Bitcoin Forum
May 18, 2024, 12:05:52 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Anyone Buying Bitcoins?  (Read 6467 times)
BitPirate

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

RMBTB.com: The secure BTC:CNY exchange. 0% fee!

View Profile
November 26, 2013, 02:55:05 AM

We could go up to somewhere above $1000, but I don't see this as a high potential upside right now. Bitcoin is a risky investment, and at this point in time I don't see the rewards being consummate with the risk. There's a real risk we're on the verge of mass hysteria and subsequent bag-holding. Another bubble could be a long time in the coming if so.

Fine to hold, but eventually holders will become impatient and want to increase their stash. They do this by dumping.

Might make sense to buy a little all the way down, but it's less risky to wait for the bottom to be in and buy on the next upswing -- it will probably be cheaper.

Christmas isn't traditionally a strong buying season, so the bottom may come early next year sometime.

Of course, I could be totally wrong. But to me this is as much about managing risk as going balls-in.

Kreigyr

Activity: 75
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 26, 2013, 03:00:49 AM

Pretty happy buyer at the moment despite the prices. I'm not putting all too much in, but I don't expect to have a fortune in this currency at the moment.

BitcoinAshley

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 26, 2013, 03:09:41 AM

I'm planning on buying more in a week, whatever the price is.

Reason: Nothing to do with fundamentals or predictions. It's just that CampBX will be accepting ACH starting Wednesday and I can't be arsed to mail a check or a money order before then.

In fact, I've never really thought about fundamentals, predictions, time to buy, current market conditions, etc, I've just been buying bitcoins steadily and regularly in small amounts for over a year. And I've been very successful doing it this way. I don't buy in huge chunks because then I'd have to worry about whether it was a "good time to buy" or shit like that.

Some people lose money when they think too much. I have a few friends who had been holding out since $100 "waiting for a dip." One bought in at $250 and one bought in at $600. What a dumb strategy. Wait till price rises higher to buy. If they were too worried to buy all-in at $100, they could have bought in with 10% of of their fiat at a time every week and they'd make much more than they would by waiting a month.
Bitsurprise

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 26, 2013, 03:22:41 AM

FYI
inputs.io, bips, the australian and the czech exchange just got hacked,
that's 3 cases totaling around 9000btc in less than 2 weeks.
i would not risk buying at this prices even if it rises to 1000 or more
just look at the charts...

Thats why the public will embrace btc it is very safe ...
favelle75

Activity: 910
Merit: 501

View Profile
November 26, 2013, 03:58:28 AM

I am converting LTC to BTC now that the rate has jumped 20%...but as for exchanging fiat for BTC?  No, not at these prices.

_Crypto made easier than cash_

▄███▄              ▄███▄
███████            ███████
███████   ▄████▄   ███████
███████  ████████  ███████
▄██████████  ████████  ██████████▄
████████████  ████████  ████████████
████████████  ████████  ████████████
▀██████████  ████████  ██████████▀
▀███▀   ████████   ▀███▀
████████
▀████▀
MenaPay.
ANN THREAD
__
BittBurger

Activity: 924
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 26, 2013, 03:58:50 AM

But to me this is as much about managing risk as going balls-in.
Yep.  Go big or go home.
Invest everything you're willing to completely lose.
All or nothing.
Fuck mediocrity.  
That's how I approached Bitcoin in June.
I was sick of my money sitting on eTrade doing absolutely nothing for months, and months, and months, and months, and months ....
One goes up ... three others go down, cancelling it out.  It was the most frustrating bullshit on earth.
Im not a stock guy.  I'd rather put all my money into a mildly aggressive SEP IRA fund with 80% stock holdings, just keep depositing to it, and not watch the balance.
I eventually like what i see every time I do check its progress.
Then came Bitcoin and I went balls-in ....

Owner: "The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
View it on the Blockchain | Genesis Block Newspaper Copies
thetopham

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 26, 2013, 04:43:43 AM
Last edit: November 26, 2013, 04:55:15 AM by thetopham

I put in $1000 (all I could afford) at current prices for 1.25 total coins couple days ago.

I was bearish the whole way up from $200 to $800 and only made about $100 off 3 coins I got at $200 around october 15th. sold them at 205 after the 150 mini crash a couple days later, then was in disbelief that the price would keep going up. Bought 2 more coins at 400, sold at 415 thinking it was gonna crash. Bought a coin at 500, sold at 515 thinking it was gonna crash.

Now my few coins are in paper wallet where I can't panic like that anymore, I got hurt so bad trying to day trade

edit: I still made money on the way up so at least I didn't do as bad as that kid on reddit losing his family inheritance, still, lost out on the opportunity of this huge run up

edit2: been sitting on a 5970 graphics card since 2011, came across bitcoin when my graphics card fried and was looking how to repair it. Thought nothing of it.

edit3: grandma asked me about bitcoins in January 2013 and I told her it was probably nothing. she passed away in March and then we all know what happen in april!

hindsight is a bitch!
piramida
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1010

Borsche

View Profile
November 26, 2013, 06:54:08 AM

I actually bought 36 btc last hour for about 810. I consider myself bear in long term, however... this bubble is not yet over.

Wow there are still long-term bitcoin bears alive? Rare specie Smiley

i am satoshi
windjc
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1070

View Profile
November 26, 2013, 07:15:23 AM

I actually bought 36 btc last hour for about 810. I consider myself bear in long term, however... this bubble is not yet over.

Wow there are still long-term bitcoin bears alive? Rare specie Smiley

There are plenty of bulls wearing bear costumes running around praying for a dip. But they're not really bears. I'd love a dip too, but I hate wearing costumes.
romerun
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1001

Bitcoin is new, makes sense to hodl.

View Profile
November 26, 2013, 07:49:35 AM

i'm out, this price requires bigger players
Edward50

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 26, 2013, 07:53:44 AM

I just won't buy at these high prices. I can't see how anyone can honestly go out and buy at $800 right now.

Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless — like water. Now you put water in a cup, it becomes the cup; You put water into a bottle it becomes the bottle; You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend.
Pente

Activity: 528
Merit: 527

View Profile WWW
November 26, 2013, 08:15:01 AM

Every once in a while, I will buy another small fraction (.05) on coinbase. But I am done investing any major money now. I am bullish, but feel the speculators are really ahead of the infrastructure right now.
seriouscoin

Activity: 658

View Profile
November 26, 2013, 08:22:09 AM

Wow this thread shows ppl still set their mind of one whole coin....

You ppl know you dont have to buy one coin right?

LOL you know eventually btc will be over $10k right? Who would buy one coin? I'm sure ppl will buy mBTC
seriouscoin

View Profile
November 26, 2013, 08:25:02 AM

Every once in a while, I will buy another small fraction (.05) on coinbase. But I am done investing any major money now. I am bullish, but feel the speculators are really ahead of the infrastructure right now.

Problem is infrastructure will ALWAYS be behind. Once investors from WS come to bitcoin, its price wont stop going up.

Good thing is technology also evolves fast enough to push infrastructure enough to raise floor support.
Salivan

Activity: 195
Merit: 102

DiMS dev team

View Profile
November 26, 2013, 08:29:30 AM

people have to realize that it will be increasingly harder to get coin "for free" in this market
after all 800 may be not so bad price, albeit to be honest I am not buying right now
Edward50

View Profile
November 26, 2013, 09:39:47 AM

Based on responses here. It seems most people are simply not buying. I am very surprised that the price is holding so high when most people think that $800 is too high to buy.

I personally bought .01 bitcoins as a test recently. But I wouldn't call that buying.

Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless — like water. Now you put water in a cup, it becomes the cup; You put water into a bottle it becomes the bottle; You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend.
seriouscoin

View Profile
November 26, 2013, 09:45:38 AM

Edwar, sounds like you dumped your coins early and being left out.

Are you trying to look for comfort? I can pad your back for 1 BTC.
MoreFun
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1003

WePower.red

View Profile
November 26, 2013, 09:55:37 AM

Based on responses here. It seems most people are simply not buying. I am very surprised that the price is holding so high when most people think that $800 is too high to buy.

I personally bought .01 bitcoins as a test recently. But I wouldn't call that buying.

Probably even less people are selling. We had huge publicity, some serious money is coming our way that holds no coins at the moment. We are not growing because of these 0.1 BTC buys in these thread.
Edward50

View Profile
November 26, 2013, 09:58:40 AM

Not looking for comfort but honestly a stable price.

Since that time I have more fiat dollars and am in a position to invest some of it. May invest in some non-bitcoin investments that require bitcoin and don't want to take a loss when bitcoin comes crashing down.

seriouscoin

View Profile
November 26, 2013, 10:03:07 AM

Well i can answer my own question now

HOLY SHIT FUCKING PANIC SELL

I couldn't sell my fucking bitcoins fast enough. I took a bit of a fucking loss.

Stupid fucking mt. gox does not have a stop loss, where I would have sold my coins before the $5.00 wall was broke.

That was intense selling those coins.

Well I gambled. I had my chance to sell above $5.2 all day today. And had my chance to sell at $5.1 just before the drop and my warning.

Now I have a fucking bit coin loss.

I knew better than to hold them, but held them like an idiot. Just look at my last posts when I said multiple times I was selling,

Its ok Edwar.... just dont be a bitter loser and go bearish due to this. We've got tons of this in here.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: