Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 08:39:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Cybersec mentorship  (Read 150 times)
usmanov123 (OP)

Activity: 434
Merit: 102

Chikuntv

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 03:01:37 PM

Hi. I'm looking for someone who can help with opsec, linux, VPN + Tor, etc
Good if someone already have similar experience
PM me or TG: @kamikagomi
ty good luck
cryptosec.info

Activity: 138
Merit: 74

NotYourKeys.Org

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2018, 04:52:45 PM

Be careful what you wish for. Instead of looking for a mentor I suggest doing research on your own instead. Your "mentor" could potentially just take advantage of you.

https://www.privacytools.io/

NotYourKeys.org - Not Your Keys, Not Your Bitcoin.
-----
Join the Bitcointalk movement: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5292109
WaffleMaster

Activity: 966
Merit: 546

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 06:38:57 PM

Be careful what you wish for. Instead of looking for a mentor I suggest doing research on your own instead. Your "mentor" could potentially just take advantage of you.

https://www.privacytools.io/
Anybody involved with operational security knows one slip up and the whole entire operation is in jeopardy. Somebody with field experience ready to compile a list of things to do in order to maintain proper security is extremely valuable for a newer person who does not wish to suffer a catastrophic failure, resulting in complete compromise.
jmiro1

Activity: 235
Merit: 11

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 07:16:53 PM

I didn't want to meant anything here, I just wanna say it. I think it would be better for you and all of us if you discuss your issues in the open. Personally seeking advice is not actually the way of a forum. People are really helpful around here, and they would love to help. But secrecy might ruin it. And there's another thing. Your post and replies might help the others as well.
usmanov123 (OP)

Activity: 434
Merit: 102

Chikuntv

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 09:28:55 PM
Last edit: May 01, 2018, 09:49:09 PM by usmanov123

@cryptosec.info @WaffleMaster thnx
to secure my bags is the main goal ( i dont have a lot but who knows how much BTC will worth)
and I think anon coins are one of the most interesting and I want to study the tech. I've been reading about a coin with TOR and OBFS4 techs and I dont really know what is it.
also I've heard about new fishing techs in darknet and about some scammers with viruses so I became more concern (I'm not a tech person)

jseverson

Activity: 1834
Merit: 759

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 02:56:13 AM

to secure my bags is the main goal ( i dont have a lot but who knows how much BTC will worth)
and I think anon coins are one of the most interesting and I want to study the tech. I've been reading about a coin with TOR and OBFS4 techs and I dont really know what is it.
also I've heard about new fishing techs in darknet and about some scammers with viruses so I became more concern (I'm not a tech person)

If you just want to secure your Bitcoins, you don't need to go through in-depth usage of Tor or even obfs4. They're privacy tools to further secure your internet experience, yes, but the safest way to keep your coins is still offline. Get a hardware wallet or set up an air-gapped wallet and you wouldn't need much else (other than common sense maybe lol) to protect the coins inside.

Also, Tor and obfs4 don't help much with phishing, scammers, and viruses. They're mostly used to avoid surveillance and/or restrictions.

cryptosec.info

Activity: 138
Merit: 74

NotYourKeys.Org

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2018, 03:37:48 AM

Getting a hardware wallet like a Trezor or a Ledger Nano S would suffice. All you need to do is to make sure that you're mnemonic phrases are only stored offline. You really don't need to do obfuscating and encryption and stuff.

NotYourKeys.org - Not Your Keys, Not Your Bitcoin.
-----
Join the Bitcointalk movement: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5292109
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: