Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 04:32:03 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Need fast advice!! BTC-E major issues! Donating for help!  (Read 1652 times)
Trance (OP)

Activity: 551
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 04:53:01 AM

Recently been reading about BTC-E and some people have had their USD disappear.

I unfortunately deposited $2,000 two weeks ago. Knowing it takes 7-10 days to see the funds in the account. I sent numerous emails to them, and only got one response back, which asked me to take a screenshot of the transfer. I scanned a copy of the wire and sent it to them, and continues with the emails. Then yesterday I got emails saying all of my tickets were being closed, even though nothing has been resolved. They don’t have a phone number to call, and their one email was one sentence, providing no help whatsoever. Be wary of these guys? Or whom should I contact, someone MUST know someone within the BTC-E outside of someone I've already reached out to whom is a very exalted member of the BTC community.

Please share your advice and or experiences!

Some people are so poor ALL they have is money
Trance (OP)

Merit: 500

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 05:44:01 AM

CONCLUSION! BTC-E = Fraudulent and selectively scams users based on the information gathered.

More than enough evidence to correlate BTC-E as a fraud! Please help unmask this! Too many people are diving into the unknown !

Source:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=144281.msg3704504#msg3704504

http://whois.domaintools.com/btc-e.com

(Says more than enough about how BTC-E is a pure fraud!)

Some people are so poor ALL they have is money
anddam

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 26, 2013, 06:56:56 AM

CONCLUSION! BTC-E = Fraudulent and selectively scams users based on the information gathered.
[…]
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=144281.msg3704504#msg3704504

I came here from that exact thread, I was doing some checking on BTC-E before moving fiat money in it.
Actually reading the thread there's no conclusion it's a fraudolent site at all, the same guy who was stating the relation between btc-e and the romanian scam site in the second message of thread took it back.

Albeit I understand missing 2k USD can make a person nervous about the topic, how did you get to the "CONCLUSION"?

http://whois.domaintools.com/btc-e.com
(Says more than enough about how BTC-E is a pure fraud!)

Can you be more specific on that?
The fake data reported earlier have been since anonymized, are you suggesting that anonymized whois data makes a site fraudolent?

Also in your initial message you didn't show an actual calendar, i.e. when you sent the money and how (this affects the working days the transfer takes) and what the times of your conversation with support have been.

Notice I'm not defending BTC-E at all, I'd like to get more info because I have to decide if trusting them or not.
ginbank

Activity: 57

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 11:40:39 AM

I just wanted to let you know that I moved just under $2000 USD fiat into btc-e by bank wire over a week ago. The USD showed up in my account pretty quickly and I could trade with them.

However I can not withdraw anything (BTC, LTC, etc) due to a 1 month hold. They explain that users can log a ticket, upload ID and supporting documents, and that the HOLD will then be removed. However in my case this has not happened after more than 1 week. I uploaded a lot of documents, even a bank reference letter from my bank.

I would like to trade more, but I can not risk it unless the hold is removed first.

I also don't know, what would happen if I sent BTC to the account, would they also be stuck due to the hold?
What if the hold is removed and I send more USD by wire, will I get a new HOLD for all funds?

akaman

Activity: 247
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 10:15:47 PM
Last edit: December 04, 2013, 12:18:29 AM by akaman

I made a withdrawal of 3.35 BTC from BTC-E on 11/23. I received and responded to the verification email. The funds were removed from my account. However, the transaction never appeared on the blockchain, i.e. money is gone. I have contacted BTC-E support 3 times and have yet to receive an answer.

At today's exchange rate the loss equals USD 3,350.

I've previously deposited, traded and withdrawn through BTC-E numerous times in the past, primarily BTC/LTC with good experience.

Based on this event, however, and those of others, it seems BTC-E is now exploring new ways of increasing their profits.

I'm in no doubt that BTC-E has started to systematically steal funds from client accounts with impunity.

Then again, who can I blame for being stupid enough to trust an anonymous Russian exchange with my money?

Stay away from BTC-E!

UPDATE: I was refunded my 3.35 BTC after almost 2 weeks. It took another 2 support tickets, plus a direct message to a BTC-E on this forum.
davidgdg

Merit: 501

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 02:19:37 PM

I have used them a few times. They are not fraudulent, but the customer service is pretty hopeless.

"There is only one thing that is seriously morally wrong with the world, and that is politics. By 'politics' I mean all that, and only what, involves the State." Jan Lester "Escape from Leviathan"
akaman

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 05:25:24 PM
Last edit: December 04, 2013, 12:18:01 AM by akaman

I have used them a few times. They are not fraudulent, but the customer service is pretty hopeless.

I have executed hundreds, if not a thousand+, trades with them for a year. Never had problems. I realized this was always a leap of faith, given then I was trading with an essentially anonymous exchange based in a territory I would be unable to pursue any legal action should anything go wrong. Now, this has happened (and, apparently, I am not the only one).

99% of BTC-E users have probably not had any issues. There are probably tens of thousands of people that trade regularly on BTC-E. However, that does not exempt a few cases of disappearing funds from being fraudulent. This could be something new, systematic, or perhaps just one dishonest BTC-E employee taking some liberties. The reason, however, is irrelevant.

But the fact remains; $3500 worth of BTC was removed from my account. I have contacted BTC-E on 3 occasions. They are either unable, or unwilling to deal with this. I assume they don't care. In either case, they owe up to their responsibility and BTC-E stand accused of theft from client accounts until they take corrective actions.

UPDATE: I was refunded my 3.35 BTC after almost 2 weeks. It took another 2 support tickets, plus a direct message to a BTC-E on this forum to have it resolved.
AndrewWilliams

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

Fourth richest fictional character

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 08:51:11 PM

This needs to be resolved. 

PM  user "btc-e.com" on here, and explain the situation and link back to this thread.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=33012

Let us know if you get helped.

I am currently awaiting for withdrawal to be enabled on my account. I will post updates here as they happen.
akaman

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 12:40:14 AM

PM  user "btc-e.com" on here, and explain the situation and link back to this thread.

Thanks for the help. My issue was resolved 3-4 days after I PM that user. He never responded directly but my ticket was closed and said "refund". No refund was issued however. I opened a new ticket which was then promptly (1-2 days) replied to and my BTC were all refunded.
btc-e.com
Legendary

Activity: 1694
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
December 04, 2013, 04:38:19 PM

Recently, we started to receive  claims because of the long-time credit of funds transferred by SEPA / WireTransfer. The main problem is that some of our clients have a negligent attitude to the control of the field Details of Payment. As the result it takes an additional time to find your money. Please, make sure, that  the information Details of Payment is always present in the document of transfer, do not shorten it, don not  use your account username.

Bitcoin \ Litecoin \ Namecoin \ Novacoin <-> Exchange btc-e.com

BTC-E.com // Биpжa пo aвтoмaтичecкoй тopгoвлe Bitcoin \ Litecoin \ Namecoin \ Novacoin <-> Exchange btc-e.com
Zakendoen

Activity: 45

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 12:28:55 AM

Recently, we started to receive  claims because of the long-time credit of funds transferred by SEPA / WireTransfer. The main problem is that some of our clients have a negligent attitude to the control of the field Details of Payment. As the result it takes an additional time to find your money. Please, make sure, that  the information Details of Payment is always present in the document of transfer, do not shorten it, don not  use your account username.

Can you tell me if the 2nd person replying to this thread is correct?

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=366359.0
Zakendoen

Activity: 45

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 12:36:54 AM

EDIT: Oh nevermind.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: