Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 01:52:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Loan Question.  (Read 1057 times)
MikeCorleone (OP)

Activity: 391
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 24, 2013, 11:56:43 PM

Was curious if a car title and personal information would be good enough collateral for a small loan in USD......I know i am a new user here and collateral would be needed.

Thanks for your help.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Kouye

Activity: 336

Cuddling, censored, unicorn-shaped troll.

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 12:00:02 AM

No.
Collateral is something that can be sold to a third party, should you default.
A fake ID is not worth that much.

[OVER] RIDDLES 2nd edition --- this was claimed. Look out for 3rd edition!
I won't ever ask for a loan nor offer any escrow service. If I do, please consider my account as hacked.
MikeCorleone (OP)

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 12:04:48 AM

No.

I don't understand what your talking about, fake id?
MikeCorleone (OP)

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 12:05:56 AM

No.

Also, isn't a car title collateral?
Kouye

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 12:08:04 AM

No.

Try selling this car title and report back?
That's how much it is worth as collateral. Wink

I won't ever ask for a loan nor offer any escrow service. If I do, please consider my account as hacked.
MikeCorleone (OP)

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 12:10:53 AM

No.

I still don't understand. When you use a car title for collateral, you can put a lien on it and take it if defaulted..... right?
Kouye

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 12:15:29 AM

I still don't understand. When you use a car title for collateral, you can put a lien on it and take it if defaulted..... right?
One last friendly advice.
Sell your car car title.
Don't borrow wealth.
You'll thank me later.

nimda

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

0xFB0D8D1534241423

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 12:18:36 AM

No.

Getting liens done over the internet is... tricky.

Collateral is only worth anything if it protects the lender from loss: the lender must be able to sell what you give them. If you send a scan of your car title, the lender can't sell it.
Magazine

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 12:20:36 AM

There are plenty of places that will do car title loans, much easier than doing it with someone over the internet.
MikeCorleone (OP)

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 12:23:12 AM

One last friendly advice.
Sell your car car title.
Don't borrow wealth.
You'll thank me later.

Oh, i need more medication to participate on this website. This section is about getting a loan, correct?

Ok, i understand that scan title deal.... Thats fine, i was just curious. Thank you
MikeCorleone (OP)

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 12:24:39 AM

There are plenty of places that will do car title loans, much easier than doing it with someone over the internet.

i am doing that now....

Thank you all.

MikeCorleone (HOTHEAD)
Kouye

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 12:25:06 AM

Oh, i need more medication to participate on this website. This section is about getting a loan, correct?

Ok, i understand that scan title deal.... Thats fine, i was just curious. Thank you

You're welcome, mister Mike Corleone.

MikeCorleone (OP)

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 12:28:10 AM

I now should have put HotHead instead.... I get very pissed off very fast, usually over nothing... But some of these trolls on here make me so mad i want to jump through my computer and bust them in their face with a keyboard.lol   Tongue I am calm......
Magazine

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 12:29:22 AM

I now should have put HotHead instead.... I get very pissed off very fast, usually over nothing... But some of these trolls on here make me so mad i want to jump through my computer and bust them in their face with a keyboard.lol   Tongue I am calm......

Hey Magic Mike I buy your car for $5.34 ?
MikeCorleone (OP)

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 12:31:26 AM

Hey Magic Mike I buy your car for $5.34 ?

Right. You can have a chip off my hood. Would have to divide it up into equal shares however. el oh el
Kluge
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1015

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 12:32:29 AM

If you're geographically near the lender, it would probably be acceptable. There'd be a default clause in the loan contract which states the lender comes into possession of the vehicle. The original title would probably be required to be held to prove you actually own the vehicle being put up as collateral.

There are maybe five lenders on the whole forum who'd consider that. Chance of them being near you geographically I'd guess is ~.25-1%. Better bet would probably be a pawn shop (about the same effective rates [really fuckin' high], they have more experience resulting in a more frictionless transaction, can possibly be a bit more confident they won't scam you). Take the cash, convert to BTC through something like CoinBase or a Bitcoin ATM if nearby... when you're done with the loan, convert back and pay in fiat.
MikeCorleone (OP)

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 12:35:44 AM

If you're geographically near the lender, it would probably be acceptable. There'd be a default clause in the loan contract which states the lender comes into possession of the vehicle. The original title would probably be required to be held to prove you actually own the vehicle being put up as collateral.

There are maybe five lenders on the whole forum who'd consider that. Chance of them being near you geographically I'd guess is ~.25-1%. Better bet would probably be a pawn shop (about the same effective rates, they have more experience resulting in a more frictionless transaction, can possibly be a bit more confident they won't scam you). Take the cash, convert to BTC through something like CoinBase or a Bitcoin ATM if nearby...

yeah, There isn't nothing down here in this bfe town i moved to. May have to take my title to a near by bigger city to do so... I appreciate all the replies.

PS: How the hell do i leave positive feedback? I tried to leave it, but didn't see what it was a + rep

Pawn Shops are completely insane on what they offer people on anything honestly. Take for instance, my hood probably cost more than what they would want to offer,lmao
Kluge
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1015

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 12:37:22 AM

There are maybe five lenders on the whole forum who'd consider that. Chance of them being near you geographically I'd guess is ~.25-1%. Better bet would probably be a pawn shop (about the same effective rates, they have more experience resulting in a more frictionless transaction, can possibly be a bit more confident they won't scam you). Take the cash, convert to BTC through something like CoinBase or a Bitcoin ATM if nearby...

yeah, There isn't nothing down here in this bfe town i moved to. May have to take my title to a near by bigger city to do so... I appreciate all the replies.

PS: How the hell do i leave positive feedback? I tried to leave it, but didn't see what it was a + rep
Feedback here's generally only left when a transaction is made (unless someone tried to scam).
MikeCorleone (OP)

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 12:38:32 AM

Feedback here's generally only left when a transaction is made (unless someone tried to scam).

Oh,ok... it's different on another forum I'm on.... You give it when someone has helped you etc etc... Pretty cool rep system.
Kouye

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 12:39:31 AM

Pawn Shops are completely insane on what they offer people on anything honestly. Take for instance, my hood probably cost more than what they would want to offer,lmao
Does that mean you're going to sell this account?
Or keep it dormant for a few months?

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: