Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 09:57:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Soooo, what do we think of Adamant?  (Read 88 times)
ttookk (OP)

Activity: 994
Merit: 513

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 06:26:46 PM

Can I just say how glad I am to see an ICo which is not just another ETH token?

My personal thoughts:

Pros:
  • Working prototype
  • Proven consensus system (Lisks codebase)
  • Relatively small hardcap (12 000 ETH or roughly 8 000 000 $)
  • Most of the tokens will be distributed
  • Sniffing around indicates, that this is a legit project (E.g. interview on the Lisk blog, yet no official endorsement)

Cons:
  • I'm not sure whether an independent blockchain is really needed for this project
  • It's still a token solution, meaning, you'll have to jump through hoops to get the tokens to pay, as opposed to payment via established currencies

General thoughts:
There is a number of projects working in that direction, which on the one hand is competition, on the other hand indicates a general interest in the idea. From what I'm seeing, Adamant is pretty far ahead, compared to others (Hush, ODN, et. al.).
With SHIFT, Ark, RISE and Blockpool, Lisks codebase has been utilized quite a bit. Projects like EOS will be using a variant of DPoS as well, so there might be more interest in projects going that route.
All in all, I feel the positives outweight the negative aspects, so I'll put a little bit in there.

Ref link:

https://adamant.im/ico/?referal=U10700721906004344123
ttookk (OP)

Activity: 994
Merit: 513

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 08:10:18 PM

…chirp, chirp…

I gotta say, I have the feeling, the Altcoin Discussion section is completely broken and overrun by spam bots. I mean, seriously, you open a thread and it lands on the second page within minutes and with single digit views? Heavy…
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: