Bitcoin Forum
July 17, 2024, 01:43:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Chicken Wings webcomic accepting bitcoins!  (Read 486 times)
nelisky (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 04:56:31 PM

I received their newsletter a few days ago and they state they are now (manually) accepting bitcoins for the stuff in their webshop: http://shopusa.chickenwingscomics.com/

I already have most their comic books but I'll certainly get some stuff there, and for those that don't know them make sure you have a look at their webcomic: http://www.chickenwingscomics.com/

I am in no way related to them, and haven't even told them I would be advertising here. Hopefully they'll not get mad about it Wink

From the newsletter:

You can now pay us with Bitcoin! Our shop software doesn't enable us yet to offer you an integrated payment system, so we can only do this manually. Just send us an email with a list of stuff you want to buy, your address and any gift or promo codes you potentially possess, and we will reply to you as quickly as possible with the total of your purchase in Bitcoin currency, and the Bitcoin address for the transaction.

The price of Bitcoin is volatile. In order to be fair to both parties and even out some of the short term spikes, we will look up the global average price of the day that you sent your email on bitcoinaverage.com and use the daily average exchange rate for our conversion.

Stef wanted to do this for over a year now, but those of us who know us, also know how slow we are with implementing changes in our website. But now that Bitcoin got a new level of publicity, we want to seize the opportunity to jump on the bandwagon. If we're late or early, time will tell, but we're intrigued by the idea of a truly decentralized global currency and wanted to contribute our tiny share to its success.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: