Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 12:45:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: My whole family is into Bitcoin  (Read 1171 times)
TheD1ceMan (OP)

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 08:32:45 PM

Both my parents and my brother wired me some money to buy coins for them  Smiley
Triggered mostly by the massive media coverage in the German speaking area in the last few days.

I had to do a lot of explaining and especially my parents would never have been able to set up and back up their wallet (they don't really speak english). So think about what will happend when it will be really easy for Joe Everybody to buy coins.. Holy shiiit..

For my brother it was easier to educate himself after I pointed him toward the "Bitcoin 101 Blackboard" series on Youtube. Btw: I really ecourage you to show them to anybody that is interested in BTC. De Angelo does a great job explaining the BTC ecosystem.

People at work start asking about BTC more often too because they know I own some.

Hold tight, we are in for a ride!  Grin Grin

If you want to buy my a beer: 1C63v2YbqMmt6hb1EqxouaVxheCt1fBTBa
kireinaha

Activity: 350
Merit: 253

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 08:42:48 PM

Sure, a lot of people will be interested in bitcoin once they take time to check it out and see the 10,000% ROI its given speculators over the past few years. Are these people interested in bitcoin? Probably not the protocol itself, but the opportunity to get rich quick. Still, that means there could be a lot of upside left to go in this bubble.

Night gathers, and now my bitcoinwisdom watch begins.
Ecurb123

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 08:43:21 PM

thats really cool, but too bad they had to wire you money to buy bitcoin.
TheD1ceMan (OP)

Activity: 84

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 08:46:11 PM

Sure, a lot of people will be interested in bitcoin once they take time to check it out and see the 10,000% ROI its given speculators over the past few years. Are these people interested in bitcoin? Probably not the protocol itself, but the opportunity to get rich quick. Still, that means there could be a lot of upside left to go in this bubble.

sure, thats interesting for them. why wouldn't it be. but they see and understand the value and possible future of BTC as well (taking over / partially taking over CC's, WU, Gold..).

If you want to buy my a beer: 1C63v2YbqMmt6hb1EqxouaVxheCt1fBTBa
beetcoin

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 08:46:49 PM

that's cool.. i don't think anyone in my family would be interested in BTC, much less understand what it's even about. i tried explaining it to a few members and they said it was too risky.
cnblue

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 09:07:21 PM

same with me, both my parents do not speak english.
they both got into Bitcoin at 330$, i buy the coins for them and make sure they are well protected.
they got alot of Bitcoin.

so everyone in my family have Bitcoin now, and Friends
its so convenient because now i can sent my friends,family BTC instead of cash.

niktitan132
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 09:09:39 PM

Gratz that you whole family is in BTC.   Wink
indianplayers

Activity: 113

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 09:20:56 PM