Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 12:16:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 [62] 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »
  Print  
Author Topic: DIY FPGA Mining rig for any algorithm with fast ROI  (Read 99397 times)
vapourminer
Legendary

Activity: 4326
Merit: 3523

what is this "brake pedal" you speak of?

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 11:49:52 AM

speaking of questions:

@GPUHoarder, i think you mentioned the acorn will run under windows only.

@senseless, you mentioned linux only for fpga.

so looks like separate rigs then? was hoping to drop both the acorn and vcu1525 into my windows gpu rig.

ah well used ubuntu before i guess ill figure out whatever distro you support.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
GPUHoarder

Activity: 154
Merit: 37

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 12:25:07 PM

@GPUHoarder,
@senseless,

I have just noticed a small detail regarding warranty, on fpga.land website:

Could you please clarify regarding  "for the places where waranty period is defined by law" part?
Does this mean you are ready to provide a 2 year warrantywhen selling to EU?  

90 days warranty is a huge concern for  me even when it comes to a GPU not to mention a $3.5K hardware piece. But a 2 years waranty would definitely be a decisive factor for me here.

Yes if your regions laws require, the warranty period will be 2 years.

speaking of questions:

@GPUHoarder, i think you mentioned the acorn will run under windows only.

@senseless, you mentioned linux only for fpga.

so looks like separate rigs then? was hoping to drop both the acorn and vcu1525 into my windows gpu rig.

ah well used ubuntu before i guess ill figure out whatever distro you support.

Everything I do supports all platforms.
vapourminer
Legendary

Activity: 4326
Merit: 3523

what is this "brake pedal" you speak of?

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 12:30:52 PM

Everything I do supports all platforms.

cool, thanks.

looks like smos or something for me then, i want everything (acorn/gpu/fpga) on one rig.
gotminer

Activity: 644
Merit: 24

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 03:00:31 PM

https://linear.in.ua/product/xilinx-virtex-ultrascale-fpga-vcu1525/

Looks like someone already using op's photos...or vice versa?

His link opens up a page that attempts to install a fake adobe flash player.  Nice try jackass.

Ok, I want you to walk back in there and very calmly, very politely tell the risk assessors to fuck off! -Mark Baum
powerload79

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 03:11:07 PM

Can the CN7 bitstream and miner be acquired now for testing purposes?
The fpga.land page says that it is available. Does that mean it is available now, or that it will be availble in August? If now, how/where can it be acquired for testing?
colomine

Activity: 58

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 04:49:39 PM

The fpga.land page says that it is available. Does that mean it is available now, or that it will be availble in August? If now, how/where can it be acquired for testing?
@powerload,
They already  answered my exact same question recently. Everyting will be delivered in August.
powerload79

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 07:04:10 PM

@powerload,
They already  answered my exact same question recently. Everyting will be delivered in August.

Right, but some of us don't want to sink $30K into hardware without being able to directly validate the existence and performance of the stack.
gateway

Activity: 552
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 08:57:13 PM

Wow times have changed, I step out of mining for a year or so, start up a year ago with ETH mining and boom back to the FPGA Days!!
mineroc

Activity: 40

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 10:14:17 PM

https://linear.in.ua/product/xilinx-virtex-ultrascale-fpga-vcu1525/

Looks like someone already using op's photos...or vice versa?

His link opens up a page that attempts to install a fake adobe flash player.  Nice try jackass.

??
Frankie001

Activity: 125
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2018, 11:51:14 PM

Read through this thread and i think it's great what you guys are trying to achieve, however you have to realize some/most of us will remain skeptical until we at least see these units in action, with actual real world numbers posted for everyone to see, hopefully those results/proof will come sooner than later.

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ ✅ PRiVCY (PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project ● ☞ ✅ Best privacy crypto-market! ● █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ─────────────────║ WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ║─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June]✅[Tor]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet ➢ ✓ Windows  |  ✓ macOS  |  ✓ Linux
GPUHoarder

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 11:58:48 PM

I think I should be clear that the group buy / sale is for the VCU1525 hardware, below market prices, and the hardware only. It includes access to the shell platform that allows us and others to securely publish bitstreams, including those with the performance numbers on the website, but we are not "selling" a packaged miner or some specific performance promises on some specific algorithms. This is Xilinx's hardware - we are not nor do we want to be Bitmain.

We've simply made the VCU1525 that the first page of this thread references available in a more cost effective group buy, and promised that we will support bitstream and miner development for it alongside the rest of the community.
powerload79

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 12:02:24 AM

Read through this thread and i think it's great what you guys are trying to achieve, however you have to realize some/most of us will remain skeptical until we at least see these units in action, with actual real world numbers posted for everyone to see, hopefully those results/proof will come sooner than later.

The exact same FPGA cards are available in AWS, so it would be trivial to verify it all for one's self, but the end-to-end software stack to do so has not yet been made available.

And expecting people to buy rather expensive hardware without making available the software stack required for public peer review is... bold.
GPUHoarder

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 12:10:42 AM

The exact same FPGA cards are available in AWS, so it would be trivial to verify it all for one's self, but the end-to-end software stack to do so has not yet been made available.

And expecting people to buy rather expensive hardware without making available the software stack required for public peer review is... bold.

1. The AWS FPGA cards are under several restrictions that make them drastically different in performance.
2. They are the same "chip", but drastically different setup required and a bunch of work no-one has time to do.

Again, you're operating as if I'm trying to sell you something. I am not. I have no expectation that you will buy a VCU1525, or anyone else.

There is a whole discord full of 1300 people that wanted to be able to get these cards for prices that were reasonable. I helped facilitate that. If you don't want to buy it you don't have to, no one is forcing you to. That option didn't exist before.

Too many people on here are selling their wares and trying to scam people into buying their hardware. This isn't my hardware, I'm not "profiting" from selling you it, in fact it is taking a tremendous amount of my time, energy, and sanity to do so.

There is a lot of work to do to take what were private miners operated by technical people that know them in very specific hardware setups, and adapt them to be secure as well as easily usable by non-FPGA dev members of this community. That work is underway, but it won't be fully ready for release until these cards are shipping. Similarly if we waited till all the software was 100% ready for the typical miner to plug in and use, we wouldn't be getting cards till 2 months after that. You are welcome to choose to wait and see, and also you may find out there are no cards available at that point.

Frankie001

Activity: 125
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2018, 12:17:27 AM

This is what i meant, the hardware is there and capable but at what numbers/hashrates, for that we need the software, hopefully it will soon be out for everyone to see cause as it stands, without the software to mine, these will just be expensive paperweights until the software is released, i do know there's other uses for the specific fpga in this thread but the paperweight comment is for this specific use, as in mining.

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ ✅ PRiVCY (PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project ● ☞ ✅ Best privacy crypto-market! ● █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ─────────────────║ WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ║─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June]✅[Tor]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet ➢ ✓ Windows  |  ✓ macOS  |  ✓ Linux
R0mi

Activity: 305
Merit: 148

Theranos Coin - IoT + micro-blood arrays = Moon!

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 12:34:01 AM

This is what i meant, the hardware is there and capable but at what numbers/hashrates, for that we need the software, hopefully it will soon be out for everyone to see cause as it stands, without the software to mine, these will just be expensive paperweights until the software is released, i do know there's other uses for the specific fpga in this thread but the paperweight comment is for this specific use, as in mining.

Okay.  So remain skeptical and wait for everyone to report back.  Is that so hard to do?

Walton Chain CEO Mo' Bling: "Walton Chain will be the Qualcomm + Cisco in the blockchain industry, the ‘Google’ of the Blockchain."  It's December 1999, do you know how your shitcoin holdings are doing?  Magic 8 ball market analysis: www.doiownashitcoin.com
mineroc

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 12:48:32 AM

Anyone have a valid discord link?  OP's is dead already.

Also, OP, you're still supporting the lesser cards you mentioned in your introduction correct?

senseless

Activity: 1118
Merit: 541

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 12:49:47 AM

Also, OP, you're still supporting the lesser cards you mentioned in your introduction correct?

https://discord.gg/qeavcT

mineroc

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 02:20:41 AM

I get an invite expired image

senseless

Activity: 1118
Merit: 541

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 02:21:44 AM

I get an invite expired image

https://discord.gg/Knf6Rv

GPUHoarder

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 02:22:34 AM

Okay.  So remain skeptical and wait for everyone to report back.  Is that so hard to do?

It is worth pointing out that many of us developing this mining software/bitstreams do not even have VCU1525 cards in our possession yet. That means our numbers are based on the same/nearly same chip on VCU118 dev boards. I'm sure many will be happy to provide more details as they get their development VCU1525s to test with.
Pages: « 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 [62] 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »
  Print  

Jump to: