Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 12:37:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Quick Wallet Backup to The Cloud  (Read 983 times)
cad_cdn (OP)

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 05:13:10 AM

It is very important that you protect your wallet.dat files.
I crudely implemented a daily wallet backup system on my pc that allows me to upload all my different wallet.dat files to cloud storage.
Thought I would share. There are many mods or additions to add, please add!

Simply:
1) I created a simple windows 'bat' file to copy my many different cryptocoin wallet.dat files into a specific backup directory.
(I chose to automatically rename each wallet.dat according to the coin it belongs to) Yo can do as you like.
2) created a master backup.bat file to handle the task of backing up multiple wallets
3) run a free backup program called duplicati 'http://www.duplicati.com/' that can interface with just about any cloud based storage you can think of. (google, skydrive etc.)
4) configure duplicati with your cloud service provider (dropbox, drive, skydrive, box etc.)

The backup file is very basic, (please modify as you see fit)

create a bat file backup_wallet.bat
I create this in directory c:\users\appdata\roaming\<your cryptocoin>

for (windows 7/8)
cd c:\users\(user profile)\appdata\roaming\<your cryptocoin>
copy wallet.dat <your cryptocoin name>_wallet.dat
copy <your cryptocoin>_wallet.dat c:\<your cryptocoin directory> for wallet files)

On my desktop (or startup folder), I have a backup.bat that launches each <your cryptocoin>_wallet.bat from the directory of the coin (BTC, LTC etc.)
I run this every day, then 'Duplicati' automatically runs to backup the special wallet files folder to the cloud.

Also includes encryption for that extra protection

I run this backup daily. it requires very little storage and uses very little bandwidth, because i am only backign up my wallet.dat files.

hope it helps Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: