Bitcoin Forum
July 29, 2024, 02:22:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Advantage of Peercoin to Bitcoin  (Read 858 times)
Witty01 (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 24, 2013, 07:02:11 PM

I have read that Peercoin, unlike Bitcoin, allows for an increase the supply of coin should the limit be reached. It is presently centralized in control (Unlike bitcoin) but will be de-centralized "after a large amount of users are using peercoin". If it can be controlled to the point where it can be de-centralized, why cant it be re-centeralized again? Its design seems to defeat the purpose of free digital currency..
PenAndPaper

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 24, 2013, 07:05:10 PM

I have read that Peercoin, unlike Bitcoin, allows for an increase the supply of coin should the limit be reached.

The limited supply of bitcoins is not a concern by any means. You may want to check here
http://bitcoin.org/en/faq#wont-the-finite-amount-of-bitcoins-be-a-limitation
Witty01 (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 24, 2013, 07:12:10 PM

I have read that Peercoin, unlike Bitcoin, allows for an increase the supply of coin should the limit be reached.

The limited supply of bitcoins is not a concern by any means. You may want to check here
http://bitcoin.org/en/faq#wont-the-finite-amount-of-bitcoins-be-a-limitation

Thanks for the link PenAndPaper.
I am really more concerned about the ability of Peercoin to be able to make changes to the structure of its currency unlike Bitcoin which is a fixed structure. Is this a good thing for a digital currency?
PenAndPaper

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 24, 2013, 09:01:19 PM

Well as long as there are not any serious issues like scalability or other i guess it's a good thing.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: