Bitcoin Forum
June 28, 2024, 11:05:57 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Can You Join An ICO By Just Reviewing A Project's Team Background?  (Read 161 times)
gabinsight (OP)

Activity: 238
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2018, 02:34:09 PM

Before joining an ICO, I know most of us take into consideration so many factors like; whitepaper, team's background, project's progress, number investors involved. But what I really want to know is whether just a Project's team background is good enough to convince you. You can state out other considerations as well.
RDNX

Activity: 392
Merit: 11

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 08:58:45 AM

No of course not.
There are many factors that should be considered before choosing an ICO project. For me, I would like to see their idea. If the project has a unique idea, then I probably join the ICO.
I saw many ICO this day has a great idea but zero execution. So, see the team background also important. If the team has a great experience, I do believe that they will execute the ICO idea perfectly.
siena23

Activity: 2408
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
May 07, 2018, 10:35:50 AM

The background of the team should be considered first before wanting to join, because if the background is good, if I am 50% already interested to join. But background alone is not enough to know the project is good and it works or not. I think should understand in detail what projects we follow.

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂   https://tecracoin.io  ▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
UNITING SCIENTISTS, INVESTORS AND THE BLOCKCHAIN COMMUNITY
befriendmywater

Activity: 658
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 10:40:14 AM

No, I do not usually look so sketchy. I always check carefully the details. The idea is very important for a new project that will determine the success or failure of the investment process.
Good staff is absolutely necessary but investors need more credibility than talent. In addition, they have to be different for other altcoins to attract me and other real investors. Wink

───────────────    IMO Ecosystem    ───────────────
Customer First, Innovation from Everyone, Fair & Transparent
TELEGRAM  ]              J O I N   U S              [   TWITTER   ]
skelethon

Activity: 168

View Profile WWW
May 07, 2018, 10:42:08 AM

Before joining an ICO, I know most of us take into consideration so many factors like; whitepaper, team's background, project's progress, number investors involved. But what I really want to know is whether just a Project's team background is good enough to convince you. You can state out other considerations as well.

Just that, no. The whitepaper is just as important in my book and I make sure to review other factors as well.
onurgozupek

Activity: 1307
Merit: 593

In #Bitcoin me trust

View Profile WWW
May 07, 2018, 10:45:18 AM

It's  not enough. The team is the key point but you can't decide to join just checking the team's background. They will mostly be clean but what if the project is realistic or not? You need to make a deeper research. Of course you won't have much information about the product/service if it's not directly related to your profession but you can search about it.
yomarve

Activity: 196
Merit: 6

https://cryptotvplus.com

View Profile WWW
May 07, 2018, 10:52:05 AM

This is just like saying you can buy a packaged food just because the package is of a color you love. While the package is fine you still have to check what the food was made from. If it's halal or if it is expired.

Likewise you consider an ICO in totality. You consider the uniqueness of the idea or technology and how they intend to achieve their goals.

Ask yourself of they can truly achieve what they set forth to.
Do they have competition? If yes how can they survive.
How good is their marketing strategy etc

https://cryptotvplus.com
ICO Lancer

Activity: 182

View Profile WWW
May 07, 2018, 10:55:15 AM

This is just like saying you can buy a packaged food just because the package is of a color you love. While the package is fine you still have to check what the food was made from. If it's halal or if it is expired.

Likewise you consider an ICO in totality. You consider the uniqueness of the idea or technology and how they intend to achieve their goals.

Ask yourself of they can truly achieve what they set forth to.
Do they have competition? If yes how can they survive.
How good is their marketing strategy etc

Yeah just the team's background is never enough. There are million other factors you need to take into consideration before investing.
Yokonaumiyaki000

Activity: 308

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 10:56:55 AM

I think so, yes. Specially if this team has reputable adviser and team  and was part of a successful ico before. The team's reputation would pretty much lure in investors that would help the project. The team  would probably be knowledgeable enough for another successful round, their experience can bring them forth to another successcul ico.
jinxcreedy

Activity: 37

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 10:57:34 AM

This is not an acceptable way of joining an ICO. You have to ask your self if the project makes sense and whether it can survive for a long time. Your money is important so you just don't have to throw it away anyhow
veraro

Activity: 966
Merit: 100

Harmony for One and All

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 11:34:58 AM

I believe team background is very important factor, but it is not enough to make investment decisions. It is necessary to consider such things like idea which project wants to realise. Is they already have existing products. Marketing, advisers, community all this important.

Thirio

Activity: 350
Merit: 47

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 02:29:03 PM

I think so, yes. Specially if this team has reputable adviser and team  and was part of a successful ico before. The team's reputation would pretty much lure in investors that would help the project. The team  would probably be knowledgeable enough for another successful round, their experience can bring them forth to another successcul ico.
True. But what if the project does not click with the investors? It's not like the only thing the investors would look into is the team itself, if they're investing money into it, more likely they're thinking about long term project. A project that the target market wants and a project that the target market would love. If the reputable team together with an excellent project was paired, that would be the perfect ico to join to.
lolxxxx
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1032

View Profile WWW
May 07, 2018, 02:30:24 PM

Well I agree with the fact that a good team background has a great impact but that doesn't mean that I will join the ICO by the team I will check all the things the potential of the project matters a lot to me.
Yokonaumiyaki000

Activity: 308

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 05:23:02 AM

True. But what if the project does not click with the investors? It's not like the only thing the investors would look into is the team itself, if they're investing money into it, more likely they're thinking about long term project. A project that the target market wants and a project that the target market would love. If the reputable team together with an excellent project was paired, that would be the perfect ico to join to.
Oh, I did not think that through. I only focused on luring in those investors without thinking that they might not like the project, not investing on it. So i change my answer, i'll go with yes (with reservation lol). Thank you for these words, i'll keep them in mind.
Shreek

Activity: 476
Merit: 112

IDENA.IO - Proof-Of-Person Blockchain

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 05:24:44 AM

yay, sometimes a good team, with an ordinary project, gives its own confidence to investors
in fact, if Jeff Bezos makes a normal project, surely investors will come easily

CriptoDerby

Activity: 14

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 10:45:56 AM

One of the key factors to look for when deciding to invest in an ICO is the team. Trust in the team’s competency is a vital factor because (lets face it!) there are no guarantees for a return on your investment or fraud protection.

The first step I take when looking into a team is heading directly to the ICO’s website. To illustrate my example, I will take you through the team for TravelerToken (Travelertoken ICO - the cryptocurrency for Travel industry).

Clearly shown at the top of the website is a “team” section. If you are looking through an ICO’s website and they make no mention of their team, I advise you not to invest and leave the website immediately.

I like to look for a team that has experience in both crypto and the industry sector the ICO will be operating in. So for Travelertoken, I am looking for members of the team that have experience in tech, crypto/blockchain, or tourism/travel/hospitality.

One vote of confidence from this particular site is that it gives me direct links to the team member’s LinkedIn pages, email addresses and a short bios on their past experience. I see that the CEO, Thorben Biesenbach, has owned multiple businesses including some of which in the tourism industry. Next, I clicked on his LinkedIn link to double check that the same information in his bio is available on his LinkedIn. Lastly I do a quick google search on him to see if any major scandal pops up. For example if there was an article that accused Biesenbach of shady business practices I would probably shy away from investing in the ICO. Fortunately, Biesenbach and the rest of his team came up clean.

I repeat these same steps through the rest of the team. Pretty much what I am looking for here is confirmation that they are who they say that they are and they have some of expertise that could ad to the team.

From my quick search I see that they have multiple people with over 20 years experience in the travel industry, which is a positive sign. The team also includes people with programing, tech and entrepreneurial backgrounds.

The combination of the team’s skills meets my standards and I would consider investing in this particular ICO.
Andruha1993

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2018, 10:49:59 AM

For me personally this is not enough, because participation and investing in this ICO is a serious step. Therefore, many other factors must be considered.
Jericka D Ranillo

Activity: 252
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2018, 10:51:57 AM

Not only the team, i must prefer checking how was the product could bear in crypto world. I want an ICO which plan is to produce a product which has a big impact on society. For example , token that can use in restaurant as a payment. Something like that. Very unique and surely this is not just a tradable token in market it can use in personal lives

LouVandetta

Activity: 602
Merit: 253

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 10:58:14 AM

The team background is quite important for me. But, it doesn't mean a great team make a great project.
Just like you've mentioned, we need to bring together all the information we could get.
Their website, goals, roadmap and many more. Well, at least a good background could make us more secure.
w33man

Activity: 462
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 11:09:38 AM

Well some people in crypto are well known ad a lot of people are just following names, especially those who have a good reputation in terms of project development. However, it is still a risky move, it is always safe to review all the factors you must consider before investing.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: