Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 07:28:47 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Meta-Mask Wallet - ERC20 Token Help  (Read 158 times)
RENTMONEY (OP)

Activity: 197
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 07:16:22 PM

I use the wallet Meta-Mask for collecting bounty tokens. My question is, do I need to have a specific ERC20 token listed in my Meta-Mask wallet in order to receive that token ?

Or does Meta-Mask create the token wallet itself once it's received ?

I did a few bounties of other projects already but mostly with projects that had their own wallet.

Thanks for any response !

[/center]
Bank 4YOU Group ▪ Mobile Money for 2,000,000,000 unbanked people ▪ ICO LIVE! (https://bank4you.io/)
RENTMONEY (OP)

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 12:42:55 AM

Do I need to manually add the token to my wallet before receiving it or will the meta mask wallet automatically detect and create a wallet for any ERC20 token ?

[/center]
Bank 4YOU Group ▪ Mobile Money for 2,000,000,000 unbanked people ▪ ICO LIVE! (https://bank4you.io/)
TryNinja
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 7113

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2018, 01:19:53 AM

Do I need to manually add the token to my wallet before receiving it or will the meta mask wallet automatically detect and create a wallet for any ERC20 token ?
You don't need to do anything to receive the tokens. The maximum you would need to do is manually add the token to see its balance and spend them. But they will be there in your address even without MEW first recognizing them.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
BQ

Activity: 616
Merit: 53

CoinMetro - the future of exchanges

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 01:41:21 AM

as TryNinja wrote is correct, I just wanted to add that one easier way to keep track of your tokens is using etherscan.io.
go there, enter your public key, and you'll be able to see all tokens, and even current market value.
this way, you can check your tokens from any device easier as well  Cheesy

5 EUR free crypto on signup! XCM exchange token ⚜⚜⚜  CoinMetro - Copy Trading - Margin - 0% maker fee  ⚜⚜⚜ - generate €500 volume in July for a chance to win €100!
RENTMONEY (OP)

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 03:11:05 AM

You don't need to do anything to receive the tokens. The maximum you would need to do is manually add the token to see its balance and spend them. But they will be there in your address even without MEW first recognizing them.

That is good news because its hard to find the contract address of some of these tokens in bounty offerings. You would think the contract address  would be one of the first things posted in introduction of bounty.

Thanks for the response !

[/center]
RENTMONEY (OP)

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 03:11:44 AM

as TryNinja wrote is correct, I just wanted to add that one easier way to keep track of your tokens is using etherscan.io.
go there, enter your public key, and you'll be able to see all tokens, and even current market value.
this way, you can check your tokens from any device easier as well  Cheesy

Thanks for the tip.

[/center]
RENTMONEY (OP)

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 08:30:59 PM

How do I send my Tokens out of the Meta Mask wallet ?

There is a buy link and a send link. When I click the send link it only gives me the option to send ETH and not my ERC20 token(s).

For example I currently have 3000 + MRK coin sitting in my wallet and I been trying to figure out how to send them to an exchange or another wallet. I don't plan on doing either atm but I do want to know how for when I do want to.

[/center]
TryNinja
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 7113

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2018, 09:16:52 PM

~
Watch this video: How to send Tokens from Metamask to Exchange

You could also connect your wallet to MEW's interface and send it from there (if you don't know how, check this tutorial).

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
deevan

Activity: 238
Merit: 7

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 09:30:38 PM

That is good news because its hard to find the contract address of some of these tokens in bounty offerings. You would think the contract address  would be one of the first things posted in introduction of bounty.

Thanks for the response !
If you find it difficult to find the smartcontract address for the token you want to get displayed in your MEW or Metamask, you just simple search your wallet on ethplorer via your public key. Click on the token name displayed under Token Balances tab a new page will be opened from there you can get the smartcontract address, Decimals & Symbol of your intended token. Simply login in to your wallet and paste all the 3 details then your balance will get displayed and now you are ready to spend them if you want. Smiley
RENTMONEY (OP)

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 09:32:39 PM

Thanks for the help everyone !

[/center]
tuansemazi

Activity: 294
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 04:54:57 AM

You do not need to add a Token ERC20 Token to get a token, but you need to add token to be able to show that token in your wallet and be able to switch between different wallets.
sreecanvas

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 12:32:39 PM

Good news because its hard to find the contract address of some of these tokens in bounty offerings.You do not need to add a Token ERC20 Token to get a token, but you need to add token to be able to show that token in your wallet and be able to switch between different wallets.
wandino

Activity: 112
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 01:13:47 PM

I use the wallet Meta-Mask for collecting bounty tokens. My question is, do I need to have a specific ERC20 token listed in my Meta-Mask wallet in order to receive that token ?

Or does Meta-Mask create the token wallet itself once it's received ?

I did a few bounties of other projects already but mostly with projects that had their own wallet.

Thanks for any response !

You do not have to setup anything on metamask. Just giving your address should do.
colkcolk

Activity: 128

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 01:14:46 PM

~

You could also connect your wallet to MEW's interface and send it from there (if you don't know how, check this tutorial).
The Video is really helpful, but at the first time need to practice and for me sometimes need to repeat the video just to avoid any mistake even to practice just use small amount token. Perhaps it needs to practice several times to really understand as there are several site to be opened and checked, moreover it needs to verify the MEW site to ensure the validity of the site.
RENTMONEY (OP)

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 01:53:32 PM

~

The Video is really helpful, but at the first time need to practice and for me sometimes need to repeat the video just to avoid any mistake even to practice just use small amount token. Perhaps it needs to practice several times to really understand as there are several site to be opened and checked, moreover it needs to verify the MEW site to ensure the validity of the site.

That is a very good tip. Transfer a small amount first to make sure everything is working as it should.

Thanks for the tips everyone !

[/center]
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: