Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 03:16:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: USB Block Erupter or CEX?  (Read 560 times)
joeroxor (OP)

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 08:36:48 AM

Hey, a question for the more seasoned veterans. What would be a better investment at the moment, use the current bitcoin I have accumulated to purchase a USB block erupter to mine another altcoin and sell for bitcoin, or use the bitcoin i have accumulated to invest into CEX.IO?

Social Media & PR @ BitOrca | Contact: joe.r0x0r@gmail.com | Twitter | Wallet Addresses
Sell/Buy Bitcoin code! @ BitOrcaOrcaBlog | Best Bitcoin Tool Competiton!
Louislamco

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 01:03:09 PM

Well, block eruptor can only mine SHA256
Tommygun

Activity: 28

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 01:27:38 PM

I think that if you act fast and get your hands on blade block erupters, it makes sense. if you wait any longer, then go to CEX or just buy btc when its low and wait.

I have ordered blades from asic labs and theyre working fine
nachius

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 01:39:30 PM

It will cost about the same currently on cex.io to buy .333Ghash as it would to buy an erupter.  If you like hardware and learning physically hands on buy the erupter and spread some of the distribution.  If you just want to get into mining to see what it's about you can try cex.io.  You can resell erupters currently for about what you pay for them the same at cex.io.  These are comparable options depending on what your goal with mining is?

If you go the cex.io route I can send you a referral link (which I don't care to post publicly like some do to gain more hash Wink), overall I do both and enjoy both the one thing I can say about cex.io that you can do that can't be done with erupters is "day trading" once you fund your account you can buy and sell a few times throughout the day to gain slightly more.  You obviously can be burnt doing this and lose just the same, but again it depends on your personal goals.
Kiki112

Activity: 196
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 01:45:37 PM

neither Cheesy
just buy bitcoins, wait, enjoy as it climbs up Smiley
mininig isn't profitable anymore altough I think cex would be a better option then physical mining  Smiley

iQ_SaWgbaj2-

Activity: 3

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 01:48:31 PM

How about the Blue Fury Miner @ ~2,5GH/s. Are those any good at the current difficulty?
impresionesmline

Activity: 222
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 01:55:34 PM

I would take my efforts in mining XPM with the help of a pool, that could give you some good results.
Gultahin

Activity: 84

۩۞۩ secondstrade.com ★

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 03:39:22 PM

Both pretty expensive for each Ghash, but at cex.io u have the facility to sell tem faster

▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼  No.1 Bitcoin Binary Options and Double Dice  ▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼
████████████████████████████████  sec◔nds trade  ████████████████████████████████
↑↓ Instant Bets ↑↓ Flexible 1~720 minutes Expiry time ↑↓ Highest Reward 190% ↑↓ 16 Assets [btc, forex, gold, 1% edge double dice] ↑↓
joeroxor (OP)

Activity: 98

View Profile
November 26, 2013, 08:16:15 PM

interesting, thank you for your answers!

Social Media & PR @ BitOrca | Contact: joe.r0x0r@gmail.com | Twitter | Wallet Addresses
Sell/Buy Bitcoin code! @ BitOrcaOrcaBlog | Best Bitcoin Tool Competiton!
ici_lemmy

Activity: 254
Merit: 100

Hydax Exchange

View Profile
November 26, 2013, 08:31:01 PM

Yep. Even if I didn't ask, interesting answer.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: