Bitcoin Forum
October 10, 2024, 05:10:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 28.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin: Financial commentary  (Read 727 times)
BTCIndia (OP)

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

vini, vedi, no vici.

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 08:24:59 AM
Last edit: November 25, 2013, 08:36:30 AM by BTCIndia

Pals,

I've been doing financial research in field of virtual currencies. Data is mined and analysed by third party. Below are some of bullet points to give better insight about potential of Bitcoin. Hope you like and follow:

1. Bitcoin is now credible investment vehicle. Thanks to Winklevoss Bitcoin Trust for generating trust.
2. Bitcoin are easily traded in some more than 30 hard currencies.
3. Bitcoin is not a legal tender in any country.
4. Like hard currencies, Bitcoin pays no interest.
5. Bitcoin investment per se is extremely risky and will continue for next few years.
6. Bitcoin investment (2-4% in portfolios) is attractive because it delivers high diversification benefits due to obvious reasons.
7. 50% of Bitcoin exchanges are still active.
8. Bitcoin average return is skyrocketing(350% annually).
9. Bitcoin volatility is also high. Its is approximately 170% for Bitcoin compared to 18% for gold, 26% for oil. No other asset provides such a dramatic volatility.  
10. Between period 2010-2013: Kurtosis Value for Bitcoin is around 10.4 i.e comparable to that of bond from emerging government.
11. Between period 2010-2013: Skewness levels are found to be very high-1.8 (In financial market, such high skewness levels are known to be reachable only by complicated strategies fabricated by experienced brain)
12. Gold above ground/population of planet = per capita gold i.e. $1000/person and Market cap of Bitcoin is $ 7 Billion dollar therefore, per capita Bitcoin is $ 1 dollar. This implies, Bitcoin is 1/1000th value of gold just in 4 years. However, Bitcoin has also shown weak correlation with only two important assets- Gold and inflation linked bonds.
13. Span test (HK & FFK) confirms that portfolio with Bitcoin gives better and superior result than Bitcoin-free portfolio.

Conclusion: If you're capable of raising your tolerance limit( to 3-4%) then Bitcoin will/can result in sharp increase in the average return obtained for given amount of risk. Therefore, I'd suggest... Grin

Trade Opinion: Buy Bitcoin!

Bitcoin Market is subject to a number of risks and is not suitable for all investors. Investors should carefully consider the investment objectives, risks of a fund before investing. There is a very high degree of risk involved in trading. Past results are not indicative of future returns. The comments are for educational purposes and awareness only and should not be strictly construed as investment advice. Information for Bitcoin observations are obtained from sources like https://github.com/prof7bit/goxtool, http://bitcoin.clarkmoody.com/ etc.. I do not warrant its completeness or accuracy or warrant any results from the use of the information. Your use of Bitcoin investment is entirely at your own risk and it is your sole responsibility to evaluate the accuracy, completeness and usefulness of the information given above. You must assess the risk of any Bitcoin Investment with your financial analyst and make your own independent decisions. Thanks for being understanding!

He's Nick Sazbo from Washington. I've my answer. Or Hal? :O
BTCIndia (OP)

vini, vedi, no vici.

View Profile
November 26, 2013, 05:34:51 AM
Last edit: November 27, 2013, 08:37:33 AM by BTCIndia

Maurya78,

DCrypt Investment LLP is under process private, open-ended incorporation investing exclusively in bitcoin and other crypto-currencies for clients. Investment company is created for accredited investors looking for exposure to bitcoin through an investment vehicle as opposed to a direct investment. It solves the challenges of buying, liquidating, storing and safekeeping bitcoins at company's risk.

Investment Details are as follows:
Front End Fee is 1% (Lowest in world)
Annual Administrative and Safekeeping Fee: 1.0% (Lowest is world)
Back End Fee: 1.5% (Lowest is world)
Minimum Investment: 10 Lakh INR for single person and 30 Lakh for registered institute.
Conditions: Open only to accredited investors(Single person with income 30 Lakh/year or 1.5 Crore in assets)

DCrypt Investment LLP is a private, unregistered investment vehicle and not subject to the same regulatory requirements(so far). There are substantial risks in investing in the company. You should note carefully the following:

1. Dcrypt Investment LLP represents a speculative investment and involves a high degree of risk. An investor could lose all or a substantial portion of his/her investment. Investors must have the financial ability, sophistication/experience and willingness to bear the risks of an investment.
2. An investment in the Dcrypt should be discretionary capital set aside strictly for speculative purposes.
3. An investment in the Dcrypt is not suitable or desirable for all investors. Only qualified accredited investors may invest in the Dcrypt. (Conditions applied)
4. The DCrypt documents have not been reviewed or approved by MCA yet.
5. An investment in the DCrypt will be semi-liquid and there may be significant restrictions on transferring interests in the Dcrypt.
6. The DCrypty has no operating history or performance will not be actively managed.
7. The DCrypt's sponsor has total authority over the DCrypt.
8. The DCrypt and its managers or advisors may rely on the trading expertise and experience of third-party managers or advisors, the identity of which may not be fully disclosed to investors.
9. The DCrypt(in future)may involve a complex tax structure depending upon directive from government authorities.
10. The DCrypt's fees and expenses−which may be substantial regardless of any positive return− will offset the Dcrypt's trading profits.

The above summary is not a complete list of the risks and other important disclosures involved in investing in the Bitcoin through Dcrypt and is subject to the more complete disclosures contained in the DCrypt's confidential documents disclosed to only registered accredited customer.

maurya78

Activity: 490

View Profile
November 26, 2013, 08:06:31 AM

Who are the folks behind the Company?

What qualifies you to manage btc on behalf of customers? What is your track record within the btc ecosystem?

BTCIndia (OP)

vini, vedi, no vici.

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 04:28:37 AM

A very important question not to be ignored. We can't disclose those information in forum. All I can say at this moment is, wait and watch for further details. Thanks for due diligence!

BTCIndia (OP)

vini, vedi, no vici.

View Profile
December 05, 2013, 05:39:30 AM

Thanks!:)

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: