Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 02:28:59 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Can we know specific bitcoin is stolen goods?  (Read 406 times)
campbell.box

Activity: 109
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 03:18:40 PM

It is impossible to determine whether BTC is stolen in the block chain!

Because BTC is hidden, can't judge it belongs to someone, can only find it from a wallet!

Someone wants to sell you BTC at a low price, you can choose to accept, because this can make profit!
12tribes

Activity: 378
Merit: 11

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 03:24:23 PM

The ability to know or differentiate between say 'A' bitcoins and 'B' set of bitcoins is at the moment not possible. What may be known is the originating source of the bitcoins and the wallet from whence it came. To be able to prove fraud will require special tools and skills knowing where to look.

mk4
Legendary

Activity: 2800
Merit: 3847

Paldo.io 🤖

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 04:25:40 PM

Does it even matter if the bitcoin you received is from a good person or has gone from the hands of a criminal? You don't even know if the paper bills you receive are 'clean' or not, and if the bills you now hold was once owned by a criminal, so what? It isn't like you will also be held liable for the person's crimes.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
staywoke081

Activity: 211
Merit: 100

Santa Coin

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 05:01:29 PM

I mean I would purchase them and re-sell them to the market but you should ask yourself why they aren't doing the same? Maybe they want to avoid the KYC or maybe the Bitcoins are tainted. The problem only arises for ourselves if we ourselves don't want to undergo more KYC and if there is a black-list that denies the taint of Bitcoins. KYC we shouldn't worry about and the black-list really should not exist (although people are vying for it now). All said and done unless you are a government agency with vast resources you won't know if the Bitcoin is tainted or not and if I saw a solid $ opportunity I would take it in a heart beat.

Ishiro5
Copper Member

Activity: 224
Merit: 3

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2018, 06:25:04 PM

Well this may become possible along the line sometimes in the future, but a number of other structure outside bitcoin itself may become necessary so as not to dilute the main purpose of the technology
Musstang

Activity: 238
Merit: 11

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 06:45:18 PM

All can be, but at a low price, I would have suspected that there is something wrong and would not take it.
It is also a strange phenomenon if someone approaches you and offers to buy bitcoin

|▶   GREENX   |  THE WORLD’S MOST SOPHISTICATED GREEN ENERGY NETWORK   ◀|
Whitepaper   |▶     Private Sale 16 Apr 2018     ◀|   Presentation
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄    Telegram    Facebook    Twitter    Medium    GitHub    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
zhjxhtvb

Activity: 88

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 07:44:40 PM

This is usually a trap. There must be a reason to know that a large amount of bitcoin is sold at a low price, and a large number of bitcoins are traded on the face, and some even need a witness.
kenelmark

Activity: 1204
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 10:03:47 PM

For example, if some guy approach me and he want to sell bitcoin at low price, but big amount,

is this acceptable? or not? Why?

I'd be more concerned that it was a scam, rather than stolen coins or something. I mean why would someone sell way under market value?
On what platform have you received such a deal?

This is just as simple as the law of offer and demand.
if you need something the most, you would buy it whatever it cost. or if you need money the most, you would sell it whatever it cost.
nothing special in this case.
Radio-Active

Activity: 523
Merit: 10

YOUC - https://www.youengine.io/

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 05:13:03 AM

For example, if some guy approach me and he want to sell bitcoin at low price, but big amount,

first, it has a high possibility that guy want to scam you. if he say you must pay him first, you better leave him.
second, if he send you bitcoin first, why not ? you can get bitcoins with a cheap price, it means you will get more.

●   John McAfee Supports   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  Advertising Platform  ❱❱❱❱❱❱   
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  YOUC  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
ALI AKBAR

Activity: 266

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 06:24:19 PM

I think this is an exchange and it can be uncertain at any time. There is no faith in conversation practice. Because there is no Bitcoin to steal there. They will take away many coins from you by fraud. So be careful and know about them all the time.
Dart18

Activity: 1400
Merit: 259

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 06:35:28 PM

The question is why is he selling at a lower price for large amounts of bitcoin. That could be a possible scam.
You might to let him do the trade first. But I guess he wont do it cause it cannot be transferred back.
Meet up will be better or get a collateral instead of just doing it with good words of him. Do not be tricked by those. They are all over the internet and will do it anytime they see a victim.
timerland

Activity: 1526
Merit: 596

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 09:27:42 PM

If someone approaches you, and tries to sell you bitcoin below market rate, then you do need to be careful. Not because it may come from a source that is illegitimate, but because of the fact that he is most likely trying to scam you.

Anyways, to answer your question, bitcoin is fungible, just like cash.

You have no knowledge of what the bitcoin is used for before it is passed onto you, nor do you have the responsibility of knowing what the coins are used for. Each coin is the same as the other, regardless of where it came from. Although there are probably complex blockchain analysis techniques to track these coins earned from illegitimate sources, as long as you don't participate in them, you should be fine.

Just like cash, if the bill that you receive was used by criminals at one stage (which is pretty much every bill), it doesn't affect its value.

Smiley
hadveach

Activity: 448
Merit: 102

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 10:23:43 PM

if he seriously wants to sell bitcoin for a cheap price, so, I will not be kidding. I will accept and buy it.

it's like your friend will sell a Lamborgini with a very cheap price. are you sure you will refuse?
mineko

Activity: 79

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 11:14:46 AM

if it is real is not a fraud I think I accept it, because it can benefit very big results, and if that kind of fraud do not be taken.
Dexion

Activity: 812
Merit: 101

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 11:56:28 AM

I feel hesitant about the offer, because only a fool that sells bitcoin for a cheap price, and maybe he will be cheating.

unless you transact with transparency or meet with him and make direct transactions, then it's better.

Denifriska

Activity: 98

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 12:28:53 PM

It seems like you should be wary of that person, because if anyone offers a bargain it could be that person intends to deceive you. But if you already know the person, and it's been around a long time then it would not hurt to buy it, maybe he was in need of money or was bored to have bitcoin.

But most of all you still have to be vigilant and careful in all transactions later.
abhi777

Activity: 457

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 12:31:26 PM

if it becomes me I definitely accept it and it depends on your beliefs and beliefs to bitcoin the answer back to you, buy cheaply and sell with a high selling price one strategy in investing with bitcoin
Jayskie15

Activity: 59

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 12:57:35 PM

Even if you can track the source of tokens from the blockchain, you still don't know what's going on. On the other hand you can't track bitcoin, bitcoin is anonymous. And when someone sell it that means he want to get profit in it. If you need you can buy it, but have an agreement first so that you will not be a loser.
carlisle1

Activity: 2744
Merit: 541

Campaign Management?"Hhampuz" is the Man

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 01:09:52 PM

What kind of topic is this?damn question is too far from the title.
I dont know why people like this have the guts to create a thread lol

If that guy approached you selling bitcoin in lower price and you believe it,then both of you are FOOL,are you noob?why would that person do sell in lower price when he can sell it in higher?sometimes use your mind before spreading this
Drolmin

Activity: 3

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 01:21:25 PM

Interesting question

Would you really even want to know if the BTC you are receiving is stolen goods or not? Do you even know if the Fiat currency that you lay your hands on has not been stolen or used for not so angelic purposes? If someone is selling you BTC for a price that is far below market value then you should probably be suspicious but that rule should count for Fiat currency as well.
Unless you have some sort of moral issue with it then might as well just continue to trade with it or hold it.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: