Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 10:39:12 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Sleeper Coin  (Read 97 times)
brawdias (OP)

Activity: 84
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2018, 12:47:27 AM

Do you have a favorite sleeper coin?  How do you evaluate?

Would you consider:
- non-mineable coin over a mineable one
- decentralized over a centralized
- low fees/ fast fees
-  ??

trollercoaster
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 12:59:38 AM

Mineable coins are always better in my opinion, as there is a way to benefit from contributing to the community it pulls way more users and that userbase feels much more active.

Decentralization is the key feature of cryptocurrencies, I don't see the benefit of centralised digital systems, they are vulnerable. That's why I don't like Ripple, they show off as a decentralised system but their core is centralized.

Fee amount is really not important at all, because the highest fee is still nothing compared to fees in physical world, so the transaction should be fast and secure, not cheap. (Again, the "not cheap" option is nothing compared to cash transfer)
TimtheYoutuber

Activity: 1708
Merit: 125

www.positivebetting.com

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2018, 12:59:59 AM

Do you have a favorite sleeper coin?  How do you evaluate?

Would you consider:
- non-mineable coin over a mineable one
- decentralized over a centralized
- low fees/ fast fees
-  ??

I made a medium thread about evaluating coins: https://medium.com/@therealtimforrest/the-right-way-to-evaluate-a-cryptocurrency-781476d263b3

It really depends on the coin tbh. I would rather have a minable coin, decentralized always, and fast.

Positivebetting
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: