Bitcoin Forum
July 07, 2024, 06:36:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: newbe 1st post  (Read 2091 times)
acsalles

Activity: 343
Merit: 11

Rangers.Protocol

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 02:52:32 PM

Welcome, I am also newbie and wanna be free to contribute with this community. I am learning a lot in the last weeks navigating through the topics.

|   Facebook   |     Twitter     |                    R A N G E R S                    |    Discord    |    Medium    |
|    Telegram    |                    ─────     PROTOCOL     ─────                    |    Gitbook    |
████  ███  ██  █          VIRTUAL WORLDS BLOCKCHAIN INFRASTRUCTURE          █  ██  ███  ████
Jalockin

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 03:07:27 PM

Quick question......

Why are you guys mining with GPU ? Seriously..... I can pull out around 600 mH/s from my single Radeon HD7950, but that is no way near to pay for the cost of electricity.
So unless you guys have free electricity you could aswell pour money down the toilet instead.
Please correct me if i'm wrong....

J.
jytou

Activity: 153
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 03:18:36 PM

Hi all,
currently scrypt mining with 2 GPU (3rd on the way when I put them all in a dedicated case)... have seen quite a few posts to which I would have liked to reply here... so I'm posting here to hopefully get unlocked).
Typically this one: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=375304.0
He wrote paccword instead of password...
linkgabbie

Activity: 9

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 03:23:23 PM

Hi all,
This is an excellent forum for getting info. I'm mining via GPU & have some dedicated hardware on the way. Looking forward to participating.
Steve

Mine too!
pyromaniac123

Activity: 1

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 04:50:38 PM

First post here. Currently mining dogecoins with cpu although I hope to save up enough to buy a decent gfx card so I can mine with that.
TheWulff

Activity: 10

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 06:00:28 PM

Lol. This whole post is comedy
netopic

Activity: 2

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 06:13:53 PM

What's with the newbie post limits? Apparently I need to post some so I can post in the forum I'd like to post in post haste.
SlidingHorn

Activity: 196

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 06:16:17 PM

What's with the newbie post limits? Apparently I need to post some so I can post in the forum I'd like to post in post haste.

Only takes 1 post...

You also need to log 4 hours of active time in the forum.  After that, you can go wherever you'd like Smiley

bertwgreen

Activity: 3

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 06:17:40 PM

Hi All

I am new to this site but have been studying Bitcoin and altcoins for most of the past year, and trading for about 6 months.

I've been occasionally reading various posts here and have found lots of good info. I am hoping to contribute as well.

My art gallery Bert Green Fine Art in Chicago recently announced that we are accepting bitcoin for payment. I am also looking for artists who have an interest in Bitcoin, perhaps to explore ways to incorporate this technology into their practice.

Thanks
TheWulff

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 06:36:38 PM

Hi All

I am new to this site but have been studying Bitcoin and altcoins for most of the past year, and trading for about 6 months.

I've been occasionally reading various posts here and have found lots of good info. I am hoping to contribute as well.

My art gallery Bert Green Fine Art in Chicago recently announced that we are accepting bitcoin for payment. I am also looking for artists who have an interest in Bitcoin, perhaps to explore ways to incorporate this technology into their practice.

Thanks

What's the website to your art gallery?
bertwgreen

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 06:48:44 PM

website is at bgfa.us
TheWulff

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 06:51:00 PM

thanks bud
DaMoonIsDaFuture

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 06:53:31 PM

hi peops

willister

Activity: 6

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 07:01:35 PM

Quick question......

Why are you guys mining with GPU ? Seriously..... I can pull out around 600 mH/s from my single Radeon HD7950, but that is no way near to pay for the cost of electricity.
So unless you guys have free electricity you could aswell pour money down the toilet instead.
Please correct me if i'm wrong....

J.

You gotta think longer term. Not all coins are worth mining depending on your setup. If you can eek out some profitable coins early on and hold on to them, then eventually you may be able to recoup some cost. I'm ok with adding a few bucks a day for my mining now when it'll be worth more later. I'm still kicking myself for not being more patient with BTC a few years ago. I'll probably switch to ASICs for alt coins sometime in the future though. I need my gpu for other stuff.
jytou

Activity: 153

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 09:17:51 PM

GPUs are definitely lame to mine sha-based coins, but it's still very competitive for scrypt-based coins. Wink And CPUs are still good (at least until we reach the first threshold - very soon) for quark-based coins.
looni

Activity: 18

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 09:28:30 PM

Another n00b that joined for the dogecoin here.

Got a couple of GPUs up and running for 1280KH/s, love my gaming rigs, and got to turn of the heater. Much win! Smiley

Will be interesting to see how this flies...

doge to the moon, take me with!
DNsgXqRhkw9nQUxra6vir8tVLWrSwnuYjh very appreciate, if you like Wink

Ps. the timing / ip thing is rather annoying. Says I posted in the last 6 minutes, but I haven't been a member for more than 2...
Apothesoft

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 09:48:11 PM

Here's a great link for newbee's:

http://www.weusecoins.com/en/

darin2risk

Activity: 11

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 10:11:03 PM