Bitcoin Forum
September 18, 2024, 02:15:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What's your favorite alternative currency besides bitcoin and why?  (Read 512 times)
ohiofarmer (OP)

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
November 25, 2013, 02:58:40 AM

I'm particularly interested in hearing why people think a particular alternative currency will be successful in the long run.

I'll start: I really like anoncoin because it has the potential to operate on the darknet, meaning it's even more untraceable than bitcoin. It's circulation is also going to be 1/5 the size of bitcoin's (4 million vs. bitcoin's 21 million).

cmears

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 03:07:47 AM

I think litecoin has the best chance of success after bitcoin.  It has the second largest market cap and the faster transaction time will allow for greater POS opportunities which will be critical in the future.
ohiofarmer (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 25, 2013, 03:14:43 AM

I think litecoin has the best chance of success after bitcoin.  It has the second largest market cap and the faster transaction time will allow for greater POS opportunities which will be critical in the future.

Good point. I do like that you can mine litecoin on almost any computer, too. It makes it more fair. From a value standpoint, it will be more diluted, though, with plans to mine 84 million litecoin (vs. bitcoin's 21 million).

movingcloud

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 03:18:47 AM

Anon coin is excellent. The team on Anoncoin,the principle,(i could make a list of how good it is) are just excellent.
CGB cryptogenic bullion is really good ,seems to be good solid ideas behind it,i really like the interest factor within it ,a unique touch but ill have to see where this coin goes,promising though
ohiofarmer (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 25, 2013, 03:24:13 AM

Anon coin is excellent. The team on Anoncoin,the principle,(i could make a list of how good it is) are just excellent.
CGB cryptogenic bullion is really good ,seems to be good solid ideas behind it,i really like the interest factor within it ,a unique touch but ill have to see where this coin goes,promising though

I like CGB, too. It's going to be among the rarest of the alternative currencies since they're only mining 1 million. If you like that, check out bitbar, too, which is even rarer (there are only something like 7,800 of them out there right now).

Hfleer

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

Changing avatars is currently not possible.

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 04:16:13 AM

I like the Litecoin right now, it seems well respected.  I Do try to keep on the lookout for any up and coming coins also.

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
▓▓▓▓▓  BIT-X.comvvvvvvvvvvvvvvi
→ CREATE ACCOUNT 
▓▓▓▓▓
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: