Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 05:53:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Android Operating System and Bitcoins  (Read 1059 times)
SilverandBitcoins (OP)

Activity: 187
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 24, 2013, 11:55:01 PM

I was thinking about purchasing a Tablet (Perhaps the Samsung Tab 3) from Sprint since I already have Sprint with my smartphone.  Can I download a wallet onto a tablet?  How safe is it to use something like Coinbase or the other exchanges with the Android Operating System on a Samsung tablet or smartphone?   Should I just stick to my Gateway laptop, or home desktop Windows computer?

Cause, I aint proud - BTC: 1DyXSR8nsB56yhTUhR5HMKLzB6UpytiWnK
SlyFoxy12

Activity: 111
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 12:16:51 AM

I was thinking about purchasing a Tablet (Perhaps the Samsung Tab 3) from Sprint since I already have Sprint with my smartphone.  Can I download a wallet onto a tablet?  How safe is it to use something like Coinbase or the other exchanges with the Android Operating System on a Samsung tablet or smartphone?   Should I just stick to my Gateway laptop, or home desktop Windows computer?

I'd say safe to keep small amounts of coin that you're not worried about losing, but ultimately having all your bitcoins directly on a a phone/tablet is crazy, you're better off using something like blockchain.info which is a cloud wallet of sorts but still has an android app even if it's a bit basic.
leoragraves666

Activity: 227
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 12:24:11 AM

Just stick to home computer, at least you can't loose it.

PC & Mac repairs
DannyHamilton
Legendary

Activity: 3388
Merit: 4653

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 03:01:54 AM

I recently acquired a Tab 3.  I loaded the blockchain.info app on there and created a wallet.  I'm finding it to be VERY useful for daily transactions.  I wouldn't feel comfortable storing a large amount of bitcoins that way, but it's extremely convenient for smaller amounts that I want to have with me while I'm out and about.

I use a 3 stage system for my personal bitcoins.

Stage 1
Paper wallet.
Generated paper wallet addresses offline. Sent bitcoins that I don't expect to need access to for at least a month there for long term storage.

Stage 2
Desktop wallet.
Installed Bitcoin-Qt on my desktop. Store bitcoins that I expect to access during the next 30 days here.

Stage 3.
Blockchain.info app on Tab 3
Anytime I feel that I've got less in here than I'd like to have quick access to, I send a bitcoin or two from my Bitcoin-Qt.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: