Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 11:34:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Best Indicators for bear market?  (Read 128 times)
tesla80 (OP)

Activity: 448
Merit: 89

Full Stack Engineer

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 08:18:55 PM

Hello,

My question is for traders who use technical analysis actively. I think they have experimented several indicators and they use their own setup combining a few indicators.

What are the good indicators for bear market?

Cyber Security, Mobile Security, Web/Desktop/Embedded Programming, Electronics, M2M, IoT
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
FrueGreads
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1059

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 10:07:17 PM

It probably depends on what you are trying to do. Most exchanges don't allow you to short bitcoin, so your best scenario would be to continue to follow your bullish indicators, and use them to play the small bursts that you still have, even in a bear market. For instance, from what I've been seeing, using RSI on different time frames to spot oversold conditions, and then buying on those moments can still work on a bear market, but you would need to adjust the time frames and the levels your are looking for.

On a bull market, seeing a coin oversold on the 15min time frame, is probably enough to make a buy, and it doesn't need to be extremely oversold because you don't see that often. Getting it just to touch 30, would probably be enough. On a bear market, you would need to see a coin getting oversold on bigger time frames. You would probably need oversold conditions on all times frames from the 15min to the 4h, and they would need to be extremely oversold on the shorter time frames (probably in it's twenties or bellow that). This should be enough to buy on a bear market, and expect for a fast burst.

Also, you would more likely leave an open order on a bull market, and you would need to be fast to lock your profits on the bear market.
I'm sure there are many tactics, but from what I've been studying, this one works well on crypto.

░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░▄██████████▄
░░░██████████████
░░██████▐▌██████
█████░░░░░░░▀█████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░██████
████████░░▀▀▄██████
████████░░▄▄▄░░█████
██████▀▀░░▀▀▀░░█████
█████░░░░░░░░█████
░░██████▐▌██████
░░░██████████████
░░░░▀██████████▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░

BitCloak Bitcoin Mixer  
  BTC & BCH | API| MULTIADDRESS| PGP PROOF|  FAST MIX |  ESCROW|  MORE ! 

░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░▄██████████▄
░░░██████████████
░░██████▐▌██████
█████░░░░░░░▀█████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░██████
████████░░▀▀▄██████
████████░░▄▄▄░░█████
██████▀▀░░▀▀▀░░█████
█████░░░░░░░░█████
░░██████▐▌██████
░░░██████████████
░░░░▀██████████▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░

yesss

Activity: 168
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 11:00:06 PM

Hello,

My question is for traders who use technical analysis actively. I think they have experimented several indicators and they use their own setup combining a few indicators.

What are the good indicators for bear market?
You can see that when the market goes up, the trade is very easy and will bring a very high profit if you trade the plan. In my opinion the most important indicator is the trading volume, this will tell you the liquidity of the investment in coin and the ability to pump the price of coin, which is the most important when trading for with me.
JanpriX

Activity: 1708
Merit: 606

Buy The F*cking Dip

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 11:54:36 PM

These are just the things that I check to see if we are in bear market or not. First is that if we are seeing new lower lows on a weekly basis and has been the trend for quite a long time. With this indicator, I can safely assume that the market is in bear-mode and didn't want to push the price of any coin higher. Second indicator is when huge selloff is happening on a daily basis. I see this as an exit strategy of those traders to cashout what they can and just standby in the sideline. This huge selloff creates panic to other people that may result to several waves of red candles. If I'm seeing this indicator, I consider our market to be bearish.

As you may have noticed, there are several indicators that you could use. It boils down to personal preference and whether you are successful in using these indicators.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: