Bitcoin Forum
June 07, 2024, 09:51:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: As of now Bitcoin is mentioned 5 times in the top 20 on Hackernews.  (Read 1081 times)
sickpig (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1008

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 01:53:59 PM

It's a trend that is going for the last week or so

edit: fix grammar in the subject

Bitcoin is a participatory system which ought to respect the right of self determinism of all of its users - Gregory Maxwell.
wumpus

Activity: 812
Merit: 1022

No Maps for These Territories

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 01:58:26 PM

The top posters used to be quite hostile toward bitcoin there, and believed it would go nowhere, at least when I still frequented it ~ 1 year ago.
Some paradigm shift happening there.

Bitcoin Core developer [PGP] Warning: For most, coin loss is a larger risk than coin theft. A disk can die any time. Regularly back up your wallet through FileBackup Wallet to an external storage or the (encrypted!) cloud. Use a separate offline wallet for storing larger amounts.
sickpig (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 02:03:18 PM

The top posters used to be quite hostile toward bitcoin there, and believed it would go nowhere, at least when I still frequented it ~ 1 year ago.
Some paradigm shift happening there.

yeah it seems that some sort of shift in the attitude of big karma users is happening.... at least till the next correction in price Tongue

Bitcoin is a participatory system which ought to respect the right of self determinism of all of its users - Gregory Maxwell.
sickpig (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 26, 2013, 02:28:30 PM

Trend continue today Nov 26 at 14:24 UTC it he main HN page we have 5  in the first 28 posts. 

Bitcoin and Gold   
Show HN: Live Bitcoin Transactions from around the globe in WebGL *Up again*
Coinbase to Waive All Fees on 11/29/13 in Support of Bitcoin Black Friday
Bitcoin Black Friday: Why Namecheap is Participating
How Money Moves Around The Banking System

BitcoinNews.io

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 26, 2013, 02:56:53 PM

the top spot was me Smiley i do enjoy HN.
sickpig (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 26, 2013, 09:14:54 PM

the top spot was me Smiley i do enjoy HN.

You deserve it. I've really enjoyed the article

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: