Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 10:29:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: DECENTRALIZED OR CENTRALIZED?  (Read 3842 times)
Haliburton

Activity: 502
Merit: 118

Liberated Forever. Domesticated Never.

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 05:03:12 PM

The most known and used feature of bitcoin is its decentralized market which is also the reason why the people have supported and used it since then so it would be really hard to convert and make it as an centralized coin. Bitcoin was mainly used by the people to avoid the taxes that is being thrown by the goverment to their purchases and transactions and also gives them anonimity but somehow abused by some and uses it in illegal ways instead. I think that the bitcoin itself cant really stand being centralized since the people have supported it because it allows them to make theirself hidden and it could also result to bitcoins downfall.

I know that centralization is bad for Bitcoin, but it seems to be heading that way, unfortunately. Considering the huge mining pool dominance in the network's hashrate, the upcoming Lightning Network, the established futures market, and more, are all signs that Bitcoin is heading towards being manipulated by the middleman. But, that was not the real purpose of Satoshi, since he/she/they wanted to create Bitcoin free from central control.

Since most people depend on centralized exchanges, and other centralized services, they're heading back to the middleman. A truly decentralized cryptocurrency would be only traded in decentralized exchanges, it's mining process would become accesible by an average person, and it would scale on-chain without the need to trust a third party (unlike the Lightning Network). Therefore, like it or not, good things come to an end, and I think that if Bitcoin started as a decentralized cryptocurrency, then it will end as a centralized one controlled by a few players (like Bitmain, Blockstream, etc). Sad

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Glutius

Activity: 602
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 06:15:15 PM

If bitcoin is centralized, it will simply lose its unique feature. Bitcoin will not be much different from other currencies.

bitvelk

Activity: 406
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 06:39:19 PM

It makes absolutely no sense. If bitcoin is centralized, it will simply stop being bitcoin.

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Telegram  |  Bip Wallet  |  Twitter
iknowitsme

Activity: 73
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 06:44:35 PM

But somehow, numerous citizens want also the bitcoin to be centralized,

How can it be even possible? I mean, Bitcoin is decentralized by it's very nature. If it's centralized it is completely different tech, and it's not real blockchain. If they want "centralized Bitcoin" why don't they use Paypal? Grin
jak3
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 07:00:47 PM

I am the one in the decentralized team. I completely hate banks and regulation systems. Of course I respect the rules and regulations and all the management they have done but I am saying that it is not enough in today's generation. Four and more people are transacting daily all around the world and we need a better Technology which can handle millions of people without any mistake which Bitcoin can and it is much more secure.
qiman

Activity: 1036
Merit: 504

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2018, 07:24:08 PM

I like the way a decentralized currency works but if there is a good centralized entity with a very big Team and a trustworthy project then I do not mind a centralized coin entity. I prefer though that the coins or tokens be in as many different wallets and hands as possible as the more people that own a currency, the more decentralized it feels, as opposed to only a handful of owners owning it if you understand here my point of view.

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████▀▀''`▀▀█████▄▄
▄███P'            `YY██▄
▄██P'                  `Y██▄
███'                      `███
███'                         ███
▄██'   ▄█████▄▄  ,▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄p   ███
▄██▀  ,████▀P▀███.`██████████P   ▀██▄
███[ ,████ __. ███.   ,▄████▀    ███
███[ ]████████████[  ▄████▀       ███
███[ `████   ,oo2 ▄████▀'       ,███
▀██▄  `████▄▄█████d███████████   ▄██▀
▀██.   `▀▀▀▀▀▀"  Y▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ,██▀
███.                        ,███
▀██▄                      ▄██▀
▀███▄_                 ,███▀
▀███▄▄_          _▄▄███▀
▀▀████▄▄ooo▄▄█████▀
▀▀███████▀▀'

TM

EZ365 is a digital ecosystem that combines
the best aspects of online gaming, cryptocurrency
trading
and blockchain education. ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

..WHITEPAPER..    ..INVESTOR PITCH..

.Telegram     Twitter   Facebook

.'M████▀▀██  ██
                      W█Ws'V██  ██▄▄███▀▀█
                     i█████m.~M████▀▀██  ███
                     d███████Ws'V██  ██████
                     ****M██████m.~███f~~__mW█
          ██▀▀▀████████=  Y██▀▀██W ,gm███████
      g█████▄▄▄██   █A~`_WW Y█  ██!,████████
   g▀▀▀███   ████▀▀`_m████i!████P W███  ██
 _███▄▄▄██▀▀▀███Af`_m███   █W ███A ]███  ██
__ ~~~▀▀▀▀▄▄▄█*f_m██████   ██i!██!i███████
Y█████▄▄▄▄__. i██▀▀▀██████████ █!,██████
 8█  █▀▀█████.!██   ██████████i! █████
 '█  █  █   █W M█▄▄▄██████   ██ !██
  !███▄▄█   ██i'██████████   ██
   Y███████████.]██████████████
   █   ███████b ███   ██████
   Y   █   █▀▀█i!██   ████
    V███   █  █W Y█████
      ~~▀███▄▄▄█['███
            ~~*██

Play

│
    │      ███
    │      ███
    │      ███
    │   │  ███
   ███  │  ███
   ███ ███ ███
 │  ███ ███ ███
███ ███ ███ ███
███ ███  │   │
███ ███  │   │
 │   │
 │

Trade

__▄▄████▄▄
     __▄▄███████████████▄▄▄
 _▄▄█████████▀▀~`,▄████████████▄▄▄
 ~▀▀████▀▀~`,_▄▄███████████████▀▀▀
   d█~  =▀███████████████▀▀
   ]█! m▄▄ '~▀▀▀████▀▀~~ ,_▄▄
  ,W█. *████▄▄__ '  __▄▄█████
  !██P  █████████████████████
   W█. - ██████████████████▀
  i██[   ~ ▀▀█████████▀▀▀
 g███!
Y███

Learn
BitcoinGuru123

Activity: 70

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 07:24:29 PM

Blockchain technology is used to create distributed ledger technology. Bitcoin is decentralized because it it integrated on the Blockchain technology. Bitcoin will forever be decentralized.
Haliburton

View Profile
August 10, 2018, 06:19:20 PM

I am the one in the decentralized team. I completely hate banks and regulation systems. Of course I respect the rules and regulations and all the management they have done but I am saying that it is not enough in today's generation. Four and more people are transacting daily all around the world and we need a better Technology which can handle millions of people without any mistake which Bitcoin can and it is much more secure.

I concur with you, my friend. The world needs freedom, and it's been quite under the power of governments and central banks. It's time for decentralized cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin and Ethereum to blossom, as they take the world by storm. Nobody wants to transact in a centralized system, where corrupt banks, governments, or even corporations can easily manipulate it. People’s funds would be at risk there, which is why they prefer decentralized cryptocurrencies to avoid such situations.

With Bitcoin, anyone regardless of their age or race, can easily participate in a global ledger empowered by thousands of individuals around the world. Therefore, it is much better for Bitcoin to stay as decentralized as possible, than turning itself into another centralized banking system controllable by corrupt governments. Wink

Crypto24hrs

Activity: 462
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 11, 2018, 07:41:20 PM

Decentralization is one of the major characteristics and attributes of Bitcoin i no of therefore if you Centralize it you should also think of changing the name to something else
bidadari22_

Activity: 56

View Profile
August 11, 2018, 08:53:21 PM

In my opinion,I think the decentralization system is far better than Centralization.Centralization means being controlled by a team or someone can control it with their desires.But in decentralization, anyone can do their work without permission.I think, in this crypto,most people like a decentralized system.
avoxosuccesful

Activity: 252
Merit: 3

View Profile
August 12, 2018, 04:37:47 AM

the Bitcoin was created as a decentralize platform but i think the only centralized action is its exchange. the decentralizing of bitcoin to i think its what makes it a spectacular and powerful. i think each country's have their own financial oder and saying you want bitcoin to be centralized then its also going to be govern by the government then how can bitcoin now help you.
pendong101

Activity: 117

View Profile
August 12, 2018, 04:56:38 AM

Decentralized and that's why it become a bitcoin the purpose of it is so that no one could control it so the price and supply would't be manipulated. and if it become centralized who would govern it 
florianuhlemann

Activity: 378

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 08:04:57 AM

I think people will come up with another global cryptocurrency for those who have nothing to hide and it will be right for everyone
darko.bountym

Activity: 41

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 08:26:25 AM

Decentralized that is why bitcoin is made for.
Haliburton

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 10:49:15 PM

Decentralized and that's why it become a bitcoin the purpose of it is so that no one could control it so the price and supply would't be manipulated. and if it become centralized who would govern it 

That's the whole purpose of Bitcoin's inception back in 2009. If Satoshi wanted to make Bitcoin centralized, then he wouldn't had proposed a trustless system in his whitepaper. Bitcoin and blockchain technology works as intended when operated in a decentralized manner. Taking that key characteristic, will make the cryptocurrency more like a centralized database which can be modified or pruned at any point in time.

I'm sure that for the benefit of Bitcoin, the community and developers would find a solution to make the original cryptocurrency as decentralized as possible. If it stays this way, then anyone around the world, can easily get access to the Bitcoin economy without restrictions or limitations. With good effort and perseverance, Bitcoin and the whole blockchain ecosystem can reach new heights as a decentralized system free from central control. Smiley

Supremacy1

Activity: 331

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 10:54:00 PM

I love it being decentralized, the government with their corrupt mentality will spoil everything for us, they milked us of the profit all in the name of tax
mensahkkofie

Activity: 280

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 11:12:34 PM

bitcoin must be decentralized if it change into a centralized currency it can be worse and crush the idea of the freedom of transaction and that can make us bound with the resctrication again,
Decentralization is the basis of  blockchain technology, to make cryptocurrency centralized will not be in line with blockchain technology. Maybe in the near future, there will be some form of regulations in the world of cryptocurrency.
Zaibraid

Activity: 420
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2018, 11:29:52 PM

Both decentralization and centralization systems both have positive and negative sides. If bitcoin wants to maximize its function for investment so it is better to make it with a decentralized system because full control is in the hands of our as the owner of bitcoin. But if bitcoin is more functioned into the future as a currency then I prefer to be made with a centralized system. This is to keep bitcoin prices stable. If bitcoin is used for payment instruments but the price is still fluctuating then it is risky to harm one party.

gidaahmad

Activity: 476

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 11:44:58 PM

Decentralized is the system that I like. Not being regulated by a particular party is fun. And I am a person who does not like banks.
Keeping Up

Activity: 230
Merit: 22

Staker.network - POS Smart Contract ETH Token

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2018, 01:01:17 AM

Many individuals agree and have the same opinion about bitcoin as decentralized digital asset, a system without a central bank or single administrator is more favourable.
   But somehow, numerous citizens want also the bitcoin to be centralized, because others believes it can remove barricades and walls to allow more easily reached and democratized financial and economic infrastructure.
   For you what is your own perspective regarding this matter?

bitcoin became popular in the past because it offered it's users a decentralized form of financial system and people patronized it for what it is.
as for those who wanted to make it centralized i don't think they really understand the meaning of cryptocurrency.
if they really wanted that kind of system then why do they have to insist on using bitcoin, they can always go back to fiat currency if they want to.

GenesisP2P Payment Ecosystem  │ GITHUBPOOLSEXPLORERBLOCK TRACKER☑ No ICO/Auction   
Equihash 192.7 ● ─[ Secure & Private Cryptocurrency ]─ ● ────[ ForumFaucetExchangeAirdrops & Bounties ]──── ● ☑ No pre-mine       
 POW/MNs     │SOLUTION FOR BUSINESSES AND E-COMMERCE│           ANNTWITTERDISCORDREDDIT           │ ☑ Fair Launch     
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: