Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: token  (Read 95 times)
woagha (OP)

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 09:49:32 AM

what is a token? and how could I use it?
frowsiter

Activity: 714
Merit: 261

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 09:59:44 AM

Token : It is symbol and/or representative of issuing body which could be either established entity or ICO itself. Token represent you as the share holder of investment that you have made into that entity/ICO itself.

Entity would be matured company while ICO is Initial Coin Offering stage which is nothing but first appearance of that specific entity.

For example, Bitcoin is symbolised token of Bitcoin crypto project itself which provides you with means of transaction, store value etc.

You can use token for the purpose of its utility within or outside that project!

You can get your tokens from the direct purchases made in the ICO stages, if they are on exchanger then you can buy them or you can earn free from the bounty campaigns.
woagha (OP)

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 10:38:32 AM

Token : It is symbol and/or representative of issuing body which could be either established entity or ICO itself. Token represent you as the share holder of investment that you have made into that entity/ICO itself.

Entity would be matured company while ICO is Initial Coin Offering stage which is nothing but first appearance of that specific entity.

For example, Bitcoin is symbolised token of Bitcoin crypto project itself which provides you with means of transaction, store value etc.

You can use token for the purpose of its utility within or outside that project!

You can get your tokens from the direct purchases made in the ICO stages, if they are on exchanger then you can buy them or you can earn free from the bounty campaigns.
OK.if i have token on my ethereum address how to use them?
Skieleton

Activity: 686
Merit: 282

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 10:44:47 AM

he token is actually a new term referring to a value unit issued by a private entity. Although tokens have many similarities to bitcoins, they are more important than currency, because they can be used in a wider range of applications. Also virtually all tokens are based on the Blockchain Ethereum protocol, which according to experts is more complete than bitcoin blockade.

In other words, a token is a unit of value that an organization creates to manage its business model independently to enable users to interact with its products, and to facilitate the distribution and sharing of prizes and benefits with all interested parties.
liuqi

Activity: 1092
Merit: 257

LuckyB.it is Back!

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 10:50:40 AM

If you have Ethereum supporting token you have Ethereum also then only it is send to another one. Because your token is ERC 20 based. So you need some Ethereum but you should hold the token it Will make big success in future. If you need complete clarification research own otherwise you are not understand the Ethereum based Tokens.

JACS|JUST ANOTHER
COMMUNICATIONS
STACK
██     ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████     ██
████████████ █▄
████████████ ███▄
████████████ █████▄
████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
███████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
▄█████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀    ███████
████████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ████████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
█████████▌▐       █████████
██████████ ▄██▄  ██████████
████████████████▄██████████
▀█████████████████████████▀
███████████ ██ ████████████
███████▀▀▀▀ ▀▀ ▀▀██████████
████████▄   ▄▄▄▄  ▀████████
█████████   ████   ████████
█████████         ▀████████
█████████   ████    ███████
████████▀   ▀▀▀▀   ▄███████
███████▄▄▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄▄█████████
███████████ ██ ████████████
█████▄    ███████▀    ▄████
███████    █████▀    ██████
███████     ███▀     ██████
███████ █    █▀ █    ██████
███████ ██     ██    ██████
███████ ███   ███    ██████
█████▀   ▀██ ███▀    ▀█████
█████▀               ▀█████
████▌                 ▐████
████       ██▄▄        ████
████       ██████      ████
████       ██▀▀        ████
████▌                 ▐████
█████▄               ▄█████
woagha (OP)

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 10:51:12 AM

he token is actually a new term referring to a value unit issued by a private entity. Although tokens have many similarities to bitcoins, they are more important than currency, because they can be used in a wider range of applications. Also virtually all tokens are based on the Blockchain Ethereum protocol, which according to experts is more complete than bitcoin blockade.

In other words, a token is a unit of value that an organization creates to manage its business model independently to enable users to interact with its products, and to facilitate the distribution and sharing of prizes and benefits with all interested parties.
in this sense the token of the ethereum platform for example will always have a value lower than that of the ethereum if I understand well
frowsiter

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 10:53:02 AM

~snip~

If it is on the ETH address in your ERC20 supported wallet then you can trade it over the exchanger by sending the tokens.

For example, if you have IOST token and you want to use them to exchange for the purpose of getting BTC, ETH or any other coin that you need then just go and find the exchanger where it is listed first. In case of IOST it is already listed over 4-5 exchangers and lets pick Binance. Second step woudl be create the account on binance, then search for the IOST token in the wallet. There you can see the deposit option, by selecting that you can get the deposit address for the IOST. (You can send only IOST on this and however same procedure follows for other tokens too). Then come to your main wallet where you holding the tokens. Here copy the address of exchanger and paste it in the field of "To address". Input the amount and generate the transaction and click send. After sufficient confirmation you will see the IOST transferred to your exchanger wallet.

From here on wards you can trade your token with all the available pairs and thus obtain other currencies. If you get them converted to BTC then you can use BTC further to convert into fiat on your local wallet and then get the fiat money into you bank account.
frowsiter

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 10:59:28 AM

in this sense the token of the ethereum platform for example will always have a value lower than that of the ethereum if I understand well

Not really. You are confusing the whole idea of creating tokens. Its just entity representative and its real value depends on versatile factors. Like, how much investment is being made into it, what is the total market cap for that token, development of that token issuing project. All these, if inline with projects roadmaps (future plans) then people see it as opportunity to gain the profits by investing into its early stage where the prices are very low. As they keep on investing, its market cap grows and thus its value starts rising.

Now this value can keep on increasing all the time no matter what is the value of ETH itself.

For instance BCH is altcoin whose price is $ 1398 at the current time. Its all about the facts that i mentioned above who decides the prices.

ETH is getting its value in the similar manner,( how much its being utilised!)
ArkiCrypto

Activity: 238
Merit: 33

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 10:59:52 AM

There are differnt kinds of token you can get such as utility token, security token, etc.

Utility tokens
"Also called user tokens or app coins, represent future access to a company’s product or service. The defining characteristic of utility tokens is that they are not designed as investments; if properly structured, this feature exempts utility tokens them from federal laws governing securities."
ICO 101: Utility Tokens vs. Security Tokens - Strategic Coin. (2018, March 13). Retrieved from https://strategiccoin.com/ico-101-utility-tokens-vs-security-tokens/

Security tokens
"This category of tokens represents assets such as participation in real physical underlyings, companies, or earnings streams, or an entitlement to dividends or interest payments."
ICOscoring. (2018, March 6). Types of tokens. The four mistakes beginner crypto-investors make. Retrieved from https://medium.com/swlh/types-of-tokens-the-four-mistakes-beginner-crypto-investors-make-a76b53be5406

There are things you can do with the tokens that you've got
1. Trade it to bitcoin through exchange sites
2. Use it to the application or where you can use it.

Check more here in order to learn more about tokens:
https://strategiccoin.com/ico-101-utility-tokens-vs-security-tokens/
https://medium.com/swlh/types-of-tokens-the-four-mistakes-beginner-crypto-investors-make-a76b53be5406
https://cryptocurrencyfacts.com/what-is-a-cryptocurrency-token/
https://masterthecrypto.com/differences-between-cryptocurrency-coins-and-tokens/

kraterion

Activity: 616
Merit: 145

🚀🚀 ATHERO.IO 🚀🚀

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 11:06:13 AM

Ethereum's tokens (ERC20 and ERC223) are basically smart contracts running on the ethereum virtual machine. Since they are smart contracts you need gas (ETH's fees) to interact with them, for example to send them to another ETH address, to burn them, to unlock them etc...

▀▀█▄▄    [websitewhitepaper]  ❒  ATHERO  ❒  .Internet 3.0 solution    ▄▄█▀▀
  A revolutionary decentralized digital economy 
▄▄█▀▀    Twitter  ◽  Facebook  ◽  Telegram  ◽  Youtube  ◽  Github   ▀▀█▄▄
woagha (OP)

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 11:10:43 AM

~snip~

If it is on the ETH address in your ERC20 supported wallet then you can trade it over the exchanger by sending the tokens.

For example, if you have IOST token and you want to use them to exchange for the purpose of getting BTC, ETH or any other coin that you need then just go and find the exchanger where it is listed first. In case of IOST it is already listed over 4-5 exchangers and lets pick Binance. Second step woudl be create the account on binance, then search for the IOST token in the wallet. There you can see the deposit option, by selecting that you can get the deposit address for the IOST. (You can send only IOST on this and however same procedure follows for other tokens too). Then come to your main wallet where you holding the tokens. Here copy the address of exchanger and paste it in the field of "To address". Input the amount and generate the transaction and click send. After sufficient confirmation you will see the IOST transferred to your exchanger wallet.

From here on wards you can trade your token with all the available pairs and thus obtain other currencies. If you get them converted to BTC then you can use BTC further to convert into fiat on your local wallet and then get the fiat money into you bank account.
ok but how long does it take for a token to be listed on an exchanger?
papagapa

Activity: 392
Merit: 11

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 09:25:32 AM

Token is a voucher that can be exchanged for goods or services, typically one given as a gift or offered as part of a promotional offer. You may spend it, hold it, buy it.
Mateo123

Activity: 182

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 03:52:27 AM

Token is a unit of value that an organization creates to self govern its business model and empower its users to interact with its products, while facilitating the distribution and sharing of rewards and benefits to all  Of its stakeholders,it is more than a currency bec. They can be used in a broader range of applications, also tokens rely on eth blockchain protocol, which according to experts is more complete than bitcoin blockchain.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: