Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 10:33:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Time to buy on the MyBitcoin News?  (Read 2417 times)
Bitcoin Swami (OP)

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 05, 2011, 04:33:29 AM

Yeah No?
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
fcmatt
Legendary

Activity: 2072
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 05, 2011, 04:43:21 AM

no.. the mybitcoin news just accelerated the down trend that was going to happen anyway.
single digits is the buy point but one has to pick their poison at what digit it will be. 8 is popular.
Bitcoin Swami (OP)

View Profile
August 05, 2011, 04:59:08 AM

no.. the mybitcoin news just accelerated the down trend that was going to happen anyway.
single digits is the buy point but one has to pick their poison at what digit it will be. 8 is popular.

So is Brittney spears.
grod

Activity: 154

View Profile
August 05, 2011, 05:27:59 AM

What's the rush?  If the bulls were going to drive this back to 14 they'd have done it by now.  I suspect we'll be in a 10-11 trading range for a bit before drifting lower.

In other words, 11 is the new 14. 

A bit upset I missed the 14 this weekend for dumping, but them's the breaks.  Selling what I mined at 11 because I'm sure I'll get more at 8-9.  Or even 5-6.  Too many bulls around, this is nowhere near capitulation needed before we have the next runup.  I think we have another month or two of slow pain before then.
Bitcoin Swami (OP)

View Profile
August 05, 2011, 05:31:16 AM

What's the rush?  If the bulls were going to drive this back to 14 they'd have done it by now.  I suspect we'll be in a 10-11 trading range for a bit before drifting lower.

A bit upset I missed the 14 this weekend for dumping, but them's the breaks.  Selling what I mined at 11 because I'm sure I'll get more at 8-9.  Or even 5-6.  Too many bulls around, this is nowhere near capitulation needed before we have the next runup.  I think we have another month or two of slow pain before then.

No rush, its just exciting when the market is rockin upward.  Bear markets are so boring, like watching 2 midgets mate.
FlipPro
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1015

View Profile
August 05, 2011, 05:41:51 AM

We are def in rally mode right now, we hit unprecedented lows, and miners are starting to get the hang of trading...
grod

View Profile
August 05, 2011, 05:46:20 AM

Oh, I find it QUITE exciting.  Everyone's standing near the exit, expecting the pyramid to collapse at any moment.  People follow the bear leadership with wild abandon, the bull part not so much.   How about that bearish divergence on the volume and MACD both in the past 2 days vs anemic rally we're in?

This beats the multi-weak paralysis and flatline on every indicator handily.  Now *THIS* is an emotion driven market I can trade.

Oldminer
Legendary

Activity: 1022

View Profile
August 05, 2011, 05:48:03 AM

We are def in rally mode right now, we hit unprecedented lows, and miners are starting to get the hang of trading...

lol..pretty stagnant rally  Roll Eyes

If you like my post please feel free to give me some positive rep https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust;u=18639
Tip me BTC: 1FBmoYijXVizfYk25CpiN8Eds9J6YiRDaX
FlipPro
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1015

View Profile
August 05, 2011, 05:50:06 AM

Where do you think our bottom lies?
grod

View Profile
August 05, 2011, 05:50:36 AM

I believe the word he was looking for was "dead cat bounce", but hey.  Any rally in a storm.
cloon

Activity: 387
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 05, 2011, 06:01:47 AM

the dead cat first has to tuch the floor to bounce.
floor<1$

weve seen it at mtgox crash, but on the floor was a trampoline....

donations to 13zWUMSHA7AzGjqWmJNhJLYZxHmjNPKduY
Oldminer
Legendary

Activity: 1022

View Profile
August 05, 2011, 07:30:57 AM
Last edit: August 05, 2011, 08:35:17 AM by Oldminer

lol..pretty stagnant rally  Roll Eyes
Where do you think our bottom lies?

I have no idea but I'm beginning to wonder if the bottom will not come until there has been a major redistribution of the wealth. We may also hit several false bottoms on the way down. Of course I could be wrong too.

If you like my post please feel free to give me some positive rep https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust;u=18639
Tip me BTC: 1FBmoYijXVizfYk25CpiN8Eds9J6YiRDaX
Technomage
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 1056

Affordable Physical Bitcoins - Denarium.com

View Profile WWW
August 05, 2011, 10:45:54 AM

I seriously doubt a price lower than $9 unless there is a further decrease in rate of adoption and more bad news. Right now some good news (such as restored sepa-transfers, new client with encryption etc) could actually start a real rally. In this situation there is not going to be any rallies out of thin air, something concrete needs to happen, a positive signal of some sort. And the most useful signals are those that actually help people participate better (like the two issues I mentioned).

Google trends is going up right now, add some good news in the mix and we will have a real rally. But not before that, so let's just wait.

Denarium closing sale discounts now up to 43%! Check out our products from here!
phorensic

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 05, 2011, 05:23:14 PM

I don't think we are in rally mode, but I sure did learn how to trade over the last couple days through the craziness.  Made a couple % here and there.
fcmatt
Legendary

Activity: 2072

View Profile
August 06, 2011, 05:20:51 PM

So is Brittney spears.

that value of 8 i mentioned was a low reached a few days ago... and here it is again. very popular.
it is not a bad time to buy hoping it will stretch back up to 10 in a few days.. until the market realizes
it really was worth single digits.
bittersweet

Activity: 222

View Profile
August 06, 2011, 05:36:34 PM

the dead cat first has to tuch the floor to bounce.
floor<1$

weve seen it at mtgox crash, but on the floor was a trampoline....

This wasn't real crash, one guy tried to sell everything from hacked gox account and he failed.

My Bitcoin address: 1DjTsAYP3xR4ymcTUKNuFa5aHt42q2VgSg
Cluster2k
Legendary

Activity: 1692
Merit: 1018

View Profile
August 06, 2011, 06:19:40 PM

To be honest, I'm surprised we took this long to reach single digits.  I thought we were going to hit sub $10 in less than 2 weeks after the $30 bubble (dead cat bounce), and then the Gox hax came around and I was sure sub $10 was right around the corner.  I was wrong, and it took quite a lot longer.  But it still got there.
mjoz

Activity: 61
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 07, 2011, 12:25:39 AM

I wonder how many of these coins flooding the market are the coins liberated from mybitcoin users.
error

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 07, 2011, 01:12:20 AM

I wonder how many of these coins flooding the market are the coins liberated from mybitcoin users.

Oh, those were sold already. These are panicky sellers who mistakenly think something is wrong with Bitcoin itself. Get out and stay out!

3KzNGwzRZ6SimWuFAgh4TnXzHpruHMZmV8
Piper67
Legendary

Activity: 1106

View Profile
August 07, 2011, 02:02:29 AM

No way of knowing, but if I was Tom Williams and had lots of BTC to manipulate the market, I'd trigger a massive sale, but back when cheap, claim that "most" of the mybitcoin BTC are still safe, then enjoy the free money I just made.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: