Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 07:00:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ## 1320 ASICMINER DIRECT SHARES @0.29[btc] - 7 DAYS AUCTION - ESCROW POSSIBLE ##  (Read 19899 times)
SebastianJu (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1082

Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile

View Profile WWW
November 30, 2013, 08:42:42 PM

Will you send PMs to everyone with payment addresses?

Yes... i now start with it. I gave everyone a unique address and now wrote some text snippets for calc to create the pm's. You will get it in a couple minutes.

Please ALWAYS contact me through bitcointalk pm before sending someone coins.
SebastianJu (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 30, 2013, 09:13:50 PM

Every winning bidder should have gotten a pm by now... let me know if i missed someone or something.

SebastianJu (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 30, 2013, 09:28:54 PM

After payment please dont forget to give me your Bitcoin Address that i should give friedcat so that he can move the shares to it.

data

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 09:46:40 PM

You wrote something about signing in your message. Do you want a specific message signed or was this just as a hint to us in case we ever want to sell them?
SebastianJu (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 30, 2013, 10:18:42 PM

You wrote something about signing in your message. Do you want a specific message signed or was this just as a hint to us in case we ever want to sell them?

It was only a hint since it might be needed at some point that you prove that its really an address you control.

Regarding signatures... please be cautious with it: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=353708

Its only a warning. I dont know of a case where it has been misused. But i see the potential for scam in it.

chriswilmer
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
November 30, 2013, 10:36:58 PM

It was only a hint since it might be needed at some point that you prove that its really an address you control.

Regarding signatures... please be cautious with it: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=353708

Its only a warning. I dont know of a case where it has been misused. But i see the potential for scam in it.

Heh, are you saying we should have asked YOU for a more specific signature? You didn't include a date... :p
SebastianJu (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 30, 2013, 10:54:26 PM

Heh, are you saying we should have asked YOU for a more specific signature? You didn't include a date... :p

No... i dont need a signature at all. I only need a bitcoin address and the payment. But the bitcoin address should be an address you can sign a message with so that you can proof you control that address.

The post about signatures is only because i got and gave a lot signatures and i noticed that a lot of them are dangerous and could be recycled by a scammer. It was only a hint to be cautious in case you really create a signature sometimes.

But nobody needs to send me a signature now.

greatscott

Activity: 45
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 11:27:56 PM

Doesn't Friedcat usually keep an email address associated with the Bitcoin address as well? At least that's what was needed when dealing w/ share x-fers w/ Burnside + TAT...

I think you might need to collect some email addresses as well: https://www.havelockinvestments.com/fund.php?symbol=AM1

-S
User705
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1006

First 100% Liquid Stablecoin Backed by Gold

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 11:30:12 PM

Quick question that was raised before by me.  There are some overbids here and in general auction rules they simply get filled at lowest available price.  Original description doesn't mention that.  OP can you clarify how you see it please.

SebastianJu (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 30, 2013, 11:57:04 PM

Doesn't Friedcat usually keep an email address associated with the Bitcoin address as well? At least that's what was needed when dealing w/ share x-fers w/ Burnside + TAT...

I think you might need to collect some email addresses as well: https://www.havelockinvestments.com/fund.php?symbol=AM1

-S

Friedcat keeps email addresses in his list but its not needed though he prefers to have this data. If someone wishes i can give the email address to friedcat too. Simply send me a pm then.

Quick question that was raised before by me.  There are some overbids here and in general auction rules they simply get filled at lowest available price.  Original description doesn't mention that.  OP can you clarify how you see it please.

Im not quite sure if i know what you mean but there are 34 bidders that lost their shares completely and didnt bid back in. One guy lost 2 of his 3 shares. I still have this list of dropped out shares.

If you mean something different please explain more detailed.

ThickAsThieves

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 11:58:24 PM

-S

Yes, it is in your best interest to include an email address in your registration with Friedcat.
User705
Legendary

View Profile
December 01, 2013, 12:07:14 AM

Quick question that was raised before by me.  There are some overbids here and in general auction rules they simply get filled at lowest available price.  Original description doesn't mention that.  OP can you clarify how you see it please.

Im not quite sure if i know what you mean but there are 34 bidders that lost their shares completely and didnt bid back in. One guy lost 2 of his 3 shares. I still have this list of dropped out shares.

There are a few bidders myself included who have a bid that's above the .32 needed to win this auction.  I personally bid higher in order to not have to keep checking and also to be the 1st bidder at that level if it would have gotten that high.  In general auctions it's called an absentee bid.  And generally if a bidder wins an absentee bid they don't pay the max price they bid but pay the minimum price it takes to win.

SebastianJu (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 01, 2013, 12:18:59 AM

There are a few bidders myself included who have a bid that's above the .32 needed to win this auction.  I personally bid higher in order to not have to keep checking and also to be the 1st bidder at that level if it would have gotten that high.  In general auctions it's called an absentee bid.  And generally if a bidder wins an absentee bid they don't pay the max price they bid but pay the minimum price it takes to win.

I never heard of that. If that would be true then anyone only would place a bid for 1 share at 0.32, 0.33,0.34,0.35 and 100 shares at 2btc. At the end he can be sure that the lowest bid is somewhere in the range he bid on 0.32-0.35 and with the 2btc he ensured that he gets 100 shares for the lowest price. I cant possibly imagine that this is used in an auction somewhere. Normally you bid higher to get the product you want for sure to not being bid out.

-S

Yes, it is in your best interest to include an email address in your registration with Friedcat.

I now sent a pm to all winners to ask for an email i can give to friedcat.

User705
Legendary

View Profile
December 01, 2013, 12:43:50 AM

That's the strangest statement I've seen.  Maybe it's a language barrier.  In your example the bidder would not get to buy items at a price below somebody else's bid and I'm not asking that either.  In any auction I can call an auction house and leave a maximum bid with them.  When the auction occurs the auctioneer bids for me at the proper bid increments until either someone overbids me or I win but at no time does the price magically jump to my highest bid if there isn't a bidder that bid one increment below me.

ThunderSheep

Activity: 88
Merit: 10

The sheep who walks through walls.

View Profile
December 01, 2013, 12:46:38 AM

What you describe sounds more like a second item auction. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dutch_auction#A_second_item_auction)

In a second item auction, the seller offers more than one identical item for sale, so that there may be more than one winning bidder. Each bidder can bid for all the items or only some of them, and publicly indicates the price that he/she is willing to pay for each item. However, all winning bidders need to pay only the lowest qualifying (successful) bid. If there are more successful bids than items available, priority goes to the bidders who submitted their bids first.

In order to beat a competing bidder, one must bid a higher price per item than that competitor, regardless of the number of items that are being bid for.
SebastianJu (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 01, 2013, 01:11:09 AM

Thanks ThunderSheep for the explaination.

That's the strangest statement I've seen.  Maybe it's a language barrier.  In your example the bidder would not get to buy items at a price below somebody else's bid and I'm not asking that either.  In any auction I can call an auction house and leave a maximum bid with them.  When the auction occurs the auctioneer bids for me at the proper bid increments until either someone overbids me or I win but at no time does the price magically jump to my highest bid if there isn't a bidder that bid one increment below me.

Im not ebay. I never stated that there will be steps in between or something. I never saw an auction here on the forum that worked this way nor do i know that sothebys would lower bids until 1 Euro above the previous bid at the end. You saw the bid status all the time too. So i wonder why you now await to get a discount because lower bids won too.
I stated bids are binding and you gave your bid. If there were such rules that the winning bidders only pay the lowest winning bid until overbidden i would have stated this.
Normally one bids high to ensure that he gets the item and is not overbidden. That is the same in all open auctions i know. Only ebay has another system running.

ThickAsThieves

Activity: 518

View Profile
December 01, 2013, 01:42:55 AM

User705 is on my ignore list, obviously for good reason. He's probably just weaseling out of the bid, nothing more.

It's been a while since I suggested such, but every auction should probably have something to the following effect:

"If you have are not yet a Full Member (3-coin forum rating), or have a negative trust rating, or are on my ignore list, your bids will not be counted unless a full backing payment to 1XYz1234568lhugfTGfkif22334 accompanies your bid. Any bid increases by such individuals must also be paid in full before they are respected as real bids. If such bidders lose an auction, all sent coins will be refunded to the address they were sent from."
User705
Legendary

View Profile
December 01, 2013, 01:49:26 AM

User705 is on my ignore list, obviously for good reason. He's probably just weaseling out of the bid, nothing more.

It's been a while since I suggested such, but every auction should probably have something to the following effect:

"If you have are not yet a Full Member (3-coin forum rating), or have a negative trust rating, or are on my ignore list, your bids will not be counted unless a full backing payment to 1XYz1234568lhugfTGfkif22334 accompanies your bid. Any bid increases by such individuals must also be paid in full before they are respected as real bids. If such bidders lose an auction, all sent coins will be refunded to the address they were sent from."
That's actually an excellent idea.  Binding bids by sending payments would work well although the reason sellers don't like to do it is it removes the auction excitement and tends to lower final bids. 
On an unrelated note I'm now on someone's ignore list.  It's like a milestone.   Grin  You know what they say.  You can learn a lot more about a man by his enemies then his friends. 

SebastianJu (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 01, 2013, 01:52:19 AM

Yes... there are a couple of rules and suggestions that could/should be included into the tutorial to make auctions work better.

spartan82

Activity: 658

View Profile
December 01, 2013, 01:58:59 AM

Thats a great idea, but should be enforced with every user not just "3 coin forum rating" users. I myself am not a 3 coin rating yet though I have been a member of this forum for 8 months now and involved with bitcoin trades every day for a while longer than that. I think ive earnt my stripes just as much as full members have.. None the less, excellent idea to ensure that only bidders that are prepared to go through with their bids are the only ones involved in the auction.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: