Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 11:44:50 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Iran Next In Line With Its National Cryptocurrency  (Read 219 times)
Divinityxd (OP)

Activity: 140
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 01:39:30 PM

Digital currency fever: After central bank ban, Iran develops own national cryptocurrency

It has been only last week that the central bank of Iran prohibited local banks and credit institutions from dealing in cryptocurrencies like bitcoin in the wake of rising concerns regarding money laundering. The country is going through a currency crisis as Rial dropped down to its lowest ahead of the possible return of sanctions from the US.

Continue reading: https://coingape.com/iran-next-with-national-cryptocurrency/
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Rozita

Activity: 658
Merit: 108

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 01:51:46 PM

National cryptocurrency? What is that?
As, they worry about money laundering, so most probably, they want to create something which they can control transactions. Before trying to create that, they should know that they are not create a cryptocurrency. A cryptocurrency must be decentralized.
chidrawarster

Activity: 406
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 02:03:36 PM

We do not know their actual intention of what they are going to do with their national currency and how are they going to stabilise their currency as well.The main reason for adopting their own cryptocurrency would be to improve the transparency and also avoid money deficit so that the whole process can be decentralised and also imcrease the no of transactions as well.

S P O R T S F I X           ●   BE A GAME CHANGER   ●
|     Whitepaper     |     Twitter     |     Telegram     |     Medium     |
████████████ [ Join SPORTSFIX ] ████████████
BrewMaster
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1292

There is trouble abrewing

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 02:21:33 PM

]Digital currency fever: After central bank ban, Iran develops own national cryptocurrency

instead of constantly making poorly researched articles on your website you need to do some quick search at least on the internet to see what is happening then write copy paste some content.

the ban happened last week or maybe 10 days ago but the plan for creating a new centralized cryptocurrency was in motion a couple of months back. the banks even made an official announcement and invitation for everyone who can to join them in making the currency.

There is a FOMO brewing...
freesia_pnp888

Activity: 112
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 02:51:40 PM

wow, so i think pretty small countries are laying their cards on this game better than big countries.
ivrynx

Activity: 518
Merit: 103

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 10:11:24 PM

This move might have some influence with its allies, specifically russia, since they are open to cryptocurrency, no doubt sooner or later its allies will also venture in it, and since the US think they can control everything, this time they might use a crypto currency that will be used in order to transact oil rather than using petrodollar, and since their country had been at war for sometime, they might see the use of cryptocurrency differently than those at west, who use cryptocurrency more of an asset than as a currency,  hopefully there maybe peace in the middle east once they all have their own cryptocurrency, instead of using the petrodollar.
ahmadakbari

Activity: 602
Merit: 116

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 10:40:44 PM

This move might have some influence with its allies, specifically russia, since they are open to cryptocurrency, no doubt sooner or later its allies will also venture in it, and since the US think they can control everything, this time they might use a crypto currency that will be used in order to transact oil rather than using petrodollar, and since their country had been at war for sometime, they might see the use of cryptocurrency differently than those at west, who use cryptocurrency more of an asset than as a currency,  hopefully there maybe peace in the middle east once they all have their own cryptocurrency, instead of using the petrodollar.

You are right. It's the best use of cryptocurrencies for the countries that have trouble in international transactions. Cryptocurrecnies can be useful for making transactions without permission of a third party. And there is a high probability that Iran will create a cryptocurrency for such purposes.
boy130

Activity: 616
Merit: 263

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 10:58:17 PM

Very suspicious how all the countries with hyperinflation look to create a cryptocurrency... E.g. Venezuala, Greece and now Iran. This must be some way of sucking money from outside countries into their country like a cash injection. Most of these countries have sanctions on them by the US and EU which prevents the amount of money that can enter and leave the country, and the trade they can do with the rest of the world. This is probably just an attempt to briefly save their failing economies by tricking the rest of the world into investing.
Kokondao

Activity: 167

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 11:33:09 PM

If fiat money in their country is low and it can greatly affect the state finances, and with the solution of creating my own crypto money like that I think that's a very good idea for a country.
Cryptohad

Activity: 229

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 11:38:58 PM

this is what makes the bitcoin value back falling again, and I observe it as planned when bitcoin will end the correction, and when bitcoin will recover from instability, FUD suddenly comes to make the crypto market back down.

there is someone who can explain to me! why ?
kastara

Activity: 560
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 12:09:29 AM

How can digital currency fever but develop cryptocureencey, in my opinion cryptocurrency in it there bitcoin and some other coin. So how do they forbid bitcoin while bitcoin is part of cryptocurrency, so if I can argue let bitcoin be one part of the development of the era against technology so that we can all feel from the development of that era, maybe bitcoin is created to keep the social gap too high between rich and poor so there is economic development because everyone can feel what others feel
Iggor

Activity: 64
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 01:12:46 AM

It could be possible if they get pushed by the US.
Financial independence is easier with crypto.

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ ✅ PRiVCY (PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project ● ☞ ✅ Best privacy crypto-market! ● █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ─────────────────║ WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ║─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June]✅[Tor]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet ➢ ✓ Windows  |  ✓ macOS  |  ✓ Linux
Roman Coinson

Merit: 12

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 10:33:33 PM

In my opinion, it is a foolish idea to create a state crypto currency. Since the main purpose of the cryptoworld is independence from the government
kache2018

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 10:40:45 PM

How true bitcoin becomes a national cryptocurrency? National means sovereignty and is government embodied. Is this even possible knowing that bitcoin is decentralized?
BrewMaster
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1292

There is trouble abrewing

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 03:56:33 AM

In my opinion, it is a foolish idea to create a state crypto currency. Since the main purpose of the cryptoworld is independence from the government

it is the technology and being open source means anyone can use it for anything they like. the main purpose of bitcoin is being decentralized, independent and all that but this is not the purpose of cryptocurrency.
the main purpose of a cryptocurrency is to be a currency based on cryptography which brings speed, security and easy control. this can be very useful in a payment system too which is why a lot of countries/banks are looking into it.

There is a FOMO brewing...
Veterock

Activity: 238
Merit: 15

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 08:54:56 PM

I can not understand how the crypto currency can be "National"!! This completely contradicts all the logic of crypto currency!
justine11

Activity: 336
Merit: 12

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 09:12:44 PM

How true bitcoin becomes a national cryptocurrency? National means sovereignty and is government embodied. Is this even possible knowing that bitcoin is decentralized?
lol. wait what? bitcoin isn't the the topic it's all about iran making their own cryptocurrency i suggest that you should read the OPs post before posting lies just make up your signature campaign required posts in order to be paid.

I can not understand how the crypto currency can be "National"!! This completely contradicts all the logic of crypto currency!
huh? i don't think that being "National" contradicts the purpose of cryptocurrency since they making payments more faster and easier but the problem is it is only centralized. This only contradicts the purpose of bitcoin not all cryptocurrencies sine they have their purpose
ladydark

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 11:22:49 PM

As, they worry about money laundering, so most probably, they want to create something which they can control transactions. Before trying to create that, they should know that they are not create a cryptocurrency. A cryptocurrency must be decentralized.
Yes they are just going to create a digital currency.Already,iran discussed about accepting bitcoin as a secondary currency to avoid US sanctions But now,totally they have taken a U turn.

ZeidFreak

Activity: 200
Merit: 10

Macho Gwapito ako!

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 11:28:12 PM

Yes they are just going to create a digital currency.Already,iran discussed about accepting bitcoin as a secondary currency to avoid US sanctions But now,totally they have taken a U turn.
Wow so this is a mass adoption. i'm sure that neighboring countries or muslim countries will adopt the blockchain technology with this kind of system i'm sure Iran could help the asian borders to accept bitcoin and cryptocurrency as the main currency of the future.
Whibu

Activity: 186
Merit: 3

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 11:46:16 PM

If Iran does or uses the national crypto currency I think it's pretty good to anticipate the fear of money laundering using bitcoin, but I think the bitcoin wallet is also easy to track.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: