Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 04:23:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Looking to get staked on high stakes tournaments on Seals With Clubs (poker)  (Read 1374 times)
bitcoinpsftp (OP)

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 09:00:47 AM

Hello,

Looking for someone who wishes to pay for my entree free in any of the higher stakes tournaments on Seals With Clubs.  The buy ins that I'm looking to get staked at are the following:

0.500 BTC entry cost
0.200 BTC entry cost
0.150 BTC entry cost
0.125 BTC entry cost
0.121 BTC entry cost
0.105 BTC entry cost
0.100 BTC entry cost
0.075 BTC entry cost
0.065 BTC entry cost
0.040 BTC entry cost
0.035 BTC entry cost
0.025 BTC entry cost
0.020 BTC entry cost

Cheaper tournaments than the ones listed, I feel comfortable paying for myself (I never risk more than 1% of my bankroll on tournament inscription).

As can be seen, there is a level suitable for almost anyone.  Now, for some stats about myself:

I am a winning poker player, on pokerstars I have average approximately 9bb/100 at NL25.  
I have currently started playing on sealswithclubs.eu and am at an average of 336bb/100 (not a true value, sample size too small), but none the less a very impressive heater (good run).
I find the player level at sealswithclubs.eu to be far inferior to that of players on pokerstars.com, and believe that I have a very large edge over the majority of the players.

Below is a screenshot of my cashier on sealswithclubs.com showing 2 days of playing (total of about 5 hours).  I made 12 buy ins of profit playing 20 chip buy ins (0.02 BTC per by in) for a total of approximately 0.24 BTC.

Ideally I am looking to get staked on tournaments that have a cost of 0.040 BTC and higher.  But for now, I will accept staking for lower cost tournaments to build a reputation.

My cut is 20% of winnings (total won minus buy in cost), and 80% of winnings go to the person who financed the buy in, plus the buy in.  
so if the cost for the buy in was 0.50 BTC, I came in 15th place and won 0.95 BTC, the person who staked me wins 0.50 BTC + 0.8*(0.95-0.50) = 0.86 BTC.  My cut would be 0.86 - 0.95 = 0.09 BTC
on the other hand, if the buy in was 0.50 BTC, and I came in 1st place and won 14 BTC, the person who staked me wins 0.50 + 0.8*(14-0.5) = 11.3 BTC.  My cut would be 11.3 - 14 = 2.7 BTC

In this format of 20:80 of staking, I have no risk, all the risk is on the person paying for the tournament.  If I don't place in the tournament, the buy in is lost and I owe nothing to the investor.

Keep in mind, in these tournaments, only about 15% of the players make it into the money.  So if I was to get into the money once out of every 4 tournaments, this is a good winrate (25%).

bitcoinpsftp (OP)

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 03:26:29 PM

Hey guys,

Here are results from November 25th

As you can see, it was a good day, up 5.5 buy ins (0.109 BTC).

lucaspm98

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 07:38:37 PM

Hey man, if you are interested I will stake you for 4 0.025 tournaments. If successful, I will stake you for the higher tournaments. I would prefer if I could livestream your screen for at least the first few tournaments (and any higher tournaments later on) so I can assess your skills for myself.
bitcoinpsftp (OP)

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 11:11:18 AM

Hey man, if you are interested I will stake you for 4 0.025 tournaments. If successful, I will stake you for the higher tournaments. I would prefer if I could livestream your screen for at least the first few tournaments (and any higher tournaments later on) so I can assess your skills for myself.

Thank you for the interest.  I have a whole separate thread for poker coaching, and if you would like to discuss certain decisions I might make, etc. that would fall into the realm of poker coaching.  But if you just want to see my play, I have no problem of recording the tournament and uploading it to a private youtube link I can give you.  Is this fine?

I'll play my best game and I believe that out of 4 tournaments, I have a decent chance of placing.  I hope I get a good return on these 4 tournaments, could really jump start this thread if you people start making money off me xD

PM me when you would like to send the 0.1BTC for the 4 tournaments.  I'll pm you my address.

Anyway, thanks for being my first client.

Best regards,
Mat.

lucaspm98

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 11:27:56 AM

Thank you for the interest.  I have a whole separate thread for poker coaching, and if you would like to discuss certain decisions I might make, etc. that would fall into the realm of poker coaching.  But if you just want to see my play, I have no problem of recording the tournament and uploading it to a private youtube link I can give you.  Is this fine?

I'll play my best game and I believe that out of 4 tournaments, I have a decent chance of placing.  I hope I get a good return on these 4 tournaments, could really jump start this thread if you people start making money off me xD

PM me when you would like to send the 0.1BTC for the 4 tournaments.  I'll pm you my address.

Anyway, thanks for being my first client.

Best regards,
Mat.
Yeah YouTube would work.

Hopefully you will win and attract some more clients!
bitcoinpsftp (OP)

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 01:02:13 PM

I have received 0.1 BTC from lucaspm98.  I will be playing 4x 0.025BTC buy in tournaments for him.  Results will be posted here after each tournament.

axilla

Activity: 217
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
November 29, 2013, 10:29:58 PM

lol sample size..  whats your stars or ftp name?

Growth-O-Matic Grow your business, and increase brand awareness | While everyone else delivers your news to the wire, hoping it gets picked up, we put your press release in front of the eyes of the top bloggers, writers, and decision makers in your industry.
omahapoker

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 12:56:27 PM

I have received 0.1 BTC from lucaspm98.  I will be playing 4x 0.025BTC buy in tournaments for him.  Results will be posted here after each tournament.

So how did you do? hope you placed in some.
chr0npiles

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 05:05:12 PM

So how did you do? hope you placed in some.

yeah, im interested in hearing as well!  If he's been successful, I would be down for investing...
bitcoinpsftp (OP)

View Profile
December 02, 2013, 12:39:35 PM

Played 3 tournaments, placed in none of the three.  I have no reason to hide this though, and I believe transparency is the most important thing in a business like this.  If anyone is interested in seeing the hands I lost in, I have all the hands recorded (pm me if you would like to inquire as to how I lost).  Tournaments especially are very high variance.  While long term the money should always be very +EV (expected value) since the level of the average players on this site is quite low, short term you can go 15 tournaments without getting anything, or win 2 in a row.  On this site, since not many people register, I think I can expect an average of 33% getting into the cash or better.

So again, while I did not place in either of the 3 tournaments (0.025 buy in, 0.025 buy in, and 0.05 buy in), 3 tournaments as a sample size is negligible statistically. 

Ideally I wish I placed in all three.  This kind of staking offer would generally snowball into a lot of people participating if the initial customers made money on their first tries.  Sadly did not happen this time.

bitcoinpsftp (OP)

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 09:53:56 PM

I have a brand new investor who will be staking me for 1 BTC total (25 tournaments of 0.04BTC).  He's a long time user on this forum, so hopefully I'll make him lots of money!

axilla

Activity: 217
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
December 04, 2013, 11:27:23 PM

you are ignoring me.. what is your stars and ftp name.. let me see a sample size then i might "invest"

Growth-O-Matic Grow your business, and increase brand awareness | While everyone else delivers your news to the wire, hoping it gets picked up, we put your press release in front of the eyes of the top bloggers, writers, and decision makers in your industry.
bitcoinpsftp (OP)

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 11:47:14 PM

you are ignoring me.. what is your stars and ftp name.. let me see a sample size then i might "invest"

There's a very specific reason I didn't include my stars and ftp name.  This is because over 95% of all my volume (probably 98%+) is zoom poker.  There is no site that tracks zoom poker.  I also don't use pokertracker/holdem manager.  So doing a search on my name gives very little results of tournaments I've dabbled in for fun, etc.  Hence, if I put out my pokerstars name, I'd be giving a false image of what kind of volume/results I produce.

My winrate was calculated over a 2 month period where I played a very large volume of hands at zoom (100k+), and total profits I've made (9bb/100, including losses from rake).  This was done by tracking total wins for those 2 months, and emailing pokerstars support to tell me how many real money hands I played during those 2 months, then doing the corresponding math.

bracek

Activity: 530
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 06:34:55 PM

I am staking him with 1 btc,
so far, so good

if it turns out profitable we are moving up in stakes
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: