Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 12:50:12 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: TRADEHILL BANK ACCOUNTS FROZEN!!!!  (Read 3460 times)
luciferxe (OP)

Activity: 66
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 05, 2011, 07:52:36 PM
Merited by Zeroxal (10)

I have just received an email from tradehill stating that their bank account was frozen. I have a wire transfer comming to me via their account.

I guess I wont be getting it any time soon.
I have btc and paxum still. I need the money ASAP.

What can I do?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jwzguy

Activity: 868
Merit: 1002

View Profile
August 05, 2011, 08:26:45 PM

Which bank account??
luciferxe (OP)

Activity: 66

View Profile
August 05, 2011, 08:30:19 PM

The BoA account. So they say. At least that is the one they say my transfer was frozen at...
ffuentes

Activity: 70

Only a curious passer-by / FirstBits: 13zsc1

View Profile WWW
August 05, 2011, 08:35:47 PM

I have just received an email from tradehill stating that their bank account was frozen. I have a wire transfer comming to me via their account.

What can I do?

You again?

Listen Radio Libre (Electronica) Donate. (click for details).

Chilean peso VS BTC ahora: http://irage.ca/2btc.php?a=1&c=CLP&r=1

My bitcoin address
aquabit

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 05, 2011, 08:45:11 PM

What can I do?

You again?

He's not the only one waiting. I've been waiting since Monday for my wire withdrawal. I hope they get this sorted soon, because the longer this goes on for the more serious this situation becomes.
Nagle
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
August 05, 2011, 08:48:02 PM

FOREX trades are required to settle by day T+2. Bitcoin "exchanges" should be held to the same standard.  If the money hasn't shown up on day 3, assume they're crooks.
Jered Kenna (TradeHill)

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
August 05, 2011, 10:09:11 PM

What can I do?

Hi Lucifer,

As shown in our blog post, BOA was activating and deactivating our accounts this week sporadically. We have chosen not to use BOA anymore. We will have several other accounts available soon.

You emailed us and we are finding a way to get you the money quickly.

We regret having to switch from BOA because up till now they have been really good.

Regards,
TradeHill

moneyandtech.com
@moneyandtech @jeredkenna
error

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 06, 2011, 12:42:23 AM

FOREX trades are required to settle by day T+2. Bitcoin "exchanges" should be held to the same standard.  If the money hasn't shown up on day 3, assume they're crooks.

I assume Bank of America are crooks. Smiley

3KzNGwzRZ6SimWuFAgh4TnXzHpruHMZmV8
payb.tc

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 06, 2011, 01:06:23 AM

Bunch Of A...?
epetroel

Activity: 431
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 06, 2011, 03:43:39 PM

This must be affecting their paxum trasfers as well.  I've been waiting 3 days for a transfer from TradeHill to Paxum.  Emailed TradeHill twice about it, but still haven't gotten any response.
kjj
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1025

View Profile
August 07, 2011, 08:17:29 AM

Well, since you know what T+2 means, I guess I'm sorta wondering why you don't also know what "settle" means.

17Np17BSrpnHCZ2pgtiMNnhjnsWJ2TMqq8
I routinely ignore posters with paid advertising in their sigs.  You should too.
Jered Kenna (TradeHill)

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2011, 05:44:42 PM

Forex has the advantage of being an established industry. When I talk to banks I'm upfront and clear about what Bitcoin is. I've spoken to more than 20 banks in the last week and 15 said "no" when I explained what we do. I worry that other Bitcoin businesses just open a business account under "online retail" or something like that and are asking for trouble down the road. If you sell Alpaca socks for Bitcoin that's fine, if you're an exchange / e-wallet or something else based on Bitcoin then you're not being 100% honest with the bank and that can easily come back to get you later.

With that being said we've got a few banks that are willing to work with us and one is already up, the others should be very soon. There is a good possibility that as Bitcoin becomes more defined and regulated this will get a lot easier or it may become more difficult. I've spent a lot of time the last two weeks explaining how this works and why it's not just for buying drugs. Paving this road will benefit the businesses that follow but it's not fun.

Updates soon.

Jered

moneyandtech.com
pjwaffle

Activity: 539
Merit: 100

BIB Exchange

View Profile
August 09, 2011, 01:02:47 AM

Forex has the advantage of being an established industry. When I talk to banks I'm upfront and clear about what Bitcoin is. I've spoken to more than 20 banks in the last week and 15 said "no" when I explained what we do. I worry that other Bitcoin businesses just open a business account under "online retail" or something like that and are asking for trouble down the road. If you sell Alpaca socks for Bitcoin that's fine, if you're an exchange / e-wallet or something else based on Bitcoin then you're not being 100% honest with the bank and that can easily come back to get you later.

With that being said we've got a few banks that are willing to work with us and one is already up, the others should be very soon. There is a good possibility that as Bitcoin becomes more defined and regulated this will get a lot easier or it may become more difficult. I've spent a lot of time the last two weeks explaining how this works and why it's not just for buying drugs. Paving this road will benefit the businesses that follow but it's not fun.

Updates soon.

Jered

Bitcoin is built to be unregulatable.

I'm glad you're getting this fixed up.

███     WHITEPAPER  |    TELEGRAM    ███      BiB Exchange      ███     TWITTER     |   INSTAGRAM     ███
S e t   O f f   t h e   W e b 3   G e n e r a t i o n   N o w
Smalleyster

Activity: 84

I yam what I yam. - Popeye

View Profile WWW
August 09, 2011, 01:25:37 AM
Last edit: August 09, 2011, 01:53:44 AM by Smalleyster

FOREX trades are required to settle by day T+2. Bitcoin "exchanges" should be held to the same standard.  If the money hasn't shown up on day 3, assume they're crooks.

Yes, and they are the crooks who invented Visa and they probably now recognize that bitcoin is  a direct competitor, therefore expect them to do everything in their enormous power to kill bitcoin.

They may be the ones causing the current pricing upheaval as they certainly have both motive and ability.

Feel like investing in a Miner?:
http://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=30044.msg377773#msg377773
A soup to nuts newbee system for a secure, portable USB wallet (free instructions):
NoobHowTo: http://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=27088.msg341387#msg341387
Ridi

Activity: 200
Merit: 11

View Profile
August 09, 2011, 01:39:37 AM

Bank of America are also the ones that hired a private firm to come up with a strategy to sabotage and/or discredit Wikileaks.  They were heavily involved in the fraudulent Mortgage Default swaps and are still in the news frequently for being one of the banks that did not fill their legal obligations to produce paperwork determining their ownership of mortgages.  (In other words they have no legal right to foreclose on may of their mortgages.)

They only still exist because of the Bank Bailout and many sensible Americans will not do business with them.

AliceinCrypto.com                                                           
Progressive Free 2 Play + Play 2 Earn Fantasy Fight Game with its own Exclusive NFT Collection
▐ ▌   WIN A TESLA CYBERTRUCK   |   $60,000 in BTC   |   $50,000 in ETH   |     and MORE!     |   ▐ ▌
error

Activity: 588

View Profile
August 09, 2011, 06:11:24 PM

Bank of America are also the ones that hired a private firm to come up with a strategy to sabotage and/or discredit Wikileaks.  They were heavily involved in the fraudulent Mortgage Default swaps and are still in the news frequently for being one of the banks that did not fill their legal obligations to produce paperwork determining their ownership of mortgages.  (In other words they have no legal right to foreclose on may of their mortgages.)

They only still exist because of the Bank Bailout and many sensible Americans will not do business with them.

I gladly left Bank of America in 2005 and will probably never return.

3KzNGwzRZ6SimWuFAgh4TnXzHpruHMZmV8
Littleshop
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1003

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2011, 05:44:15 PM

I gladly left Bank of America in 2005 and will probably never return.

I left them in 2008.  They really attempted to screw me.

BCwinning

Activity: 770

View Profile
August 12, 2011, 05:54:10 PM

They screwed me back in the early 90's and I hate BoA so bad I refuse to do business with them in any way or form. In a way I'm glad they pulled this shit so you can find a better bank to deal with.

The New World Order thanks you for your support of Bitcoin and encourages your continuing support so that they may track your expenditures easier.
Desolator

Activity: 392

View Profile
August 15, 2011, 04:17:20 PM

hmm well that explains what happened to their bank transfer option for buying BTC Tongue well, most people don't know this but banks share a lot of info to avoid fraud and if your account receives too many wires from other people's accounts that are later reported as stolen, they freeze yours pending an investigation.  If they act like Paypal, you are permanently screwed.  If they act like reasonable people, they investigate you once and find out you're not involved in anything illegal and didn't know the accounts were compromised then basically make you immune to freezing in the future.
Jered Kenna (TradeHill)

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2011, 05:54:59 PM

Wires are going out as I write this.
Checks are in the mail (bank is sending them).

Maybe BofA will come around but if not we'll work with banks who are willing to deal with Bitcoin.
It took a while to find some but they're out there. Time well spent.

Thanks for everyone's patience in dealing with this.

Jered

moneyandtech.com
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: