Bitcoin Forum
July 13, 2024, 09:21:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: $350,000 per coin by year 2015. I am not kidding.  (Read 1263 times)
Dafar (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1000

dafar consulting

View Profile
November 26, 2013, 03:28:22 AM

Another speculation thread where i'm pulling numbers out of thin air. Enjoy

███████████
███████████████
█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████
███████████████░████░░███████████████████
██████████████░░█░░█░█░░█░░██████████████
██████████████░░█░░█░█░░█░███████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████
███████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████████
██████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████
██████████
|
|
|
kwest

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 26, 2013, 03:44:28 AM

$350k per coin, Ronald McDonald is head of the Bitcoin Foundation, and Satoshi is revealed to be the secret lovechild of the Dalai Lama and Liu Yandong.
Kreigyr

Activity: 75
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 26, 2013, 03:46:30 AM

I dunno' about you, but I'm open to possibilities. I didn't think this thing would ride up to 800$ when I got in two years about at around 2$.

I'll keep an open mind, but I'll certainly play around with short-term trends. This is fun!

Qoheleth
Legendary

Activity: 960
Merit: 1028

Spurn wild goose chases. Seek that which endures.

View Profile WWW
November 26, 2013, 04:10:27 AM

Fun fact: All the gold that has ever been mined, at current market rates, is valued at about 5 trillion dollars.

If BTC were priced at $350/minicoin, the total valuation of all bitcoins that will ever exist would be about 7.3 trillion dollars.

I thought that was interesting.

If there is something that will make Bitcoin succeed, it is growth of utility - greater quantity and variety of goods and services offered for BTC. If there is something that will make Bitcoin fail, it is the prevalence of users convinced that BTC is a magic box that will turn them into millionaires, and of the con-artists who have followed them here to devour them.
David Rabahy

Activity: 709
Merit: 503

View Profile
November 26, 2013, 04:26:31 AM

Bitcoin offers superior financial utility than gold.  Releasing gold from the somewhat artificial duty of store of wealth will lower the price for things done better with gold http://geology.com/minerals/gold/uses-of-gold.shtml.

Prediction; the price of gold will mostly drop as the exchange rate of Bitcoin goes up.  Times of unrest will see both gold and Bitcoin rise but as more and more people learn to trust Bitcoin they will flock to it instead of the relatively inconvenient gold.

We are fast approaching the $US/BTC exchange rate of $1,000/BTC where the switch to mBTC (or whatever we end up using) will sweep through and reset attitudes.  $1/mBTC will look very inviting and surges to new highs will follow.

I've been giving gifts of Bitcoin.  Not long ago I was giving 200mBTC (at the time worth about $25 US).  Now I'm giving what I call Bitcoin pennies 0.01BTC (worth about $8 US); A) I'm giving to more people and B) I expect they will be worth plenty enough soon to spark interest.
NamelessOne
Legendary

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 26, 2013, 04:28:21 AM

I dunno' about you, but I'm open to possibilities. I didn't think this thing would ride up to 800$ when I got in two years about at around 2$.

I'll keep an open mind, but I'll certainly play around with short-term trends. This is fun!

This. I had hopes back at $2 but Bitcoin itself has blown past them in every possible way. The future could be incredible.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: