Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 05:47:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [2018-04-30] Forbes - Japan pushes exchanges to drop 'criminal' coins  (Read 107 times)
gentlemand (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3013

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 11:31:59 AM

https://www.forbes.com/sites/adelsteinjake/2018/04/30/japans-financial-regulator-is-pushing-crypto-exchanges-to-drop-altcoins-favored-by-criminals/#3db0453c1b8a

The Japanese financial regulator is nudging exchanges there to drop coins with privacy baked in. I can well see the same being 'suggested' to all exchanges everywhere as more of them fall into regulatory line.

By the point it's everywhere I can see things like atomic swaps making it something users will shrug off, but it's an area that isn't speculated on enough. I for one am not surprised in the slightest.
jseverson

Activity: 1834
Merit: 759

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 01:10:26 PM

I'm not surprised either. Bitcoin anonymity was a big issue a while back despite being only pseudonymous, so it's not at all surprising that they'd have a bigger fit over fully anonymous cryptocurrencies. It's only a matter of time until the rest of the world follows in my opinion. It sucks, but hey, if you truly wanted to use a fully anonymous crypto, it would be a bad idea to route it through an exchange anyway. Those who are using them purely for anonymous utility shouldn't be hurt too badly.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: