Bitcoin Forum
July 06, 2024, 08:36:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [Beta] Feedback needed on CryptoPush, a Bitcoin Market Alert System  (Read 842 times)
mpjetta (OP)

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 04:08:58 PM

As the price of Bitcoin goes up and more and more exchanges and markets open up, I saw the need for a third party market alert system.
More and more investors are trading with big money and it is a constant struggle to keep track of all the movement in any given day.

What if you had a real life and couldn't monitor the price of BTC 24/7 ? CryptoPush helps to solve that problem. We can alert via SMS, email, mobile push(prowl), or voice call you if the price of BTC falls 20% in 15 minutes for example.

Waiting for that big crash to buy back in? Set an alert and get a voice phone call when it is time to buy.
Waiting to sell at $1000? Setup and alert on your favorite exchange and get notification when it happens.

So I created CryptoPush and am finally ready for a beta test.

Things I need feedback/help with right now:

User Experience

- Monitor Re-occurrence and/or 'sleeping'
   Right now once a monitor is triggered, it will not repeat unless manually "Run Again", this is not really ideal but prevents the system from spamming a device for now, and burning through your sms limits.
   I am stuck on how a 'monitor' should reset itself. Obviously you might want an "All Time High/Low" monitor to alert you every time, but you may not want to be spammed with texts every 1 minute if the price is flip flopping through your 5% change alert.
   Do I just 'sleep' every monitor for ?30 minutes? after it is triggered, and then it resets and can be triggered again? Or should each monitor have a 'repeat' option where you can individually control the repeat level?

Politics

- Accounts
   Should I go with a BTC/month/year "premium account model" or would you prefer a "credit model" where a small account of BTC would buy credits towards SMS and voice phone alerts, which cost real money to send.
   Email and Prowl alerts would be free and a basic free account would always be available. A credit system would lend better to an affiliate program where you could get XX credits when a friend you referred bought their first credits.

Other Feature Requests

- I welcome any other bug discoveries, suggestions or feedback either here or through PM.

Here are a list of things I am working on and hope to have working this week:
   - a full account settings page where you can edit your details
   - forgot password system
   - a New Monitor for when the price reaches a certain percentage from now, so you can get an alert when goes up 200% for example to sell, or alert you when down -20% to look into selling as a stop loss.
   - a working bitcoin merchant processor. I am mostly setup to use coinbase but am waiting to hear about a bitpay application.

Documentation / FAQ / HowTo Writing

- The process of getting a prowl app on your phone and a key generated at http://prowlapp.com and connected to CryptoPush is fairly simple, but it would be great to have some written HowTos with lovely screenshots and whatnot. I am going to need to do this myself soon, but PM me if you have any interest in helping out with this.

So here goes, the beta signup.

Currently, the first 100 beta users will get a Level 1 Premium Account or the equivalent in any other account model. We would appreciate any and all feedback you may have. I have locked down the signup with beta codes for now, so here are 50 to signup at https://cryptopush.com/signup

xv8Wwe,N39PQ6,7w1435,XQrO3b,0QEYQd,PQdkv1,EQOywr,1wXxwJ,0vpdvG,qQxKvx,4v2MwK,0vyqv9,pQe5Q0,X3aBw9,PvzAwz,ZQnK3K,6vLMQ2,xwbY35,LQ7Nvo,NQZVQz,b3VEQ8,YQlXQj,aQkBvG,r3ojQx,xQYWNw,5QP00Q,DvR6mv,g3GJKQ,nv0Lev,
R3A25w,M34yNw,jQjX8w,lQMK5w,yvgX0Q,MwqzDv,5v5Llw,d3BY2Q,qQD0EQ,0vJKkQ,XvmRWQ,J3NAoQ,4vK8ZQ,YQWA1w,nQ69Ov,xv8rW3,N39eP3,7w1V4v,XQrYOv,0QEGYw,PQdWkv,EQOeyw,1wXaxv,0vpmdQ,qQx4KQ,4v28M3,0vy9qv,pQeB53,X3agB,
PvzpA3,ZQneKv,6vLDMv,xwbXYQ,LQ7bNv,NQZlVw,b3VqEQ,YQllXQ,aQkmBw,r3o0jw,xQYENQ,5QPa03,DvRmmw,g3GNKQ,nv0Xev,R3A75v,M34oNQ,jQjm8v,lQM95Q,yvgg0v,MwqXD3,5v5Alv,xQYEeQ,5QPag3,DvRmWw,g3GN5Q,nv0Xyv,R3A7Zv,M34oPQ,
jQjm7v,lQM9eQ,yvggyv,MwqX03,5v5Aav,d3B7dw,qQDy73,0vJb2v,XvmaZv,J3N96Q,4vKmP3,YQWEmw,nQ6nz

^^^ 50 to signup at https://cryptopush.com/signup

Let me know what you think!
mpjetta (OP)

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 26, 2013, 04:40:35 AM

FYI the codes should be 6 characters (with no commas) and are case sensitive.

Some people were having issues adding devices for the last few hours. I believe I have fixed that nasty bug just a few minutes ago, so please try and add them again if you get a minute. Thanks.

Keep the feedback coming.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: