours! Welcome. Smiley. Your story seems interesting cause you are an early adopter of BTC.

Evilish

Bitcoin to the moon!

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 02:17:37 PM

Same as yours! Welcome. Smiley. Your story seems interesting cause you are an early adopter of BTC.
Nice. Do you know any places in Karachi where I can buy GPUs/Other parts at reasonable price? I recently bought two 7950s and they cost me RS. 40,000 each.
nawazish1

PXC Research Team

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 02:33:42 PM

Nice. Do you know any places in Karachi where I can buy GPUs/Other parts at reasonable price? I recently bought two 7950s and they cost me RS. 40,000 each.

Lol! 40,000 rs what brand?? I am guessing it's saphire.

Evilish

Bitcoin to the moon!

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 02:40:13 PM

The brand is HIS. I'm currently getting about
1200 KH/s with both the cards.
nawazish1

PXC Research Team

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 02:52:27 PM

If it is HIS then you have been looted my buddy. I bought the same brand 10 months back for 34,000. from
http://galaxy.com.pk/

And know recently bought Gigabyte R9 270 for 27,000 can do about 470 KHs with temperature of 65-70 C

I bought here.
http://sahulatit.com/graphic-cards/nvidia/amd-radeon-hd-r-9-27oc-2gb-256-bit-graphic-card-best-price-in-pakistan

Note that I am using riser cables to run all four of my new cards on the same board to save the costs.

Evilish

Bitcoin to the moon!

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 03:10:37 PM

If it is HIS then you have been looted my buddy. I bought the same brand 10 months back for 34,000. from

And know recently bought Gigabyte R9 270 for 27,000 can do about 470 KHs with temperature of 65-70 C

I bought here.
http://sahulatit.com/graphic-cards/nvidia/amd-radeon-hd-r-9-27oc-2gb-256-bit-graphic-card-best-price-in-pakistan

Note that I am using riser cables to run all four of my new cards on the same board to save the costs.

Just saw it in the bill and it was 37,000 and not 40,000.  Cheesy And btw what kind of machine do you have for mining and how many KH/s do you get? Like which processor, power supply and how much RAM have you got?
nawazish1

PXC Research Team

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 03:21:37 PM

I bought here.

Just saw it in the bill and it was 37,000 and not 40,000.  Cheesy And btw what kind of machine do you have for mining and how many KH/s do you get? Like which processor, power supply and how much RAM have you got?

Mobo: Gigabyte H77-DS3H
Processor: Intel Dual core G2020 LGA 1155
Ram: 4 GB Value select DDR 3
Hdd: 40 GB sata
PSU: Cooler Master M2 PRO 1000 Watts.

Total Average KH/s: 1870 Kh/s or 1.87 Mh/s

Will upload a Pic or tw as well but now load shedding time.lol.

Evilish

Bitcoin to the moon!

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 03:27:13 PM

I bought here.

Just saw it in the bill and it was 37,000 and not 40,000.  Cheesy And btw what kind of machine do you have for mining and how many KH/s do you get? Like which processor, power supply and how much RAM have you got?

Wow that's nice. How much did the whole build cost you?
And haha, same here. It's loadshedding time here too.

Edit: And how much electricity bill do you have to pay monthly?
nawazish1

PXC Research Team

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 08:07:52 PM

Total cost was nearly 150,000 rs. Have yet to see monthly bill. Grin on a single GPU it was not a big difference.

Evilish

Bitcoin to the moon!

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 08:13:43 PM

Total cost was nearly 150,000 rs. Have yet to see monthly bill. Grin on a single GPU it was not a big difference.

I'm also waiting for power bill for this month, hopefully it won't be too much.
1.8 Mh/s after spending 150,000 is good. I get 1.2 Mh/s, spent 200,000 on my PC.
nawazish1

PXC Research Team

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 08:18:07 PM

1.8 Mh/s after spending 150,000 is good. I get 1.2 Mh/s, spent 200,000 on my PC.

200k is alot for that Shocked. I did alot of research before buying and got the best deal. Sorry forgot to tell you that I bought the Risers from Ali Exrpess. Got them dilvered in two weeks.

Evilish

Bitcoin to the moon!

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 08:28:01 PM

200k is alot for that Shocked. I did alot of research before buying and got the best deal. Sorry forgot to tell you that I bought the Risers from Ali Exrpess. Got them dilvered in two weeks.
My main mistake was to get an i7 processor because I thought low end CPUs wouldn't handle 2-3 GPUs. I'd also use something like crates as casing and it would cost less, but you know, I get friends and family members to visit every now and then and I don't want to tell much people about what I do.  Cheesy I'm also planning to get riser cables once I get some money for another GPU and might use Aliexpress or dx to order them from.
nawazish1

PXC Research Team

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 08:32:57 PM

My main mistake was to get an i7 processor because I thought low end CPUs wouldn't handle 2-3 GPUs. I'd also use something like crates as casing and it would cost less, but you know, I get friends and family members to visit every now and then and I don't want to tell much people about what I do.  Cheesy I'm also planning to get riser cables once I get some money for another GPU and might use Aliexpress or dx to order them from.

Family and friends are a big problem. Even if we want to tell them it will take a week to make them understand all this.  Cheesy.

Evilish

Bitcoin to the moon!

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 08:39:26 PM

Family and friends are a big problem. Even if we want to tell them it will take a week to make them understand all this.  Cheesy.

Yes true. Although my parents know about this and even my father gave me most of the money for the rig but they don't know how this exactly works. I once told a friend about mining and he was like, you're getting scammed. But what can we do, people here don't want to learn new things, they just want to work from morning till night for 10-20 thousand rupees.
nawazish1

PXC Research Team

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 08:50:11 PM

So let's talk about mining specifics, shall we Nawazish? What do you do in summer when it is too hot to run a GPU at full blast and even if you could keep it cool how do you deal with voltage fluctuations? I think it would cost too much to get a UPS for all the mining rigs. Keep in mind that in Karachi at least we have hot weather 9 months of the year with about 3-4 of those being extremely hot. You must run the GPU during a lot of those 9 months if you want to ROI.

Well Gigabyte GPUs don't go higher then 75C even in really hot weather. I used my HIS with one fan for 8-9 months and the temperature was at 70-80C at 570 Kh/s. So a two fan GPU can do much better.

I don't care about voltage fluctuations and load shedding. I have a simple stabilizer to keep my rig safe.

Well if we talk about ROI so it depends on strategy you are using. I prefer to mine the next big pump & dump coin. This time its Coinye. the second strategy is to use http://www.middlecoin.com/ pool. It mines the most profitable coin and pays in BTC.

To calculate profit per day on various coins use this site.

http://www.coinwarz.com/cryptocurrency

nawazish1

PXC Research Team

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 08:55:00 PM

Yes true. Although my parents know about this and even my father gave me most of the money for the rig but they don't know how this exactly works. I once told a friend about mining and he was like, you're getting scammed. But what can we do, people here don't want to learn new things, they just want to work from morning till night for 10-20 thousand rupees.

Same story here But for my first GPU. this it is the same but with a twist and its that I am holding the coins I mined previously. If I sell them now I can Easily buy a new rig and still will have money left for one more Rig. Grin Grin

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: