Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 04:24:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Need some help, Transaction not confirmed, really confused :S  (Read 674 times)
wmike (OP)

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 10:40:30 PM

Hey guys, I ended up buying bitcoin off my buddy lastnight.

I downloaded multibit....set up the wallet....and he transferred me the bitcoin.

I then paid him.

It was showing lastnight that i got the bitcoin, but the transaction is not yet confimed, so i said whatever and turned off my computer.

Its now about 18 hours later, i open up my wallet right now so i can send to BTC-e and it still says "transaction not yet confirmed. Seen by 3 peers"

Then i looked at the date in multibit and it says the 17th, my computers time and date was wrong....i hope that doesnt affect anything.

So i fixed the time.

I then click veiw transaction on blockchain and block explorer and they say the date as today.

At the bottom of my multibit wallet it says synchronizing with network fot about a half hour now, 221 block downloading...but i dont see any progress on the green bar.

So what exactly needs to be done so i can transfer these to BTC-E?

Did i mess something up with my computer clock being the wrong time? Or do i just wait? Does multibit NEED to be open?

Thanks ahead of time for any responses Smiley
cr1776
Legendary

Activity: 4074
Merit: 1303

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 11:37:48 PM

Hi,
Do you know if you paid a fee? If you share the transaction number (but never the private key) people can help look into it.

Hey guys, I ended up buying bitcoin off my buddy lastnight.

I downloaded multibit....set up the wallet....and he transferred me the bitcoin.

I then paid him.

It was showing lastnight that i got the bitcoin, but the transaction is not yet confimed, so i said whatever and turned off my computer.

Its now about 18 hours later, i open up my wallet right now so i can send to BTC-e and it still says "transaction not yet confirmed. Seen by 3 peers"

Then i looked at the date in multibit and it says the 17th, my computers time and date was wrong....i hope that doesnt affect anything.

So i fixed the time.

I then click veiw transaction on blockchain and block explorer and they say the date as today.

At the bottom of my multibit wallet it says synchronizing with network fot about a half hour now, 221 block downloading...but i dont see any progress on the green bar.

So what exactly needs to be done so i can transfer these to BTC-E?

Did i mess something up with my computer clock being the wrong time? Or do i just wait? Does multibit NEED to be open?

Thanks ahead of time for any responses Smiley
DannyHamilton
Legendary

Activity: 3430
Merit: 4669

View Profile
November 26, 2013, 08:22:40 PM

At the bottom of my multibit wallet it says synchronizing with network for about a half hour now, 221 block downloading...but i dont see any progress on the green bar.

This is s bit of a concern.  Does it still say 221?  You may need to reset.  There are instructions on how to do so here at the MultiBit help page:

https://multibit.org/en/help/v0.5/help_resetBlockchain.html

Similar instructions here:
https://multibit.org/en/help/v0.5/help_support_sentBitcoinToMultibitButTheyNeverArrived.html

Do you have the transactionID?  If so, you can search for the transaction at the blockchain.info website.  Use the search box here:
https://blockchain.info/

If blockchain.info displays that the transaction is unconfirmed, then the sender probably didn't include a sufficient transaction fee.  It could take a few days (or weeks) for it to be confirmed.

If blockchain.info displays that the transaction is confirmed, then you just need to get your MultiBit wallet synchronized with the blockchain.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: