Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 01:31:26 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Block Erupter USB suddenly more expensive?  (Read 2229 times)
Flashman

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

Hodl!

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 09:21:34 PM

Oh it's the invisible hand of the market.... puppeteered by noobs who can't use a calculator.

Reasonable ROI on mining equipment is 3 months from date of expected delivery, with highly inflating difficulty accounted for.

If we nailed the difficulty to 1.7 Billion right now, you'd make 0.0025 a month with a USB block eruptor, therefor in a situation of stable difficulty 0.0075 would be TOO MUCH TO PAY FOR IT. If you got one tomorrow you'd have a hard time getting 0.005 out of it ever in the real word ..

It is completely insane to pay more than $10 for one now, even if you think BTC will hit $50,000, use the $10 to buy 0.01 of a coin!

TL;DR See Spot run. Run Spot run. .... .... Freelance interweb comedian, for teh lulz >>> 1MqAAR4XkJWfDt367hVTv5SstPZ54Fwse6

Bitcoin Custodian: Keeping BTC away from weak heads since Feb '13, adopter of homeless bitcoins.
pontiacg5

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 09:30:08 PM

Oh it's the invisible hand of the market.... puppeteered by noobs who can't use a calculator.

Reasonable ROI on mining equipment is 3 months from date of expected delivery, with highly inflating difficulty accounted for.

If we nailed the difficulty to 1.7 Billion right now, you'd make 0.0025 a month with a USB block eruptor, therefor in a situation of stable difficulty 0.0075 would be TOO MUCH TO PAY FOR IT. If you got one tomorrow you'd have a hard time getting 0.005 out of it ever in the real word ..

It is completely insane to pay more than $10 for one now, even if you think BTC will hit $50,000, use the $10 to buy 0.01 of a coin!

If, son, if. If bitcoin hits $10,000 those BE are no longer mining dust and thus are worth more. Nobody is going to be selling a block eruptor for $10 when it will mine $10 in a day after the exchange rate jump.

That is exactly what happened just a few weeks ago, the exchange rate jumped and those with mining hardware saw value added overnight!

Now, no, they aren't worth jack. That's why they are selling for less and less every day. Noobs are what keep the price high, not what set the price.

Please DO NOT send me private messages asking for help setting up GPU miners. I will not respond!!!
Flashman

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

Hodl!

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 09:40:00 PM

I am truly sorry about your lack of math skills maybe you can sue the school district?

BTC ain't likely to hit 10K while difficulty is this side of 10 billion... ergo by then they will be mining 14 cents a day, whoop de woo.

Bitcoin would have to go up past $120,000 tomorrow, on this difficulty, for a USB block eruptor to make $10 a day. I mean you cooooould be making $10 a day deferred 5 years if you like to think about it that way. But in half the world (Europe, parts of US) they're not even making electricity cost right now.

TL;DR See Spot run. Run Spot run. .... .... Freelance interweb comedian, for teh lulz >>> 1MqAAR4XkJWfDt367hVTv5SstPZ54Fwse6

Bitcoin Custodian: Keeping BTC away from weak heads since Feb '13, adopter of homeless bitcoins.
quone17

Activity: 224
Merit: 104

View Profile WWW
January 14, 2014, 09:48:15 PM

What if someone found a way to get "free electricity" and they started mining like nuts? I wonder what the biggest "farm" is out there at 1 location that's mining BTC?  I bet i tcouldn't last for long, like at a big company, before the tech staff caught on, or the financial staff saw their electric bills spiked.

Bitcoin Exchange Guide- List of the Top Bitcoin Exchanges, Find Places to Buy, Sell and Trade Bitcoins.
pontiacg5

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 09:48:59 PM

I am truly sorry about your lack of math skills maybe you can sue the school district?

BTC ain't likely to hit 10K while difficulty is this side of 10 billion... ergo by then they will be mining 14 cents a day, whoop de woo.

Bitcoin would have to go up past $120,000 tomorrow, on this difficulty, for a USB block eruptor to make $10 a day. I mean you cooooould be making $10 a day deferred 5 years if you like to think about it that way. But in half the world (Europe, parts of US) they're not even making electricity cost right now.

Who has the time to do math? Is it not obvious by my fascination with "10" that I am just generalizing? Nah, you've got to be the one twat who has to point out arguments that don't exist.

I'm done, go play your kid games elsewhere. If you don't understand the fact that mining hardware's value is partially derived from the exchange rate I can't help you.

Please DO NOT send me private messages asking for help setting up GPU miners. I will not respond!!!
odolvlobo
Legendary

Activity: 4354
Merit: 3261

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 10:00:34 PM

Who has the time to do math? Is it not obvious by my fascination with "10" that I am just generalizing? Nah, you've got to be the one twat who has to point out arguments that don't exist.

No need for a flame war here. @pontiacg5, you simply missed his point that it is more profitable to buy 0.01 BTC for $10 than to buy a BE for $10 because the BE is going to mine at most 0.006 BTC.

Join an anti-signature campaign: Click ignore on the members of signature campaigns.
PGP Fingerprint: 6B6BC26599EC24EF7E29A405EAF050539D0B2925 Signing address: 13GAVJo8YaAuenj6keiEykwxWUZ7jMoSLt
pontiacg5

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 10:28:36 PM

No need for a flame war here. @pontiacg5, you simply missed his point that it is more profitable to buy 0.01 BTC for $10 than to buy a BE for $10 because the BE is going to mine at most 0.006 BTC.

Never did I say that a BE is a good idea, just that the value of one is based on the exchange rate. If the exchange rate goes up while difficulty stays the same (as it did in nov.) then you get this thread, asking why.

So this twat comes along, quotes a post from two months ago, and says "noobs." It has nothing to do with noobs, and everything to do with the exchange rate.

Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: