Bitcoin Forum
June 08, 2024, 12:44:52 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Building otc exchange  (Read 121 times)
LUKEEEEE (OP)

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 01:39:17 PM

Not sure where to post this...

I was wondering if buildning otc exchane btc-eth-ltc-zec-xlm is worth an ico. I know how to build it, i just dont have monetary iniciative. Is this worth anything?

I think its also possible to implement eth on lightning network. Is this worth a thing?
AdolfinWolf
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1427

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 01:50:54 PM

I was wondering if buildning otc exchane btc-eth-ltc-zec-xlm is worth an ico. I know how to build it, i just dont have monetary iniciative. Is this worth anything?

I think its also possible to implement eth on lightning network. Is this worth a thing?

Seems like you're a little late to the party, https://otcexchange.company/, https://next.exchange/, https://bitcoinexchangeguide.com/off-exchange/

It looks like there's already  a dozen of these kind of exchanges out there. They all seem a bit scammy though.

Looks like you will need to have a lot of unique features to stand out, otherwise people will just invest in the bigger companies/ICO's that are already out there.

LUKEEEEE (OP)

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 09:58:42 AM

ive skimmed throught those exchanges and they seem fishy. Other thing i noticed is they somehow enforce fee on otc trading.
My guess is they create tx with two outputs. One for trade and one for fee. Inputs are given when trade offer is made. There is also htlc script in it. Then this tx is signed and broadcasted to other party.
Tech savy user could abuse that and remove second output before signing tx Smiley

What do you think about implementing lightning network compatible eth contract. Would anyone use it? Is anyone prepared to pay for that?
mithrim

Activity: 434
Merit: 436

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 12:58:54 PM
Last edit: May 01, 2018, 01:16:08 PM by mithrim

Just do a proper market screening and you'll see that there are a lot of projects that have similar ideas in regards to building an exchange. A common SWOT analysis or SWOT matrix would help you answer this question:

Also, I'd suggest to do a spell checking next time  Wink
MintDice

Activity: 238
Merit: 46

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 05:11:07 PM

Perhaps marketplace->service announcements would be a better place?

Good luck mate!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: