Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 07:45:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] NERVA: Cryptonight for solo CPU miners. ASIC, GPU, NiceHash resistant  (Read 28271 times)
Marizy

Activity: 168
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 03:34:44 AM

A good project, I advise you and your relatives who use crypto currency. Thank you!
egretia

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
zdl666

Activity: 222

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 05:58:29 AM

Name: NERVA
Ticker: XNV
Total Supply: 18 million + tail emission
Block Reward: 70
Block Time: 60 seconds
Maturity: 10 blocks
Algorithm: Cryptonight Adaptive
Premine: 1% (180,000 XNV)
platzdubble

Activity: 124
Merit: 1

you said what now?

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2018, 07:00:16 PM

I find myself getting more excited about hitting blocks than I did when I was pool mining. This just makes it more rewarding imo, and so much fun. Also - there really needs to be a subreddit for this coin! Get the word out and grow the community

xmranon on twitter/reddit.
angrywasp (OP)

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 12:02:52 AM

I don't have enough positive karma for a subreddit. Been a lurker for too long.

NERVA has been on altex for 2 days now and #10 for trade volume. Currently outdoing some well established coins. The strength of NERVA is amazing. People seem to really like the idea of solo CPU mining, but the nethash is growing and it is getting harder. So get over to altex and get some. It is currently trading for 600 sats, but that situation is going to change soon
fbastage2

Activity: 70

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 12:28:58 AM

I could not find ubuntu binaries.  where?
endlessskill

Activity: 531
Merit: 500

AMD | Mining | NVIDIA

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 09:43:48 AM

Linux binaries pls!
Hashing9000
Copper Member

Activity: 23

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 11:24:20 PM

Is solo mining not just the opposite of decentralization?

Pools are a point of centralization, since solo mining doesn't go through a 3rd party (pools) that must be relied on, it is therefore less centralized.

because a few people getting more coins?

That could be said for every coin.. (more hash=more coins), but has nothing to do with pool vs. solo mining. The only difference is that rewards come more randomly when solo than on a pool, but they average the same (solo ends up paying out slightly more even due to no fees to the pool, not to mention pool downtime, scam pools, etc.). So as long as the difficulty is low enough to find blocks in a reasonable amount of time it shouldn't matter.

For the time being, the difficulty is still low enough to find blocks with a typical single cpu (even if you only find a block every day or even few days, it is surprisingly profitable for a cpu mined coin, based on the booming trade volume on altex). Eventually, the difficulty could, and probably will soon at this rate, rise to the point where its simply not practical to keep solo mining with small amounts of hash power.

Anyways, it seems its not the case that the coin can't be pool mined, just that it requires changes to existing pool code to be compatible with its algorithm.

The dev has said in the discord channel that he will make the changes needed so that it can be pool mined, so hopefully by the time the small miners get pushed out of any realistic chance of finding a block, they can continue mining on a pool for steady payouts.
senbojiaju

Activity: 83

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 11:41:20 PM

Payment order?????
leandro996

Activity: 72

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 12:37:57 AM

how many coins can you get with a cpu i5 and 8gigas of memory the project is recent someone has the link to pool for windows
platzdubble

you said what now?

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2018, 01:04:34 AM

https://bitbucket.org/nerva-project/nerva-wallet

with an i5 you may get a block every 18-48 hours I would imagine depending on difficulty

edit* there are no pools for Nerva, it is solo mined only. That said, the link I posted is for the wallet that will allow you to mine XNV

Hashing9000
Copper Member

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 02:35:41 AM
Last edit: June 19, 2018, 10:03:40 PM by Hashing9000

EDIT:

New Announcement thread for NERVA for more information about the coin:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4312695.0

gonhunter

Activity: 196

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 03:49:01 AM

behind the success there is hard work of the team. It proves that nothing better than seal.seal provides the best ease and solution on the authenticity of the product because it is safe and effective. good project, success always for seal
myfamilyisthebest01

Activity: 98

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 08:46:15 AM

I have not seen any blockchain software company before. Lets see if it will be succesful
chand-o

Activity: 2

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 10:29:21 AM

Hi

I'm new to mining (starting this week) just a bit of hobby to pass the time. I have started mining NERVA and followed the simple guide post earlier for win 10. It has been going for about 24hrs and my wallet shows 0.0000000000. I get that solo is a slow process but compare to other mining i have tried this week normally after a day at least some of the zeros have changed.

Admittedly i am using win 7 not 10 but it seems to be working. I have triple checked the wallet address. Is they a way i check its doing the right thing other than the status option?

Cheers!
platzdubble

you said what now?

View Profile WWW
May 17, 2018, 06:08:53 PM

As we seem to be a rapidly growing community, feel free to visit us and subscribe to our subreddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/Nerva/

Hashing9000
Copper Member

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 08:18:48 PM

Hi

I'm new to mining (starting this week) just a bit of hobby to pass the time. I have started mining NERVA and followed the simple guide post earlier for win 10. It has been going for about 24hrs and my wallet shows 0.0000000000. I get that solo is a slow process but compare to other mining i have tried this week normally after a day at least some of the zeros have changed.

Admittedly i am using win 7 not 10 but it seems to be working. I have triple checked the wallet address. Is they a way i check its doing the right thing other than the status option?

Cheers!

Hey there! What is your hashrate it shows when you type status? If you have a hashrate it should be working as far as I know. Don't get discouraged; the thing with mining this coin is that you won't find blocks very often, but when you do it's a big payout; the current block reward is ~65 coins (and total supply is 18 mil). My hashrate is about 370 h/s and I'm finding pretty much 1 block a day on average. So from there you might be able to get an estimate of how long to expect to find a block (for example, with 185 h/s or half of my hashrate, you might expect roughly 1 block every 2 days. Remember this is an average so luck plays a factor; you could easily go a few days without a block, and then find a few in one day sort of thing.

That being said, I just checked and the network hashrate is currently at 1.2 mh/s, which is roughly twice what it was when I wrote the guide a couple days ago.. though it tends to fluctuate a fair bit, the network is definitely growing fast. This just means there are twice as many people trying to mine the same amount of available coins, so you might only find blocks about half as often as I said above, because your portion of the networks hashrate is less, therefore your portion of the rewards will be less.

Hope that helps, if you have more questions consider joining the discord channel, there are plenty of people who know much more than me who are willing to help people out, and the dev is very active there and helpful as well  Wink
platzdubble

you said what now?

View Profile WWW
May 17, 2018, 10:06:14 PM

If anyone wants to sell some XNV for Steam Games - https://www.reddit.com/r/Nerva/comments/8k85te/want_to_spend_some_xnv_steam_games_are_here/

PlanetCrypto

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 05:57:09 AM

I think XNV can open up a new field with its own advantage algorithm, just like XMR, open the initial state of the algorithm.

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████████████
██▄▄       ▀▀█████████████████████
██████▄▄        ▀█████████████████
███████████▄▄       ▀▀████████████
███████████████▄▄        ▀████████
████████████████████▄▄       ▀▀███
 ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
     ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
▄▄        ▀██████████████████████▄
████▄▄        ▀▀██████████████████
█████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████████
█████████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████
██████████████████▄▄        ▀▀████
▀██████████████████████▄▄
  ▀▀████████████████████████
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
  Semux uses 100% original codebase
  Superfast with 30 seconds instant finality
  Tested 5000 tx per block on open network
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
ranggenga

Activity: 714
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 06:14:16 AM

Is there any link to your website or some whitepaper that we can learn about this project?
As I can say that understanding more about a project could give another strength to work with the project Cheesy
Hashing9000
Copper Member

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 09:19:23 AM

Hi

Cheers!

Hey there! What is your hashrate it shows when you type status? If you have a hashrate it should be working as far as I know. Don't get discouraged; the thing with mining this coin is that you won't find blocks very often, but when you do it's a big payout; the current block reward is ~65 coins (and total supply is 18 mil). My hashrate is about 370 h/s and I'm finding pretty much 1 block a day on average. So from there you might be able to get an estimate of how long to expect to find a block (for example, with 185 h/s or half of my hashrate, you might expect roughly 1 block every 2 days. Remember this is an average so luck plays a factor; you could easily go a few days without a block, and then find a few in one day sort of thing.

That being said, I just checked and the network hashrate is currently at 1.2 mh/s, which is roughly twice what it was when I wrote the guide a couple days ago.. though it tends to fluctuate a fair bit, the network is definitely growing fast. This just means there are twice as many people trying to mine the same amount of available coins, so you might only find blocks about half as often as I said above, because your portion of the networks hashrate is less, therefore your portion of the rewards will be less.

Hope that helps, if you have more questions consider joining the discord channel, there are plenty of people who know much more than me who are willing to help people out, and the dev is very active there and helpful as well  Wink

Thanks for this explanation... if i mine with 2 computers on one i.p. that have each about 60 hashes (old computers from 2006) how are my changes?..can i count it as one worker with 120 hashes or 2 workers with 60 hashes?
I hope that u know what i want to say..it's hard to explain because my english is not that great
In theory it should be the same chance to find blocks whether its 1x120 or 2x60. Based on my estimates above, I would expect very roughly 2 maybe 3 blocks a week on average for you, or 1 every 2-3 days (across both machines together not each), also the network hashrate dropped a bit and is only 800kh now, so it should be slightly easier to find blocks atm.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: